A4 B8 driver side vent slider/tab fell out - advice needed

cashutt

Reaction score
Hi,
The tab used to adjust the vent on the driver side fell out this weekend. I got the two parts out of the vent and worked out how they clip together. But I can’t work out how to clip them together while inside the vent, I’ve tried using pliers though the flaps of the vent, but it’s too complex to clip them together with pliers. Has anyone fitted one of these before?

I took a couple of photos

its a 2008 A4 Avant.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

EE345B1C 1221 454E 9A53 DED7FA7EE991 53488CE4 1C4C 4752 876A 00338D27C3C2

Take out the vent and then try to fix it?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

They just pull out. Held in by metal spring clips at the sides.

If you have something thats flat and plastic that you can get round the sides of the vent with it should pop out, I've used a knife before, just be careful not to damage the dash.

Hi,
The tab used to adjust the vent on the driver side fell out this weekend. I got the two parts out of the vent and worked out how they clip together. But I can’t work out how to clip them together while inside the vent, I’ve tried using pliers though the flaps of the vent, but it’s too complex to clip them together with pliers. Has anyone fitted one of these before?

I took a couple of photos

its a 2008 A4 Avant.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

View attachment 162826 View attachment 162827
Pull the entire dash trim out and you'll have access to the side vent...
Beware, it's a real bitch to put back together but once you've tried 2/3 times (and failed) you'll get the hang of it and you'll get it right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk