A4 B9 Virtual Cockpit retrofitting

Niko Muller

Reaction score
Hello guys
I'm new here andI've been looking into how to retrofit a Virtual Cockpit to an Audi A4 B9. All the threads are mostly for Audi A3 PFL/FL which I don't thinks that it helps me a lot.
I know that I might need a few thinga to buy but I am willing to.
If I ask nicely maybe @DJAlix , or someone else if he doesn't have the time.
So, my car comes with Navigation Plus, Google Earth View maps, bigger screen and all of that, the sterring wheel has the View/Back buttons so I think it might be compatible with the Virtual Cockpit??
And now, how do I know what part number to look for? I understand that VC can be associate it with the option list for the car, meaning that there are a lot of different VC for A4.
And what about the mileage? My car has 139.000km, can that be displayed in VC? Or it goes from 0? I know a website with second hand stuff from Poland (i can leave a link if you want) selling part really really really cheap. For ex. a VC for A4 goes from 120€ to 500€ 2nd and 1st hand too.
I can even go to take it personally (because delivery will be as expensive as the product).
I wait for you answer guys! Thank you

Attachments

• 20191013_103221.jpg
    20191013_103221.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 968
Any cockpit for A4,A5, Q5 and Q7 will work as long as its not from a hybrid vehicle. The last one I retrofitted was from an SQ5 and in to an A4. Need the View button on steering wheel. Milage cannot be changed on used units.You have the correct / needed MMI.

Reactions: cuke2u and Niko Muller
Any cockpit for A4,A5, Q5 and Q7 will work as long as its not from a hybrid vehicle. The last one I retrofitted was from an SQ5 and in to an A4. Need the View button on steering wheel. Milage cannot be changed on used units.You have the correct / needed MMI.
Thank you, so..
Ok, so that means no extra cables behind the VC needed? Just plug&play?
Does any of the trim needs a fitting/cutting?

Thank you, so..
Ok, so that means no extra cables behind the VC needed? Just plug&play?
Does any of the trim needs a fitting/cutting?
Not plug and play. Additional items are needed, apologies but I am not going to 100% detail a process which I complete professionally.

No cutting / trimming needed, this is only for the A3 platform.

Reactions: Niko Muller
Ok. Thank you for the information.
I would appeal on your services but you live in UK, right?
Maybe with the coding and everything you will be able to help me (paying of course) but like remotely?