A4 B7 List of Affordable Modifications/Upgrades/Retrofits

From China mate, they are stamped with part numbers and a Vw stamp which makes me think their probably the ones VAG use anyway haha.

The holes are already there, you receive 2 metal clips that you place into each hole then use the supplied torx screws to secure the hooks in place. Simple.

Reactions: Tyrer
Tired or scratched aluminum trims??

A couple of evenings with a sander then finer grades to remove the fish scale and "brush" the trims. Some clear coat and you'll have a stunning set of trims.

Or if they have some deep scratches or dents, sand, fill, sand, prime, paint and clearcoat if required.

Cheap, easy and if you take your time great results can be had.
Great Job! Looks lovely

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dubcool.pc
I've been following this thread for a while now (even before I picked up my car). I got a phantom black B7 avant Special Edition Quattro S-Line, luckily the car had most of the mods (puddle lights, warning door lights, black edition window surrounds and roof rails), I added some black S-Line badges all around, colour coded the repeaters black to match the body, rear wiper delete (with glass bung), debadged the rear, retrofitted RS4 Xenon lights with clear corner mod, got a nice set of black LED tail lights and a set of power folding mirrors from eBay that other day, they arrived yesterday so I fit them last night. I had to take the door cards and trim bits off to change the modules for the mirrors so after reading this I might just take all the trim bits off later and give them a sand down and freshen up. The other bits I have left to do is upgrade to the LED interior lights, paint the innards of the headlights then refurb and powder coat the wheels. I just need to code the mirrors to fold in when locked and I want to add the RS4 mesh to the air intake vents, I'm also considering wrapping the vents in carbon first along with the door pillars and rear diffuser

07bfe591a0c0c9649571e13b70b2359f.jpg

Last edited:
:grimacing:
I've been following this thread for a while now (even before I picked up my car). I got a phantom black B7 avant Special Edition Quattro S-Line, luckily the car had most of the mods (puddle lights, warning door lights, black edition window surrounds and roof rails), I added some black S-Line badges all around, colour coded the repeaters black to match the body, rear wiper delete (with glass bung), debadged the rear, retrofitted RS4 Xenon lights with clear corner mod, got a nice set of black LED tail lights and a set of power folding mirrors from eBay that other day, they arrived yesterday so I fit them last night. I had to take the door cards and trim bits off to change the modules for the mirrors so after reading this I might just take all the trim bits off later and give them a sand down and freshen up. The other bits I have left to do is upgrade to the LED interior lights, paint the innards of the headlights then refurb and powder coat the wheels. I just need to code the mirrors to fold in when locked and I want to add the RS4 mesh to the air intake vents, I'm also considering wrapping the vents in carbon first along with the door pillars and rear diffuser

Just a few mods then:grimacing:

Nice one. Dont forget you also have Dectane rear upgraded LED Tail lights.

Definitely go for the interior LED package. I did mine and its one of the best mods you can do to these cars..love it

You cant code the mirrors to close on locking unfortanatly

You cant code the mirrors to close on locking unfortanatly
Yeah, AudiRetrofits quoted me £250! They have a module and some coding that enables them to fold on arming the alarm. I can't justify that to my other half tho... unless any of you guys can help me come up with some good spill

As much as I love Belle (my b7), I've been thinking of selling her in place of a b8.5
I know I'll lose power, mine is the 2.0 TFSi pushing 220bhp stock, the b8 2.0 TDi is 177 but I can live with that

Reactions: Sveneng
so your looking to downgrade then to a lesser model...shame on you, B7 by far the best and If I ran audi i'd run the model all over again ....but that's just me.

so your looking to downgrade then to a lesser model...shame on you, B7 by far the best and If I ran audi i'd run the model all over again ....but that's just me.

It could be worse... I think.
Out of interest what are you driving?

quattro GmbH B7 2006 2.0TFSI 220 Avant quattro S-Special Edition, Brilliant Black

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids
Remap the hell out of the B8, with catless downpipes and all the breather mods and you wont notice the difference :p

Remap the hell out of the B8, with catless downpipes and all the breather mods and you wont notice the difference :p

Second this! I'm sure the new CR170 engine can get 230 just from a map not too shabby!!

Reactions: DrStrange
Yep, sounds about right James. Its crazy how far diesels have come these days.

I was just in a little race with my mate. He's got a Jag XF diesel. It only had 180bhp but with near 400Nm of Torque! Blew my 163bhp A4 to pieces with its torque!

My b7 is 280bhp and 430ft lb but it's a shame the 4wd and weight dumbs the power
Only option is cut out DPF inards and remap again
Not worth the hassle really

My b7 is 280bhp and 430ft lb but it's a shame the 4wd and weight dumbs the power
Only option is cut out DPF inards and remap again
Not worth the hassle really

Wow, are you sure its not 430 NM ? If so, 430ft lb is BIG torque.

Still impressive regardless!

I would do it.. :p

Yes 430lb it was 565ish in NM, or somewhere close

Thats awesome! Who did you get it mapped by?

Stupid question but what does 565nm feel like?

My mate has a 2.7tdi Range Rover Sport with 440Nm and that felt LOVELY haha.

No Maybe not, but still nice. If you're one of those types..you could just hybrid the turbo and your car will fly.

Thanks for these this is what ive got so far.

Done:
LED interior lights
LED number plate lights
Interior ambient lighting
Audi logo puddle lights
Wind deflectors ( dont have auto folding mirrors and tried manually folding drivers side in and cracked the wind deflector, this happened to anyone else?)
Rear windows tinted

To do:
Cruise control
Xenon headlamps upgrade
Front and rear footwell lights
Clean steering wheel/gear stick, i didnt know they was leather i thought they was plastic haha

Maybe list:
Alloys back to stock (got them finished in black but im 50/50 on if they look good or not. (full car is black) )
De badge
Front bumper splitter
Boot lid lip/spoiler

Car is 2.0T s line special edition, been having a thought in the back of my mind if i should buy the car again (same engine/colour) but with quattro and just swap everything over...Kind of regretting not buying a quattro model now....every time i put my foot down just get the ESP kicking in unless its bone dry roads

If you are going for tinted windows why not try blinds.

Best of both worlds.....block the light out and make it private inside yet you have the ability to remove them for cleaning the glass or if you get another B7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for these this is what ive got so far.

Done:
LED interior lights
LED number plate lights
Interior ambient lighting
Audi logo puddle lights
Wind deflectors ( dont have auto folding mirrors and tried manually folding drivers side in and cracked the wind deflector, this happened to anyone else?)
Rear windows tinted

To do:
Cruise control
Xenon headlamps upgrade
Front and rear footwell lights
Clean steering wheel/gear stick, i didnt know they was leather i thought they was plastic haha

Maybe list:
Alloys back to stock (got them finished in black but im 50/50 on if they look good or not. (full car is black) )
De badge
Front bumper splitter
Boot lid lip/spoiler

Car is 2.0T s line special edition, been having a thought in the back of my mind if i should buy the car again (same engine/colour) but with quattro and just swap everything over...Kind of regretting not buying a quattro model now....every time i put my foot down just get the ESP kicking in unless its bone dry roads

you have a special edition and thought it was a plastic steering wheel, shame on you sir......lol
must have been really covered in crud then chap.

Right I have searched but not found a definitive answer. The lighting pack seems to be controlled by something. If the lighting pack is not fitted what do I need to get footwear lights and puddle lights. Can I purchase a controller for it or will all the wiring be there and I just need looms and Vagcom

The door lights don't need a controller as such as they are basically plug and play inside the door. You wire them up......walk away and have a brew with the doors closed, come back and they work.

As for the footwell lights, there are two ways to do it. Some wire them upto the interior lighting and the other way is to wire it up correctly but then needs programming with VCDS. (Still need to find a definitive link to do this)

That is the Mk1 splitter Shaun , same as mine, will fit your non s-line fine .

Maybe the fitment did'nt help as i've seen it on a few and they looked ok, maybe another plan would be to lookout for a cheap s-line bumper aswell, plenty around and not all silly money.

Maybe the fitment did'nt help as i've seen it on a few and they looked ok, maybe another plan would be to lookout for a cheap s-line bumper aswell, plenty around and not all silly money.
I've thought about that but then it's the cost to get it sprayed, then the aftermarket grills aren't as available as se bumper grills. I'd have to try and find more pictures of that splitter on standard bumper I think

Brining up an older post but new to the forum can’t wait to get started with all these

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Sadly a lot of these mods are not so "Affordable" anymore , but a few are.:icon thumright:

Be careful though as many "B7 Enhancements " can get a tad costly by the end , do your research first before rushing into anything.:yes:

best of luck chap.

Sadly a lot of these mods are not so "Affordable" anymore , but a few are.:icon thumright:

Be careful though as many "B7 Enhancements " can get a tad costly by the end , do your research first before rushing into anything.:yes:

best of luck chap.

thanks rob :icon thumright: it’s looking that way already getting carried alway in my head was only meant to be a tidy up and enjoy it but that’s out the window now after finding the forum lol looking for some door cards, glove box and interior trim if you know of any going ?