A4 cabriolet rear window

cookiesvw

Reaction score
My drivers side rear window has decided its not going to go all the way down. Can anyone help. ?

Edit: Sorry it's the rear one! I had similar issue sometimes it will just not react. But restart the car then use the "all-windows" switch and readjust it and back to normal.

What happens when you press the button? Any noises? Depends if the line snapped or the window switch is not getting any voltage. Check for errors with VCDS sometimes it can flag something.

Look on my build thread. There is a link to a window repair kit.

438511188_o.jpg

I can operate the rear window but it stops 3/4 of the way down leaving 1/4 of window sticking out.

It sounds like it skipped some of the closing/opening cycle and has to be readjusted.

Do you know how to do this. Will disconnecting the battery for ten mins then putting back on reset the system.

I thought you just got the window to the top and keep holding the switch up for 10 seconds.

Resets the motor or so I'm told.

Worth a try though anyway.

I think it's drop it all the way down and hold for 30 seconds then all the way up and hold for 30 seconds.

Vcd ?? Not sure if this was aimed at my window. It's been sooo cold I've not tried disconnecting my battery but not sure this is gonna work.

It should pick up a fault code usually if you could get the DTCs out with VCDS.

VCDS is a diagnostic software and interface. DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code.
Battery disconnect technique here probably won't help. Make sure you got your radio code before you do that.

Like vag com?

O yes need to look for radio code just incase. Blooming cars

My rear right windows plays up sometimes and VCDS picked it up. Below I pasted my DTC. Try to scan yours.

Yes you can say Vag-Com and VCDS are pretty much the same although VCDS is the latest product.

Code:
[COLOR=#333333][I]00935 - Electric Window Motor; Rear Right (V27) [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]62-10 - No or Incorrect Adjustment - Intermittent[/I][/COLOR]

Had it on vcds and both rear windows were out of sync. All reset and working fine.

So much better they go all the way down lol.

And the suns out today so won't look silly with one window sticking up a bit.