A4 cabriolet window issue

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
my B6 A4 cabs o/s/r window works fine until it wants to go fully down its leaving about 3-4inch off the window showing, is this common or do i need to see if my youngest has shoved something down the window as thats the side he sits on lol

I think that's normal.. So that when u have kids in the back they don't have the opportunity to lean outside the car..

Sent from my LENNY using Tapatalk

This is its most down position

Yeah not normal. Mine go all the way down. When I pulled the door card off you can't see the window either, so not sure how you would even get to it.

Windows go flat though, in the cab anyways

This is a bad pic of mine. All windows all the way down.

IMG 20160418 223552

Yeah i only noticed it the other day and it was working fine previously to this and all all ways used to go down the pic below was only the other week as you can see all are down. I did search and some said its the motors lost it memory and you need to reset the anti-pinch which i have tried with no success just really annoying when the roofs down and all windows are and thats still up that little bit.

I was thinking the pinch might needed resetting, but not too sure. Maybe see if a vag-com scan does anything. Might tell you something.

Yeah i reset the pinch with no joy, not got VCDS yet my vagcom stopped working and thats only for k-line cars anyway not can.

Might try just removing the channel seals see if anything looks a miss

Hopefully this is a small issue but think its either the above OR something stuck down the window gap between glass and trim perhaps.

I think doing the above should reveal all.

Reactions: Bradderz_1988