A4 B7 Cab, Single din to double din climate control unit.

Surfs up

Reaction score
Hi all i'm fairly new to this forum and was just after any advice from you guru 's out there.
I am about to upgrade from a single din concert audio to a double din satnav/ DVD etc.
I have the new cage and unit but my question was does the climate control/air con unit fit in the new lower position? Is just a trim of the surround needed?
Regards
Surfsup

Thanks for reply, I saw that video, but the main part I need to know, ( if the climate control fits in lower position) they skip and have one fitted. They don't mention if it's the original one or a smaller one.
The other parts of the conversion are quite straight forward
Regards
Surfsup

No worries. After a bit of digging apparently you can use your original climate panel if you trim it a bit.

If you look at a double din climate panel the silver trim on the bottom is missing.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

So I guess this is the bit you need to trim??

Apparently you can't see the bit you trim when it's back together.

Thanks, that sound encouraging, will dig my dremil out and give it a go I think.(what can possibley go wrong?)
Appreciate your help, I will post some pictures when the conversion is complete.

Reactions: Baka
Take ur time triming as u can take too much off too quick as i did see puc
a2d99704b575b3992e1384ba5c7f8755.jpg
4cd91251435c5ce6e5631b069c75aa15.jpg
4a9d720a7797340376e9bae27cbbbef5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

If u can wait tilk 4ish i can take a pic of the sheet which show exactly where to cut m8

That would be great thanks, I'm not starting it till Thursday or Friday this week.
Much appreciated
Surfs up!

http://www.ranno.net/audi/RNSeInA4.pdf i used this also if you take glove box out turn off passanger air bag first and DONT TURN car on untill its all back togeather otherwise you will get the air bag light waring like i did then if you dont have vcds you need to find some1 to reset it for you hope this help give your self a couple of hour to do.

Its not mint, theres some peeling on some of the buttons but all works as it should.

Hi , thanks very much for offer but I'm going to trim my one as it is in excellent condition.
Cheers
Surfsup!

Nice one guys. Interested to see the result.

A little side question to @martin1984 .. how is the android console? Sooner or later I plan on doing what you have done. It looks decent and like the features it has. (ebay or amazon purchase)

Nice one guys. Interested to see the result.

A little side question to @martin1984 .. how is the android console? Sooner or later I plan on doing what you have done. It looks decent and like the features it has. (ebay or amazon purchase)
Hi its good all round i got this off a fello member on here ive had no problems with it all the speakers work fine sterring wheel control wrk and i bluetooth musci from phone can swap tracks with streeing control etc.

This is the one I'm fitting. Made for the A4
IMG 1155

Hi its good all round i got this off a fello member on here ive had no problems with it all the speakers work fine sterring wheel control wrk and i bluetooth musci from phone can swap tracks with streeing control etc.

Thanks Martin.

Great, glad its working. I see no reason why it wouldnt.

:)

Will do, thanks for everyone's help!

Reactions: DrStrange
Hi there Martin, out of interest does your top dash display still show radio stations and functions etc since your radio change?

Hi there Martin, out of interest does your top dash display still show radio stations and functions etc since your radio change?
No doesnt show anything never really bothed me so not looked into it.

Hi all i'm fairly new to this forum and was just after any advice from you guru 's out there.
I am about to upgrade from a single din concert audio to a double din satnav/ DVD etc.
I have the new cage and unit but my question was does the climate control/air con unit fit in the new lower position? Is just a trim of the surround needed?
Regards
Surfsup
can i ask where you got the 2din cage from? I see some on ebay and I’ve seen b7’s with a 2din radio system but wondering if they’re interchangeable from one to the other.

Just get a double din cage from a double din caged a4. No idea on how to fit though. I may go that route