A4 B7 Retrofit DRL Switch

hedleyb7

Reaction score
I am currently finishing my retrofit of Xenons from Halogen. I fitted the Kufatec harness & Xenons nearly 2 years ago, took one look at the . I have just retrofitted Headlamp washers, I found this quite simple really, on my car at least (2007 A4 Saloon). I have finally got my head around the level sensors, I have installed the extra cabling to both headlights, and fitted the front axle sensor, I'm gearing up to do the rear axle sensor next.

One thing I have learnt is that the Kufatec Harness needs to be adapted for RHD cars when it comes to can Hi / Lo and the fused power from S10. Could anyone tell me the closest can-bus link to behind the glove box? I have a CD changer in the glove box does this have can bus?

But my real question relates to the DRL. I plan on retrofitting the DRL switch not that my manual headlight adjustment is now defunct. I have the switch but it does not do anything when swapped over, i notice there are some differences in the pins between the 2 switches. Does anybody know what has to be done to get the DRL switch working?

Thanks

You need to consult the wiring schematics for these jobs, elsawin is what you need.

I am doing a similar retrofit, I have collected all the parts, the only issue I have is that one of the level sensors' arm is a bit stiff compared to the other which is quite free to move, they both have the same part no.

Is this common or is one faulty ?

The Kufatec harness has 4 wires for the DRL Xenons; 2 wires into the CE board and 2 into the Light Switch to operate the DRLs.

I assume because you bought the harness a few years ago that you didnt get the DRL compatable harness?

You'll need the consult ElsaWin to check the pins for the headlights/CE board/Light Switch to wire the DRLs in.

CD Changer doesnt have CAN, closest and easily accessible would be Radio I'd have thought.

Should both move fairly freely.

Should both move fairly freely.

One moves freely the other does not, just gonna have to take a chance, also is there a guide on the internet for the installation of these, cause I've been looking for day and cannot find anything,

Being in the UK (RHD), what side do these sensors go on ? Is it passengers ?

Reactions: Jasesapphy
Sorry to dig out the old thread.

I managed to install OEM DRL Switch to turn on/off DRL light after converting my Halogen headlights to OEM Xenon ones.
It is actually very simple - DRL Switch pin 3 to pin 30 of T32b on J519 (CEM mine is the one ending N).

My car originally had two knobs - C/H (0 or 1) & Halogen Headlight Height Adjustment (1,2 or 3).
So I bought a different one with C/H & DRL Switch from Audi dealer (8E2919094D) cost around £25.
(Don't buy from used one from ebay. They are normally overpriced around £30!).

There was already a wire (grey/yellow) for pin 3 in my car, which I guess is used for Headlight Adjuster.
This made it easy, actually. First, I put a wire from Pin 30 of T32b (you need to buy it from Audi only cost a few pounds for 3 wires/pins) and hooked it up with the wire from pin 3 (of DRL Switch. In my car, it is grey/yellow wire as mentioned above) by a electrical wire connector.

It works fine and I can turn on/off DRL by this switch now!!

C/H function seems to be pin 4 which looks like going to pin 20 of T32b together with a wire from pin1 of the main headlight switch. I know you also need to install light sensor etc to retrofit c/h function.
I just wonder if it may work without light sensor. Normally, C/H works only when it gets dark, but would always work regardless without the light sensor? Does anyone know?

A wire from Pin 3 of the main headlight switch looks like going to pin 32 of T32b...
Can anyone confirm that this is for Rear fog lights?
I would like to know it because this may be a solution to make rear fogs work after upgrading your lowline CEM (K version) to highline CEM (N Version). Rear fogs won't work after you change Lowline CEM to Highline CEM. Many people asked this question, but no one seems to be able to answer it... Hence, my previous Audi A4 failed the MOT. I didn't have rear fog for a while for the sake of Bi xenon, but gave up xenon lights for the safety as we had many foggy days during the winter.

I would appreciate for your help.

Thank you.

I am currently finishing my retrofit of Xenons from Halogen. I fitted the Kufatec harness & Xenons nearly 2 years ago, took one look at the . I have just retrofitted Headlamp washers, I found this quite simple really, on my car at least (2007 A4 Saloon). I have finally got my head around the level sensors, I have installed the extra cabling to both headlights, and fitted the front axle sensor, I'm gearing up to do the rear axle sensor next.

One thing I have learnt is that the Kufatec Harness needs to be adapted for RHD cars when it comes to can Hi / Lo and the fused power from S10. Could anyone tell me the closest can-bus link to behind the glove box? I have a CD changer in the glove box does this have can bus?

But my real question relates to the DRL. I plan on retrofitting the DRL switch not that my manual headlight adjustment is now defunct. I have the switch but it does not do anything when swapped over, i notice there are some differences in the pins between the 2 switches. Does anybody know what has to be done to get the DRL switch working?

Thanks