A4 B7 scuttle cover

MeteorT7

Reaction score
Hi
I have just fitted a scuttle cover to my A4 B7 Avant but still seem to be missing a cover, as shown in the picture, can anyone please advise a part number or name of the missing part? It would cover the ECU.
Many thanks
Mark
20201114 144337

Mine has none. Surprised they dont come as standard.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't have a cover over the ECU either. I've never seen one that does.

I believe scuttle covers were standard on B6s, but not B7s.

My B6 didn't have the cover when i got it, got all the parts off the bay, all genuine parts as well, all most certain B6 bits would fit a B7, basically same car isn't it.

You have to buy that cover as well. I'm sure there is parts list on this forum.

I dont have it either , also keep in mind a lot of B7's never had the full length cover to start with, my old bus never came with it factory fitment.

Bul5

Hi
I have just fitted a scuttle cover to my A4 B7 Avant but still seem to be missing a cover, as shown in the picture, can anyone please advise a part number or name of the missing part? It would cover the ECU.
Many thanks
MarkView attachment 212209

Also the desiel has a difference ecu box which is why yours doesn't fit the same as the my tfsi item.

more importanly audi dont acctually list a cover for the ecu end, probably why no body else has one fitted either, well not as an OE part that is.
Upload 2020 11 15 15 5 17

Reactions: Charlie Farley
You mean 3B?

It appears to be the default cover that B7's come with that cover the Pollen Filter area.

See top right https://parkers-images.bauersecure....efiles/201898/engine-bay/1752x1168/au_653.jpg

These full length covers only came on S4's and above as far as I'm aware. The only people I know with them went out of their way to buy them

only 3 parts involved .
3B which is the pollen filter box cover , fitted as standard to all buses.
the full length plenum cover is a single part and you'll need the battery cover section aswell as that is a single part.

this picture highlights the issues the original op raised.
the ECU box shape and size designs differ from variants hence why the final fit differs.

Last edited:
Well I forgot I did not buy the extra cover when I purchased mine, as Rob states the TFSI has a different ECU box, why...
That's Audi. I guess the TFSI ECU cover wont fit the oil burner box?

only 3 parts involved .
38 which is the pollen filter box cover , fitted as standard to all buses.
the full length plenum cover is a single part and you'll need the battery cover section aswell as that is a single part.

this picture highlights the issues the original op raised.
the ECU box shape and size designs differ from variants hence why the final fit differs.

Don't forget that when you change to the full length cover with battery panel the original pollen cover (3B) is not used .

Maybe you could look at using the old pollen filter cover and modding it to fill the gap, just a thought.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
now that's a good idea Richard, i'd have a go at that had I not binned my cover recently...:sadlike:

I still have mine, but my scuttle panel fits like yours so its looks fine.
But he could try to make a cover from his old pollen fillter cover.

Related to this are there drain holes in the top scuttle area that need periodically cleaning?

I can’t see any and heavy rain seems to build up in there

If you have small hands and a bit of a contortionist you can get them out without removing the battery.