A4 cabriolet roof and central locking problems

Orme68

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum and seeking some advice please. I have a 02 2.6 a4 cabriolet and the problems I'm having are:-

Roof will not go down. I've tried resetting this by opening and closing manually but this does not cure the problem. When I press the open switch the windows go half way down then stops, however if I open the roof manually and slightly push the roof up away from the frame and press the switch the roof will go down as it should, but then stays open until I close manually.

The central locking will not operate correctly if I press open/ close this will only open the passenger door and boot. I have to manually open the drivers side with the key. I've tried resetting using both keys, one in the ignition and the other in the door but this fails. The internal locking switch only clicks when pressed and does not lock or open.

This weekend I opened the car with the key and the passenger rear window went down and stays down. I've tried to close the window by turning the key ant clockwise but nothing happens.

The car was serviced last October and no fault codes were flagged up.

All was working fine when I purchased the car. The last time the roof and central locking worked fine was last summer. The roof was down when the sky decided to open with a quick downpour. Since then I've had these problems.

Any advice appreciated, is this a garage job? Sorry for the long message but I'm at a loss.
Thanks

Check for any dampness in the passenger footwell, also any water retention around the battery area under bonnet as it has bungs that retain water & it overflows into the car under the carpet & gets to the conv module.

Given the weather, could be related if locking is affected outside of the roof issue.

Reactions: pauldazzle
Check for any dampness in the passenger footwell, also any water retention around the battery area under bonnet as it has bungs that retain water & it overflows into the car under the carpet & gets to the conv module.

Given the weather, could be related if locking is affected outside of the roof issue.

Hi
Thanks for that
I've just checked for any dampness in the footwell, all is bone dry and there is no water around the battery. Is the conv module housed in the black casing underneath the carpet?

I've managed to get the passenger rear window up by turning the key anti clockwise, but for some reason when I fire the car up it goes down again!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,
another source of information is 'Vag pro' on here. He is super knowledgeable with our B6/B7 cabrio hoods. (he fixes them)

I have an audi service receipt in my collection that states
"3rd party bluetooth module removed as causing battery drain and stopping roof coming back up".

a vagcom scan would be a good start to state if anything is wrong or not working.