A4 Dynamik Owners Thread

I believe they modified a breather pipe.
If your car is still under warranty I would get it booked in for the oil consumption test asap.
As long as the test is started before your warranty expires any work required should be covered.
Always better to err on the side of caution with these things

That sounds about right...I think it is worth having !!

That sounds about right...I think it is worth having !!

I think so. if you are spending all that money on a car you might as well get the best warranty too. Plus having an S tronic, i know repairs will not be cheap if something happened to the gearbox!

I struggled with a previous car that had a non manufacturer warranty.
I wanted it to be fixed by a main dealer and the warranty company refused because they said the labour rate was too high.
They wouldn't even entertain me paying the difference between their dealer and the main dealer.
I couldn't see why they wouldn't do this but they just wouldn't.

Mine uses about 1/2 litre per 700 miles.
I had an issue with mine and took it to Audi to be checked.
They performed an oil consumption test which means they filled it up and then told me to come back after 650 miles.
When I came back they rechecked the oil level and measured the exact amount used.
They then did some modifications to it and it has been fine ever since.
My 3 year warranty expired recently so I extended my warranty with Audi just in case if happens again.
Is your car still in warranty with Audi?

Was your car still under warranty when they did the oil consumption test?

After 900 miles...my oil level is sitting half now.... :sorry: - not sure if this is normal or not....

Was your car still under warranty when they did the oil consumption test?

After 900 miles...my oil level is sitting half now.... :sorry: - not sure if this is normal or not....

Regarding the Oil level that sounds about right, mine is nearly at half with 400 miles! Do you do a lot of motorway miles?

That sounds about right to me too.
I find that it doesn't take a lot of oil to go from half to full on my car..
I am guessing at about 150-200ml.
I would much rather a proper dipstick.
I find the whole MMI thing a right pain....
and yes it was under warranty for the oil consumption test.....

Have you tried the Launch Control on the Dynamik yet?

I didn't know you could do that ???

Last edited:
I didn't know you could do that ???

Its in the manual but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Might give it a go on the weekend.

Turn Traction off
Select Sport gear
Foot on the brake pedal
Foot on the accelerator
Within 5 seconds take your foot off the brake

I had a BMW M3 with launch control many years ago....I was told back then that using it would result in very heavy wear to the gearbox.
I was also told by the dealer that the car would keep a record of the number of times this had been used and may invalidate the warranty !!!
Think I'll give that a miss thanks ...I am not that brave....don't fancy blowing up my gearbox !!!!!!

Last edited:
It's strange they say it will invalidate the warranty when it actually tells you how to do it the owners manual! I wouldn't know about it otherwise.

I was also told by the dealer that the car would keep a record of the number of times this had been used and may invalidate the warranty !!!

Launch Control does put strain on your gearbox yes but i highly doubt that the car would keep a record of how many times you do it. The dealer is just saying that because they dont want you to take your car back with a messed up gearbox which would have to be repaired under warranty.

Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the car tyre pressure sticker? The one I have doesn't seem to be the correct one. Thanks.

I would be very interested in getting the correct sticker too.
My car has the "Se" sticker which doesn't list any 19' wheel sizes.

I went to Audi and asked them to replace the sticker with a A4 S-line one.

Does your replacement sticker have the right pressures?
Does it have a part number on it?

Defo get tints changes the look of the car mine are limo on the back and 30% light coming through the fronts looks brutal.

Recipe for disaster IMO, only 30% of transmitted light means it must be VERY difficult to see through them at night, add in some rain and it will be worse still. It's very likely that one miserable winter evening you won't see that approaching motorcycle as you pull out of a junction, you'll only realise he was there when his bike is buried in your car door. He was just an ordinary bloke commuting home like you, but because of YOUR almost blacked out windows he's DEAD, his children have lost their Dad & if the judge who heads up your dangerous driving trial has any sense you will be sharing the showers with other men for a while. I'm sorry but I didn't see him won't be much of a defence.
Vanity can have a very high price.
As for the plod not doing anything, Manchester city centre plod are beat coppers and specials, most wouldn't know one end of a car from the other, a proper traffic copper would have you peeling them off at the road side.

Reactions: shineydave
Spotted today on the A34 North bound White A4 Dynamik Saloon 11 reg at 11:30 AM
Anybody ?

Defo get tints changes the look of the car mine are limo on the back and 30% light coming through the fronts looks brutal.

30% on the front? you do realise that's completely illegal, right?

Recipe for disaster IMO, only 30% of transmitted light means it must be VERY difficult to see through them at night, add in some rain and it will be worse still. It's very likely that one miserable winter evening you won't see that approaching motorcycle as you pull out of a junction, you'll only realise he was there when his bike is buried in your car door. He was just an ordinary bloke commuting home like you, but because of YOUR almost blacked out windows he's DEAD, his children have lost their Dad & if the judge who heads up your dangerous driving trial has any sense you will be sharing the showers with other men for a while. I'm sorry but I didn't see him won't be much of a defence.
Vanity can have a very high price.
As for the plod not doing anything, Manchester city centre plod are beat coppers and specials, most wouldn't know one end of a car from the other, a proper traffic copper would have you peeling them off at the road side.

I think you will find you are wrong there. Most coppers do in fact know the front from the rear and illegal versus legal (special or regular cop). To have the tints removed it has to be proven that they are illegal and hence require the use of the lightmeter. As beat cops dont carry such things the most they can do is make you wait until the traffic guys come round, however being as they are busy with 'other stuff' daft dark tints are just one other minor area they are not interested in. However have a crash and watch that issue change rapidly! No insurance pay out either.

Reactions: voorhees
Ive seen the police on Road Wars make people peel off their dark tints on the front there and then at the roadside or they will take the car off them.
Anyway, please can we keep this thread related to the Dynamik's as this will end up in a heated debate.
Thanks

I have a slight scuff on the sliver part on the alloy. Does anybody what paint to use to get it touched up? Thanks.

oooo that's a killer :keule:
It will cost a fortune to repair that diamond cut but as you said touch it up, that's the cheaper and an effective method.
Not sure which paint i hope somebody answers soon for you.

On friday i used the Dynamik to go to work in, as i was loading the car i noticed a 5cm scuff on the black paint as if it has fell down a pot hole and kerbed it slightly. I was annoyed at this point because the wheels have never been scratched before on the dynamik and never been refurbed and as soon as the wife uses it there is a scuff on the wheel !
Then i noticed a great big screw stuck right threw the same tyre hissing away :ohmy:

I know, I didn't even know how it happened until I randomly walked around the car and saw it. I didn't hear anything while parking etc.

Ouch, well at least it is not silver bit. I think you can get some black gloss paint to touch that up. My tyre also has a minor cut to it, going to check the pressure before I drive it make sure it is ok.

Yes i used some black touch up paint which i had for a previous black bmw. I have gone over it a few times its near enough invisible.

Hey guys, just thought Id drop by say hi! I went into Audi in Tamworth to buy some oil and filter for by B6 and ended up walking out with one of these in red, cant wait to get it in the week and play with it!
Ive been hanging around in the B6 section since I got my Audi years ago and now its time to switch to the B8 scene!!!

IMG 5018

Reactions: Brishy05, Gaz170 and keenu
Spotted a Dynamik yesterday. It was an Ibis White Dynamik Avant, lady driver Registration begins with 333
Spotted at 11:18 AM in Rochdale.

Hey fella, picked her up tonight didn't get much chance to play but I know I am going to love her!!!

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
Thats great ! When you have chance upload some photographs and add to the collection :)

Welcome mate!

1 - I dont know how you do it
2 - You just have to see how much oil you use over about 1200 miles (Audi say 1ltr is normal) if your motor is using a considerable about of oil within 600 miles I would be worried.
3 - They are about £18 from audi part number 06J 115 611E
4 - Again not sure

Last edited:
Hello & Welcome :)
I was thinking yesterday how quiet this thread has been recently.
1. I dont know

I dont know what you mean is the service history kept on the key ?
You get a service book which is stamped when it is serviced.

So i bought the Dynamik in May 2011 brand new. I used the car for 3 years and i passed it onto my wife. Today we have just thrown the Dynamik in part exchange for a new Bmw X5 (No hate please :tongue new:)
It will be advertised within the next couple of weeks i should imagine so if anybody sees it for sale (Red, Saloon, Manual, in the Preston/Lancashire area) and wants to contact the previous owner just drop me a PM.
Even though i have sold both of my Audi's now and i have Bmw's instead i will still stay on this forum. I love this forum and the members to bits no way near as good as the Bmw forums.
I will miss the Dynamik :frown new:

So i bought the Dynamik in May 2011 brand new. I used the car for 3 years and i passed it onto my wife. Today we have just thrown the Dynamik in part exchange for a new Bmw X5 (No hate please :tongue new:)
It will be advertised within the next couple of weeks i should imagine so if anybody sees it for sale (Red, Saloon, Manual, in the Preston/Lancashire area) and wants to contact the previous owner just drop me a PM.
Even though i have sold both of my Audi's now and i have Bmw's instead i will still stay on this forum. I love this forum and the members to bits no way near as good as the Bmw forums.
I will miss the Dynamik :frown new:

Shame your getting rid of the Dynamik! I am still loving mine at the moment. I have already decided on my next car though - S3 Saloon! Not going to get it until a few more years down the line though.