A4 B9 Avant Rear Washer

Carmel1940

Reaction score
Hi,

Own an A4 B9 Avant which is 2 weeks outside of the 3 year original manufacturer warranty. The rear washer has stopped working, fluid is instead filling up inside the tailgate and squirting outside through the tailgate latch/rear camera mounting area. Worried about the damage that it’s doing to the unprotected rear side of these electronic parts.

My question… is it worth asking Audi to look at as a goodwill warranty claim (vehicle always serviced with them)? Or am I going to get into knots with ’fees to inspect the problem’, ‘use of hard water and the incorrect washer additive bring used’?

Same issue on my old A4 B8 Avant, the design is atrocious. A complete pain.

Many thanks

May have just popped off internally. I wouldn’t wait whilst it’s dripping fluid everywhere. Just remove the long flap inside the tailgate and there’s two screws. The whole internal panel pops off then with a trim removal tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Steff8

I‘ve been a complete donut….

Rear reverse camera has a washer, didn’t realise. The wiper arm washer jets were blocked with dirt. Now sorted after a boiling water soak and the use of a needle.

Thanks again

Aha ! No worries. Yeh that little squirter bit gets blocked from time to time, at least there’s no major leak internally !

Aha ! No worries. Yeh that little squirter bit gets blocked from time to time, at least there’s no major leak internally !

Is this def for the B9, not the B9.5? If so, didn't realise there's a washer for the cam. Will take a look tomorrow.

OK, so did learn something new today, I have a washer for my camera. :)

I had exactly the same symptoms as the OP, and thought exactly the same, in that there was a leak somewhere in the hatch. The camera washer would explain that then.

I took the jets off the rear wiper and tried, a wash washer fluid did come out from the rear wiper, so was just a case of blocked jets. Ordered a new one from Audi, just under £8.