A4 B8 2009 Low Oil Pressure when turn Heater on

Paul Allen

Reaction score
Hi,

How are you all...?

Apologies if this post is a duplicate, but I can't find a similar one...

I have an issue where, when my car is idling, is at full temperature (90) and I turn the cabin heater on, and only when I turn the heater on, the 'Low Oil Pressure' Warning turns on...!!! I obviously turn the engine off immediately. I've tested this a couple of times now & it happens each time.

I've had many issues this year, many, many, many, with many accompanying error codes, which are thankfully now resolved. I've replaced many parts with either OEM or, where possible, equivalent parts, i.e. Inna, Febi, etc. The parts include;

- PCV Valve (OEM)
- N60 Valve (OEM)
- Cam Bridge (removed new mesh before fitting) (BGA) * mesh was missing on old one (investigated & resolved)
- Solenoid valve & magnet (INA)
- Cam Cover Gasket (Febi Bilstein)
- Exhaust Cam Washer (OEM) * was missing!
- Exhaust Cam Bolt (OEM)
- Cam Timing Chain & Runners (FAI)
- Cam Tensioner (OEM)
- Balancer Shaft Chain / Runners (FAI)
- Cam Sensor (OEM)
- Water Pump (INA)
- Coils (NGK)
- Plugs (NGK)
- Battery (Exide EK700 AGM)
- Throttle Body Gasket (Febi Bilstein)
- Crank Cover Silicone (Loctite)
- Crank Bolt (OEM)
- Crank Seal (FAI)
- MAF Sensor Cleaner
- Throttle Body Cleaner

You get the idea, Lol.

All error codes have now gone/been resolved accordingly, cam position sensor errors, timing errors, in fact all errors were timing related in 1 form or another. There are currently no errors, not even after the Low Pressure warning...

Other than thinking it may be a sensor issue, I'm lost; I can't find anything at all similar anywhere on the interweb & I need your help...! Any ideas, anything at all, however insignificant they may be, will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading & helping,

Paul.

Audi A4 B8 8K2 2009 (59) 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-Line

I forgot to mention; I changed the Balancer Shaft Chain and Crank Gears because the chain had been stretched to the point it was hanging down & not even engaging with the Crank Gear... Makes me think; could I have a Exhaust Balance Shaft issue? I did check both shafts before replacing the balance chain & found no issues; both shafts turned with no interference...!?

Update:

The oil pressure warning was being caused by the reverse camera light I'd installed with a reverse light power feed, or at least the oil pressure warning has gone now I've put the camera on its own relay feed. I assume it was causing a voltage issue that indirectly affected the low pressure sensor.