A4 B7 1.9TDi - G65 Sensor design change

Notwen

Reaction score
Not quite my first post, I have posted in the past but with the car performing faultlessly(ish) and lack of surfing time I have not been around and forgot my log in details.

Anyway... Had a search and can't find a definitive answer.
2005 A4 1.9TDi Avant B7
Some time ago the Econ light came on, had a regas done at service and no different. A quick google suggested the G65/Thrust sensor, so I ordered one from ECP which was a different design.
The number on my old one was 8E0 959 126, after a bit more searching I found there have been a few revisions to this latest spec type, but the length and the thread diameter means it wont fit.
(pic borrowed off the tinterweb)
My style switch
mxnsxcUAHJ7RLZ1-oswYXCA.jpg

Type supplied by ECP

$(KGrHqNHJBEE9ps,tP3nBPetLid5W!~~60_35.JPG

As I was stuck for time I just put the other one back in and left it. With the warmer weather I am revisiting the problem.

So, the question is, is there an adapter that screws into the condenser to allow the later type switch to fit, or do I have to fit an updated/later condenser.
If it's an adapter, does anyone have the part number ?

Any input appreciated.

(edited to correct pictures)

New part number direct from Audi for this sensor is: 3R0-959-126, replaces the 8EO-959-126

had the same issue with the sensor type recently, purchased that part number direct from Audi for about £55