A4 Cabriolet -window regulator cable snapped! Help needed

golf kid

Reaction score
The electric window regulator cable has snapped on the front left. I phoned Audi and they said they will only provide the entire mechanism for £120+vat. Which is a little expensive as I was hoping to get a repair kit similar to that VW do.
Does anyone know if a repair kit is available? I have seen some online but all are for 4 doors. Is the cable the same as the 4 door?

I would be hugely grateful for any advice as don't want to fork out that. My dad works for VW so fitting/difficulty isn't an issue.

I believe part code for LHS front regulator without motor is 8H0 837 461 A , I dont thnink you can buy the cable separatly.

Have a look in EBay, i have seen cab regulators qute often.

My drivers side regulator on my A4 cab snapped last week. According to Audi it isn't known for them to snap on the cabs (yeah right), and the regulator is different to a normal saloon. Anyhow I ended up paying £265 to have it done at Audi. Turn around of 2 days, expensive but did get 2 years guarantee and the car washed and hoovered :)
Would have done it myself but sourcing the right part and time was against me. Plus the fact I didn't fancy pulling the door apart :ermm:

Last edited:
I have the parts guy doing research on alternatives to the full unit. So will update you, if I find a cheaper way to do it. Consider buy a 4door repair kit to see if it fits before forking out. Cheers for the replies though.

I bought the 4 door repair kit and it didnt fit, but worth a try for £15. (So PM me if anyone wants one for the left hand side). I have bought the whole unit from Audi so having it fitted tomorrow morning now.

Pictures showing wire replacement. Tricky job but well worth it . The hardest screws to find were in at the door hinge behind the rubber seal as can be seen in the pic showing the allen key sticking out. 690688686685684683682681680689

this job had its ups and downs trying to adjust it but got it spot on in the end. The mechanism cost roughly £120 consider this if you get a quote from a garage. cheers