A4 B7 2.0 TDi engine mods list?

John_OCR

Reaction score
I have looked on here but can not find a great deal.

So, now I have this 2.0 tdi tank but would like to do a few things to it to maybe improve the mpg and also possibly the ride.

I have been told to get a Miltek Exhaust and Darkside intercooler then on the other hand I have also been told to avoid them.

So, maybe get a list going in here?

I have no idea of the engine code?

I can tell you its a 2007 A4 B7 2.0 tdi 170 avant

I would go with a front mounted intercooler if I was you, Darkside products are very good but a bit on the expensive side. Depending on your target a slight upgrade of the bv43 turbocharger will release a bit of power with improved driveability- I can upgrade your turbocharger with a billet compressor wheel which is lighter and has a better trim so it spools quicker and flows better up the rev range. Your limitations are the injectors, there is no upgrade for the Siemens PPD injectors so only solution is to revert to pd140 Bhp Bosch injectors and ECU, it's a rather simple upgrade which opens a whole new page in tuning possibilities with up to +200% fuel increase if aftermarket injector nozzles are used. Where abouts in the country are you ?
If you want to go custom I have developed a custom tubular manifold which will take a t25 style turbo- they are easy to upgrade and readily available and will flow enough air for up to 300 Bhp with just a cartridge upgrade and machining. You get modern compressor wheel technology and staggered gap oil seals for long life... Please get in touch with your requests, I have been playing with turbos for over 10 years now so I do know what works and what doesn't ! The last pd170 project I worked on we fitted a gtb2260vklr ball bearing jobbie with custom tubular manifold and it did over 300 Bhp however EGT are the main concern... Regards,
Chris

Reactions: KiwiDan
With a free flowing 3" downpipe, a hybrid turbo, log style manifold and a few more supporting mods my b7 pd140 does 225 Bhp and I have to keep torque in check in order to keep the clutch In one piece... When this goes i have a Sachs SRE clutch with upgraded pressure plate and organic clutch disc which will take all I can throw at it and some more !

Reactions: Sumner
I have a 140bhp b7 auto what sort of thing can i do to improve performance. UnfUnfortunat I'm in the process of changing jobs so not got masive spare cash

Sorry to jump in here but I have an a3 tdi 170 pd. Apart from the usual remap, which I have, is there any other mods I can do to get to approx 225 bhp?
Cheers.

Do
I would go with a front mounted intercooler if I was you, Darkside products are very good but a bit on the expensive side. Depending on your target a slight upgrade of the bv43 turbocharger will release a bit of power with improved driveability- I can upgrade your turbocharger with a billet compressor wheel which is lighter and has a better trim so it spools quicker and flows better up the rev range. Your limitations are the injectors, there is no upgrade for the Siemens PPD injectors so only solution is to revert to pd140 Bhp Bosch injectors and ECU, it's a rather simple upgrade which opens a whole new page in tuning possibilities with up to +200% fuel increase if aftermarket injector nozzles are used. Where abouts in the country are you ?
If you want to go custom I have developed a custom tubular manifold which will take a t25 style turbo- they are easy to upgrade and readily available and will flow enough air for up to 300 Bhp with just a cartridge upgrade and machining. You get modern compressor wheel technology and staggered gap oil seals for long life... Please get in touch with your requests, I have been playing with turbos for over 10 years now so I do know what works and what doesn't ! The last pd170 project I worked on we fitted a gtb2260vklr ball bearing jobbie with custom tubular manifold and it did over 300 Bhp however EGT are the main concern... Regards,
Chris
Do you still do turbo billet upgrades?