A4 Dynamik Owners Thread

riggssuzuki

I will be sad to see it go. I love the looks, the performance, the mpg everything. I now need a big mile cruncher as I will be doing a lot of miles for work soon. I couldn't do that to her, it just wouldn't be fair!!!!! Plus I need BIG mpg!!! I was getting 40 mpg on my own taking it easy ish which is good but I need somewhere nearer 60 to justify the travel. Just hope she goes to a good home and doesn't take ages to sell.

keenu

I will be sad to see it go. I love the looks, the performance, the mpg everything. I now need a big mile cruncher as I will be doing a lot of miles for work soon. I couldn't do that to her, it just wouldn't be fair!!!!! Plus I need BIG mpg!!! I was getting 40 mpg on my own taking it easy ish which is good but I need somewhere nearer 60 to justify the travel. Just hope she goes to a good home and doesn't take ages to sell.

Looks like a Diesel is your best bet then! I like the look of the white Dynamik and I am sure there would be plenty of interest being a special addition so it will sell quickly.

BigW

Just had the Dynamik into Audi for warranty on the flaky paint around the leading edges of the front arches, pics and paint thickness?!? (0) taken and sent off for assessment, they recon it could be up to 8 weeks before I hear back.

Anyone had this done? Do they fit the protective film once painted?

keaney

Hi Guys,

I've only just got a dynamik yesterday, I had to drive it from Cardiff back to Manchester so had loads of time to play with the MMI, which I know my way around now quite well. The only thing that is bugging me is how do I get my phone to play audio(as in music and spotify) through the car using my Bluetooth phone connection (making phone calls is fine)?

I've read a few things on line and I've seen I have to enable the "play Bluetooth audio" however my system doesn't have that option? Not sure if its the spec of MMI I have or am I missing something?

Has anyone else got this working on the Dynamik?

T0m

Hey fella unfortunatly you will not be able to squirt your music via bluetooth stupid audi dont let you in the B8 you will have to either buy the cable for the glove box or a bluetooth dongle for your glovebox.

keaney

Hi Tom, yeah I've been doing some research and asking more questions on here. I've bought cheap Bluetooth receiver to plug into the 30 pin ipod MMI cable, so hope that works.. I've managed to format a USB dongle for now to get some music on at least, even that was a nightmare as it will only take FAT format..

Ross12345

Hi guys, just bought a dynamik couple days ago i was wondering do any of you know how i play misic from my iphone 6 onto the audio, my bluetooth is connected but it only allows me to use handsfree and the aux only charges it.. Although i did notice the sd card slots.. Does thos have something to do with it

keaney

I think it depends what type of MMI lead you have, they did two types of Iphone leads, blue/red boot. If you only have the USB one that will just charge it. I'm new here as well so I'm sure someone will be along to tell you exactly what you need.

Audi Dynamik

Veryyyy nice !

T0m

Sold mine the weekend :-( wasnt good driving behind it down the road with the new owners in it but they'll enjoy it! Onwards and upwards for me.....just got to buy a new car now!

keenu

Sold mine the weekend :-( wasnt good driving behind it down the road with the new owners in it but they'll enjoy it! Onwards and upwards for me.....just got to buy a new car now!

That's a shame. What car you thinking of getting?

Adam_leese

Hi people thought I'd introduce my self on this section of forum all new the audi scene and very impressed with my new dynamik just looking for some information and guidance when bedded and too get too know a few of you other owners out there really will post some photos of mine very soon

Miss Cat

me luvvesss the black dynamik...well second to my white one of course hehe!! have fun Adam =)

post some photos when u can!

Miss Cat xxx

Adam_leese

Thanks, I nearly had too buy a white one but the higher mileage and the price didn't do it for me had done nearly 20k more

Had a problem with mine today the mmi froze and audi wouldn't go off or the sat nav loading screen, any one ever come across this?

Nipod

Thanks, I nearly had too buy a white one but the higher mileage and the price didn't do it for me had done nearly 20k more

Had a problem with mine today the mmi froze and audi wouldn't go off or the sat nav loading screen, any one ever come across this?
Hi, I had the exact same issue a few times with my MMI soon after I got my Dynamik. I complained to the Audi garage I bought it from, and they upgraded the MMI software to BNav_EU_K0206_2_D1. That was back in 2012. I haven't had a single issue since.

Adam_leese

Ok thanks for reply ill keep an eye out if it does it again and maybe look and popping in too audi at Nottingham, I've herd across the board the mmi is suppose too be abit temprimental

Also does anyone know how too find out what mode it is in Im sure I've read on here that some people have had there's dyno'd and coming back with really good standard out puts looking too get mine re mapped once the fun wears off still getting use too a new car normally an old school car buyer will be greatful for any advise on re mapping and best mods too do

Thanks all adam

Audi Dynamik

Anybody on here having problems with oil consumption on the TFSI Dynamik ?

keenu

Adam_leese

Anybody on here having problems with oil consumption on the TFSI Dynamik ?

Mines been in twice now for stage one and stage two test only had car a month and audi are saying it has failed badly on the consumption and parts are on order too fix the problem looking like a full engine rebuild :(

keenu

Had my dynamik mapped yesterday. Much better. 284bhp and 465nm tq

Thinking about getting mine remapped in a few months. Did you use the Revo map? Is yours S-tronic or manual?

BigW

Some new anchors on the Dynamik today.

2ds4eok.jpg
Got both wings changed under warranty this week, just in the bottom left corner you can see the paint has worn away with stone chips, the replacement arch liner incorporates protection of that lip.

Good job done by Audi Glasgow repair shop, albeit like pulling teeth getting through the bureaucracy between Stirling Audi, head office and them

BigW

I've noticed mine are starting to show signs of corrosion, so will Audi replace them free of charge?
They did for me, but it was still under 3 years old, but the addition of the protection lugs suggest it's a known problem.

keaney

OK cheers mate. I think I've read somewhere Audi have a 7 year paint corrosion warranty, so it might come under that.

keaney

Has anyone had a wheel refurb? Mine have been done pretty badly so would like them re-doing. They look a pain to do as the blades are diamond cut, and the refurb the last owner did has just spray painted the blades silver.

So just asking if anyone has gone down the proper route and had them diamond cut again? I have been thinking about changing them slightly something like gloss black with anthracite colour for the blades.. Anyone done anything different to their wheels, gone all one colour maybe?

Just looking for inspiration.

keenu

Has anyone had a wheel refurb? Mine have been done pretty badly so would like them re-doing. They look a pain to do as the blades are diamond cut, and the refurb the last owner did has just spray painted the blades silver.

So just asking if anyone has gone down the proper route and had them diamond cut again? I have been thinking about changing them slightly something like gloss black with anthracite colour for the blades.. Anyone done anything different to their wheels, gone all one colour maybe?

Just looking for inspiration.

Yes I used Lepsons (http://www.lepsons.com/) who are very good. They did a great job on my wheel and you cannot tell the difference from the originals. You can change the colour if you wish, i just stuck to the gloss black and diamond cut blades though.

keaney

How much did they charge you for that finish, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been quoted £220 (all 4 wheels) for a full strip down and powder coat but just as a single colour, not sure I'm feeling that style.

keenu

It was around £125 for one wheel. It takes around 3-5 days to do so you have to leave the car with them. Not cheap but there the best in the business from what people say. £220 for 4 wheels sounds cheap, where you getting yours done?

MJH89

Hi all. Toying with getting a dynamik. Have read through all the posts so far and am a bit weary about the oil consumption and also the front wing corrosion. Is there anything I can do about preventing either of these problems from occurring if I was to buy one? Also I would.... A. Want to look at spraying it sprint blue. And B. Spray the alloys completely gloss black, as not feeling the dynamik alloy style I'm afraid. Would people view either as sacralidge?

MJH89

..... Or! Would I be better off just getting an s4 in sprint blue? The only thing putting me off the s4 is it just isn't quite sporty looking enough for me. Is it possible to get add Ons/trims that actually fit the s4 to spruce it up a bit!? Maybe better on a different post for this question

Adam_leese

Hi there mjh89, don't be too put off by the oil consumption problem I've only had mine a few months now and was worried about this to mine went straight into Nottingham Audi two weeks later the second test was carried out it failed Badley :( but they ordered all parts that where at fault supplied me with as much oil as I needed until parts arrived and it then went in about three weeks later for around four days and came out good as new with a two year warranty on all parts changed and drives like a new car :) no cost what so ever to my self a curtesy car was gave to me for as long as I needed too.