A4 B8 alcantara interior mods

KRT20

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently found a few small Alcantara mods for the interior like the armrest etc.

I've seen people talking about the Alcantara door cards on the S4 B8. Are these a straight swap onto the A4?

Also are there any other Alcantara mods people have done

I'm currently waiting for fabric samples and will be attempting full heafliner retrim and swap. It isn't going to be alcantara as it cost arm and a leg for the fabric, not to mention retrim.
Got the second hand headliner and pillars so I can do them on the bench and simply swap, when ready.

I have currently gear gaitor in Charcoal alcantara to match flat bottom steering wheel alcantara bit.
Both pieces match my oem half leather/alcantara seats and alcantara door cards.

Think headliner in similar or closes shade will set it off nicely and complete the interior.

I personally keep my elbow on the armrest all the time and wanted to avoid the rubs and grubby stains so would not opt in for armrest in alcantara.
Instead, got a lot of red stitching shared on new steering wheel+gear gaitor and few other pieces.
3d90ff4cdc727d2ebeba1a3416f0f006.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm currently waiting for fabric samples and will be attempting full heafliner retrim and swap. It isn't going to be alcantara as it cost arm and a leg for the fabric, not to mention retrim.
Got the second hand headliner and pillars so I can do them on the bench and simply swap, when ready.

I have currently gear gaitor in Charcoal alcantara to match flat bottom steering wheel alcantara bit.
Both pieces match my oem half leather/alcantara seats and alcantara door cards.

Think headliner in similar or closes shade will set it off nicely and complete the interior.

I personally keep my elbow on the armrest all the time and wanted to avoid the rubs and grubby stains so would not opt in for armrest in alcantara.
Instead, got a lot of red stitching shared on new steering wheel+gear gaitor and few other pieces.
3d90ff4cdc727d2ebeba1a3416f0f006.jpg

oh wow that looks incredible! where did you get that gear gaiter from?

Last edited:
oh wow that looks incredible! where did you get that gear gaiter from?
My steering wheel was made by Royal Steering Wheels as exchange service (you order wheel in spec wanted and they make it from stock wheel so you can replace it and sand your one back) and I sent them my oem gaitor as sample and template.
Oem fit with custom spec (fabric and stitching).
Only £40 costed me so it was a bargain of the century