A4 b7 play music via bluetooth

Hoskins1983

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to Audi, I've got a a4 b7 2008 2.0 tfsi, I've connected my phone to the Audi Nav but there I no option to play music through it, do I need some sort of adapter or is there actually a way of doing it though the settings etc, thanks in advance

In short... No

There are some Dension aftermarket units that allow you to do it, but it replaces the factory BT.

Don’t forget, you are using 15 year old Bluetooth tech here...

Get a little Bluetooth FM transmitter for your cigarette lighter. They're about £15 on Amazon and work a treat.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike
FM transmitters are tbh crap, unless it interrupts the existing FM reception to block stations crossing, they're a pita.

Options are sd cards or wireless stream OEM would be Ami unit & wireless dongle I've fitted many times, albeit not cheap but works well, aftermarket dension also fitted but as advised replaces factory phone by or swap head unit out to an all in one also fitted numerous.

I fitted Dension one - it doesn't replace factory Bluetooth - You actually can choose whether calls are going through Dension or RNS-e. In my phone's Bluetooth settings I've set Dension to handle multimedia and RNS-e to handle calls - works like charm! Cost me about 130€ for Dension BT lite. Works with steeering wheel buttons as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I fitted Dension one - it doesn't replace factory Bluetooth - You actually can choose whether calls are going through Dension or RNS-e. In my phone's Bluetooth settings I've set Dension to handle multimedia and RNS-e to handle calls - works like charm! Cost me about 130€ for Dension BT lite. Works with steeering wheel buttons as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have one of these too and it works a treat. No factory BT and using a Concert2+. Only thing with the Lite is that you don’t get song name on the display, think the more expensive one does that though. It replaces the cd changer.

Thanks for your reply guys I'll have a look in to the dension see what I can find

Hi

Also looking into a bluetooth alternative, is anyone able to long to the Dension unit for the B7?

Thanks

I found the Dension unit to be quite expensive, I have a Connects2 module that replaces the CD changer, mine is sitting behind the headunit. It's been great, it was cheaper than the Dension equivalent and I can still use the steering wheel controls, sound quality is good too.

https://www.incarconnections.co.uk/...eaming-and-hands-free-calls-2006-onwards.html

I would double check but I'm pretty sure this is the right one.

I found the Dension unit to be quite expensive, I have a Connects2 module that replaces the CD changer, mine is sitting behind the headunit. It's been great, it was cheaper than the Dension equivalent and I can still use the steering wheel controls, sound quality is good too.

https://www.incarconnections.co.uk/...eaming-and-hands-free-calls-2006-onwards.html

I would double check but I'm pretty sure this is the right one.

Does this support telephone calls too, I can see it comes with a mic. If so, is it compatible with the RNS system - phonebook, dial voice functions?

If you have an iPod connector lead in the glove box, i attached a Bluetooth transmitter to it and can play music through my original head unit. 2006 a4 b7

You guys need this in your life!
I just fitted one sub £10 and works. assuming you have RNS-e

Upload 2019 8 28 13 12 27

Do you have Aux in? This just replaces it and doesn't affect the phone Bluetooth. If you don't current have Aux then you need to have it coded but that's easy enough.

Are there any cheap options that work with the concert 2? Not fussed about Bluetooth calling unless the mic is straightforward to fit, just music...and as I have an iPhone aux will wipe out the charging port...