A4 Cabriolet beeping from rear

aa120n

Reaction score
once a week, my a4 cab 2.5 tdi starts beeping from the rear of the car, ive searched high and low for where its coming from but i cant find it. :wacko: I've read that it could be the alarm siren that needs replacing, but i can't find it anywhere, can anyone please shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Backup rechargeable batteries in the Alarm are drained & dead and Audi can only replace the whole unit at ~£100 parts + Labour. A similar thread says £250 at Audi.
>>Similar Thread Here<< and >>DIY Battery Repair Here<<

Not familiar where the Siren Unit is on the Cabriolet so you may need an extra pointer on that.

If its your alarm siren. A replacement is approximately £80 from a main dealer, I recently purchased one for my TT. Its really easy to fit wouldn't bother getting Audi to fit.

once a week, my a4 cab 2.5 tdi starts beeping from the rear of the car, ive searched high and low for where its coming from but i cant find it. :wacko: I've read that it could be the alarm siren that needs replacing, but i can't find it anywhere, can anyone please shed some light on this for me?

Hi there mate, if its where the alarm is in the avant its quite a bitch to do (be very careful not to break the fragile panels as they do take some force to remove them) and if the batteries have leaked like mine did they fried the cicuit board and the quick fix as posted on here was no good for me so i had to go to audi for mine

Hope this helps

Hi,

Have replaced mine, its really easy to do yourself, the siren is in the hood well on the drivers side behind the trim, all you do is open the hood partway until the lid and hood frame are out the way, unclip the trim one bolt change siren and its done.

Dan

Reactions: A4cab-Izzy
Hi,

Have replaced mine, its really easy to do yourself, the siren is in the hood well on the drivers side behind the trim, all you do is open the hood partway until the lid and hood frame are out the way, unclip the trim one bolt change siren and its done.

Soooo lucky i hate taking trim out it never goes back the same with me.... Avants who'd av em

jolly

Hi,

Dan

Thanks dans3.0 I spent the first part of the morning rooting around in the boot until I found your post. Sadly my batteries leaked and the siren's circuit board is fried! :(

I have a similar problem except my siren does not emit any niose at all.
I am so glad you told me where the siren is though ...... i have been searching under wheel arches and in boot all afternoon. LOL
As its now peeing it down i will sort it 2moro now.
Did you replace the circuit board, if so how many pennies was it.
Thanks guys.

Hi. Decided to re-open this old thread as it seems most appropriate to my problem.
It's a 2003 1.8T Cab and the alarm siren now goes off quite regularly when the car is locked. It keeps going when the car is unlocked and even for the first bit of driving. It sounds for about 30 seconds (seems like a lot longer) then off for 10 seconds then starts again.
Stops after a few minutes driving. Could the weak main car battery be causing the siren battery to discharge or struggle to maintain a charge ?
Can the siren battery be replaced or is it a whole new siren unit ? Does anyone have a part number for siren unit or battery and as an aside, what is the best capacity main car battery that will fit into an A4 Cab ?
Thanks
David