A4 B9 Cruise Control Retrofit

karsavuran

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to retrofit cruise control to A4 B9 1.4 TFSI

I found the part number 8W5054690 from audi shop but it is quite expensive. I also found actual part number is 4M0907129HA. That can be found cheap coming from a donor car. But I could not find any information that if I can retrofit that preowned part. Also I am not sure about the last part of the part number (HA).

Could you help me?
IMG 1951

Assuming the part is for the stalks for the steering column you have to be very exact, it has to match your existing kit (i.e. Lane Assist) and I believe it even has to match if you have a heated steering wheel for example.

Assuming the part is for the stalks for the steering column you have to be very exact, it has to match your existing kit (i.e. Lane Assist) and I believe it even has to match if you have a heated steering wheel for example.
Thanks. yes the part is for the stalks. Someone from another forum said the part number is correct for my car, and it can be activated with VCDS. So I am going to try. I also need to find VCDS :)

Yes, VCDS can be more fun with the new B9's as the cheaper genuine cables are VIN limited, for example I bought the 10 VIN version and then upgraded it to the unlimited so it holds its value better.

The part number will have to match exactly, I would be careful on taking advice on it unless you are sure as there are a lot of variations. If you gett he PR Code list for your car and then let me know the part code I can always check in ETKA

Unfortunately I cannot afford genuine cable but I will research about fake/cracked ones. If they are not working with B9 I am going to find someone to borrow.

Definite part number will be great, here is mine PR Code list (I stored it as decoded so I am posting it as is)
If you need them in order as in the card, I can post a photo of it.
PRCode: 0G7 = Tiptronic
PRCode: 0JF = Weight category front axle weight range 6
PRCode: 0YF = Weight range 6 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1BA = Standard suspension/shock absorption
PRCode: 1KD = Disc brakes rear
PRCode: 1LA = Disc brakes front
PRCode: 1SA = Without additional engine guard
PRCode: 1XW = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel
PRCode: 2K1 = Reinforced bumpers
PRCode: 3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)
PRCode: 3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
PRCode: 3ND = Rear seat bench/backrest unfolding
PRCode: 3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
PRCode: 4GF = Windshield in heat-insulating glass
PRCode: 4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulatingglass
PRCode: 4UF = Driver's and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
PRCode: 4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
PRCode: 5D1 = Carrier frequency 433.92 MHz-434.42 Mhz
PRCode: 5MA = Decorative inserts
PRCode: 5RU = Right exterior mirror: convex (large viewing field)
PRCode: 5SL = Left exterior mirror: aspherical
PRCode: 6XE = Exterior mirrors: electrically foldable and electrically adjustable/heated
PRCode: 7K1 = Tire pressure warning light
PRCode: 7MM = Emission standard EU6 plus
PRCode: 7Q0 = Without navigation device
PRCode: 7X2 = Park distance control front and rear
PRCode: 8IH = Gas discharge headlamp (D5/D7 system)
PRCode: 8Q2 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment static
PRCode: 8Z4 = Moderate hot country
PRCode: 9G2 = Alternator 100-150 A
PRCode: 9S7 = Multi-function display/trip computer Basic without energy efficiency display
PRCode: C4M = Alloy wheels 7J x 16
PRCode: E0A = No special edition
PRCode: F0A = No special purpose vehicle standard equipment
PRCode: J0H = Battery 340A (58 Ah)
PRCode: Q1A = Standard front seats
PRCode: QI4 = Without service indicator
PRCode: QZ7 = Power steering
PRCode: U5A = Instrument insert km/h speedometer
DG6 = 4-cylinder SI engine 1.4 l/110 kW TSI base engine is TL9/TL1/TK8/TW8/TL8/T28
TW8 = 4-cylinder SI engine 1.4 l unit 04E.J
4I7 = Central locking system "Keyless-Go" without SAFELOCK

Yes, VCDS can be more fun with the new B9's as the cheaper genuine cables are VIN limited, for example I bought the 10 VIN version and then upgraded it to the unlimited so it holds its value better.

The part number will have to match exactly, I would be careful on taking advice on it unless you are sure as there are a lot of variations. If you gett he PR Code list for your car and then let me know the part code I can always check in ETKA
hi again, could you please check? pr codes are posted above.