A4 B7 avant front suspension.

MG cup

Reaction score
Hi folks I'm new to Audi's so I'm just learning what's good and what's not as far as pattern parts.

I'm looking for a complete front suspension arm kit... Now having looked in a few places I can find a Febi Bilstein kit which are very good and make parts for a lot of manufactures. They're coming in at £300 delivered which include fixings, track rod ends and ARB links.

My question was.... Is there any other good quality kits out there that others have used in the past with no problems? Also what are the common worn parts on the B7... Should I be thinking of replacing the top mounts while I'm at it or only replacing the rear control arms etc.

I like to freshen up all my new cars suspension, I'm a little funny like that but I don't know if it's overkill doing the full lot on these, but given the 198,000 miles on the chassis with unknown history I would say it's sensible.

Cheers.

Meyle HD stuff has a very good name and is supposed to be superior to OEM stuff. It is expensive but you can save a lot by buying from Germany, usually quite a few sets on Ebay.de. I've got a set in the garage ready to go when I get time.
With the amount of work involved in changing the arms etc I'll be doing the lot, top mounts and all then that's it done for time I'll probably have the car.
Read up on the pinch bolts if you haven't already, absolute nightmare but unavoidable if you're changing arms. I think I'm going to pick up a spare set of uprights and do the pinch bolts, bearings and as much of the suspension in the garage before hand then swap them over.

Okay cheers I'll give them a look, I'm quite happy to get the Febi Bilstein set but I was hoping there was a cheaper alternative..... not so much a better alternative as I know the Febi kit will be top quality.

Yeah I looked into it a 'bit' and with the dissimilar metals of the aluminium arms and the steel bolts you're always going to find this. Ill just undo the suspension top hat (3 bolts) from inside the engine bay, both lower arm bolts that connect to the subframe and remove the caliper and drive shaft bolt and pull the full assembly to work on a bench. I have seen you need to drop the subframe in some cases as well to get the rearmost lower suspension arm bolt out which is a bit of a pain.

Im just at the research stage just now and I should really just pull everything apart and see what I have tbh but I prefer to pull things apart knowing what to expect and rebuild with all needed parts in one job.

Last edited:
Digging out an old thread but I have still got my b5 perches to fit so wanted to do the suspension arms too because I get a funny knock now and again. Is there actually any difference between the £120 suspension arm kits and the £300 kits il hopefully be putting a set of arb link power flex bushes in but the rest will be normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
I'd like to know this too! Want to replace mine but don't want to pay triple the price unless I can be sure it's worth it.

Reactions: James.c