A4 Dynamik Owners Thread

Yes i will miss it to be honest. I like the S3 Saloon very nice.

How about giving you Dynamik a new lease of life? I bought my A4 Avant Dynamik back in 2011 and it has been a great car, but I started to hanker after a bit more power and I find the standard setup runs out of puff at the higher end of the rev range. The Dynamik has always felt a bit of a lamb in wolfs clothing, so I wanted to give it some teeth. I got my toes wet in the tuning market by purchasing a RaceChip Tuning Ultimate unit http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/audi/a4/b8/2-0-tfsi-155kw/index.php which beefs up the low and midrange by over 20%, but the standard “K03” turbo just can’t deliver at the top end. So I decided that more drastic action was going to be required to unleash more of the fantastic potential of the 2.0 TFSI valvelift engine and started to look at turbocharger upgrades. I have listed all of the part numbers used in my conversion at the bottom of the post.

My tuning ethos was to try and use standard Audi stuff if possible and to keep the car as stock looking as possible, although when you start messing about with upgrading turbo’s there are quite a few things that you also have to change to release the power. At this point I must thank the guys at JBS Auto Designs for their help and guidance. They told me that apart from the turbo (of which there are a few choices) I would need; a sports catalyst and full exhaust system, a decent replacement intercooler (FMIC) and a stage 3+ remap. I looked at the APR tuning K04 conversion but figured out for slightly less money I could get the LOBA LO380L turbo, which is a drop in replacement fettled Borg Warner K04 and a Custom-Code stage 3+ remap which had the promise of a little more horse power and torque than the standard K04 used by APR. With the valvelift engine there is no requirement to change the high pressure fuel pump and injectors, although the injectors are probably the limiting factor for achieving maximum power with the LOBA turbo. For the exhaust, as there was a possibility to buy a top quality British system, I went for a complete Miltek turbo back setup.
I figured I’d also need some big brakes to stop this beast, so as Audi RS4 B8 brakes (“wave rotors”) are a direct fit, and a complete set maintains the front rear brake bias, I bought some from a nice Hungarian guy on eBay. Most Audi RS upgrades I’ve seen sold on eBay are based on RS5 components. This is fine on the front of the A4 but the rear disks are different and won’t fit correctly due to a different offset. Hub shims underneath can fix this but it will push the rear wheels out by approximately 5mm. I opted to pay a little more for the correct RS4 rear disks which are a drop in replacement. Another advantage of the RS4 B8 OEM brake setup is that you can maintain the electro mechanical handbrake without modification, which I was keen to do.
However, you do require wheels that will fit over the big front callipers; beware that most standard A4 wheels will not, including the A4 Dynamic wheels. After much skulking around an Audi showroom with a tape measure, I figured out that the standard ET43 19x8.5J Audi 5 Segment alloys clear the callipers without spacers. This was ideal as I could just swap over my existing 255 35 R19 tyres.
29712-6edb04786fc1b0a5b5bae70ff1dcc85b.jpg

Now for the juicy bit, the power figures. This setup requires 98 RON fuel, my preferred choice for price, availability and consistency being Tesco Momentum 99 which was in the car for its tuning and dyno runs. JBS Auto Designs used their Custom-Code stage 3+ remap which is hand crafted to the cars particular setup. The dyno results curves below are at the wheels.
29711-75829fb60a7a922cfff371b3f1c83191.jpg

The engine now develops a max 343.3 BHP and a healthy 405.3 ft-lbs of torque. Driving at legal motorway speeds the car returns approx. 32mpg which is excellent, but is very quick when you start to push on and use the torque. Petrol consumption does go up pretty dramatically at that point J.
The exhaust is very civilised and in keeping with the relatively stealthy conversion. It is a slightly louder than stock and doesn’t suffer any interior cabin drone. There is none of the snap crackle and pop you get with a big V8 sports car which appeals to the boy racer in me, but would be tedious on a long journey.
In conclusion this is not a cheap conversion but it does exploit the capabilities of the A4 B8 2.0 TFSi platform without compromising comfort or making the car difficult to drive in any way. It’s just a no fuss go fast, stop quick, have fun family saloon setup. Yes, I could have bought an S4, but I would have still changed the brakes and my Dynamik is a reliable low mileage car which I had from new and intend to keep. A final thanks to JBS Auto Designs who did all of the work and were so helpful during the process.
For reference, after much deliberation, Googling and typing into spreadsheets, this is specification that I finally used. Here are all the part numbers which I hope will help anyone looking for a proven configuration.

LOBA LO380L Turbocharger
Custom-Code stage 3+ remap
Milltek Sport Exhaust Hi-Flow Sports Cat (SSXAU343)
Milltek Saloon & Avant Cat-back GT100 exhaust system (SSXAU302)
Wagner AUDI A4/A5 B8 2.0 TFSI competition intercooler kit (200001045)
Audi RS4/RS5 front discs 365x34mm (2 x 8T0615301 ), calipers (8T0615107C,8T0615108C), dust guards (8T0615311C, 8T0615312C), brake hoses (2 x 8T0611707B), front pads (8T0698151B)
Audi RS4 rear discs 330x22mm (8K0615601G), calipers with servo & carriers (8K0615403F, 8K0615404F, 8K0615425E, 8K0615426E) rear pads (4G0698451A)
Audi 5 Segment Alloys 19x8.5" ET43 (8K0601025AK1H7)

Attachments

• Audi-A4-CC-Stage3-hires.jpg
    Audi-A4-CC-Stage3-hires.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 688
  • DSCN2697.JPG
    DSCN2697.JPG
    702.6 KB · Views: 682
Reactions: mister.c.
Hi, I'm just after some help with some winter wheels for my dynamik. I've got some 255/35/19 winters arriving tomorrow and need some alloys (cant be bothered switching tyres and possibly getting the wheels damaged.). According to audi portal my wheel size is 8.5j x 19 et43. Most alloys I see are et 32 to 42, will these fit or will I have issues? Thanks.

ET32 is the offset used by the A5 which has a wider track. They will stick out beyond the arches of the A4 Dynamik. ET42 should be fine.

Cheers, with the offset being 43, should I be as close to 43 as possible? Whats my tolerance either side?

I would say that you need to be as close to et43 as possible. Every millimeter less than et43 pushes the wheels out by that amount. I'm not certain what the "legal" limit is but visually I would say 5mm is probably the maximum, so et38. Its unlikely you will find wheels with an offset more than 43. I don't know how far you could go before the front wheels would foul the arches on steering lock.

Hi Nipod, did you have to change your rear valance to accommodate the Milltek as the Dynamik is different to the S-line rear valance?
I've had a look on the milltek website and it states you need to change the rear valance to either the s4 or 3.2s-line depending on which option you go for.
Thanks

Hi, no I didn't have to change the valance. The confusingly named "dual outlet" exhaust, as opposed to dual tip is a perfect fit on my Dynamic Avant.
f3b922cb576700885b0da5a7403b8567.jpg

So i bought the Dynamik in May 2011 brand new. I used the car for 3 years and i passed it onto my wife. Today we have just thrown the Dynamik in part exchange for a new Bmw X5 (No hate please :tongue new:)
It will be advertised within the next couple of weeks i should imagine so if anybody sees it for sale (Red, Saloon, Manual, in the Preston/Lancashire area) and wants to contact the previous owner just drop me a PM.
Even though i have sold both of my Audi's now and i have Bmw's instead i will still stay on this forum. I love this forum and the members to bits no way near as good as the Bmw forums.
I will miss the Dynamik :frown new:
Thanks for the swift reply regarding the "wsp italy vittoria" alloys. Will get my kerbed alloy fixed, as you said they are copies. Good luck with the new cars. Your Dynamik is still in stunning condition.

Hi, no I didn't have to change the valance. The confusingly named "dual outlet" exhaust, as opposed to dual tip is a perfect fit on my Dynamic Avant.
f3b922cb576700885b0da5a7403b8567.jpg
Ahhh..the saloons have the dual tip on the left side of the valance. Wonder if the avant valance would fit the saloon to accommodate the milltek.

Ahhh..the saloons have the dual tip on the left side of the valance. Wonder if the avant valance would fit the saloon to accommodate the milltek.
A quick look at partsbase.org http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a4-s4-avant-quattro-a4q-eu-2011-80760-bumper/ and http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a4-s4-avant-quattro-a4q-eu-2011-80750-bumper/ shows that the bumper part number that the valance attaches to for the Avant and Saloon are the same. There may be other complications but my guess is that the Avant Dynamik valance would fit. Figuring out what the right part number is from partsbase is tricky, I suspect it is not listed. A call to your friendly Audi parts department might be in order. The A4 3.2 S-line valance would fit as Miltek state but is not the same design as the Dynamik Avant valance.

image.php-09.jpg

Reactions: Chets
Hi All, I posted in welcome but spotted this thread too, Just had my new Dynamik a week and loving it!

fzc4ly.jpg

Reactions: buzz6 and Audi Dynamik
A quick look at partsbase.org http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a4-s4-avant-quattro-a4q-eu-2011-80760-bumper/ and http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a4-s4-avant-quattro-a4q-eu-2011-80750-bumper/ shows that the bumper part number that the valance attaches to for the Avant and Saloon are the same. There may be other complications but my guess is that the Avant Dynamik valance would fit. Figuring out what the right part number is from partsbase is tricky, I suspect it is not listed. A call to your friendly Audi parts department might be in order. The A4 3.2 S-line valance would fit as Miltek state but is not the same design as the Dynamik Avant valance.

image.php-09.jpg
I found the definitive word on this topic over on Audi Enthusiasts http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_Exhaust.html

I noticed my drivers side skirt has come away from the body a little in the middle, I've seen a couple of references to this on the net in a search, has anyone experienced it and have you returned it under warranty?

Yep, i had it on mine, went back around 8 times until they finally decided that the skirt had a kink in it and they replaced it. They told me that my Dynamik was the best condition car they have ever had and then they changed their attitude and accused of driving through puddles fast !

Bye Dynamik! sorry been so busy lately only just come online again! it seems like a lot has changed! i love the x5 choice though =)

im still loving my little white thing hehe

I know the high oil consumption is a known issue with the 2.0 TFSi engines - but just wondering if anyone specifically with another Dynamik is having this problem?

Mine has been in to the dealer already this month for the second part of the consumption test - which it failed - and i'm now waiting to see if Audi used warranty covers it. The car has done 44K and is using a litre of oil every 525 miles! And it's not as if it's cheap oil either! I absolutely love the car and don't want to think about parting with it, but the outcome of this problem might force my hand. I know other folks have been quoted £4800 to repair the worn pistons which cause the oil problem :eek: so fingers crossed the warranty comes up with something pretty damn good!!!

I did get it remapped by Revo because it is really a sheep in wolf's clothing! Of course this causes the dealer to do that wonderful sharp intake of breath through the teeth whenever it's mentioned!

A litre every 500 miles seems way too much. I think mine gets to at least a 1000 miles before i need to fill it up. I need to start monitoring it more however and get some definite figures. Mine is not remapped though so not sure if that makes a difference.

Hi everyone. Picking up my black Dynamik saloon tomorrow. Very excited!
Sounds like I need to keep an eye on the oil from looking at these posts

Hey Dynamik Lady enjoy the motor dont let this issue worry you.....make sure you keep in with your local Audi Dealer and you shouldnt be too far from any troubles if it does become an issue....where you from?

Reactions: Dynamik Lady
Hiya, I'm from Stoke-on-Trent and have had it from an Audi dealership so will keep the warranty to hand!

Picked it up this afternoon and really pleased. Hopefully having a mini run out in her tomorrow to the Stafford Audi meet to show my face to a few members!

Reactions: T0m
Nice enjoy...youre not that far away either im in Lichfield!

If i can remember rightly the dynamik i had which i bought from new had a protective film all the way around that edge.

Hi everyone im a new dynamik owner, fantastic car due to the condition of the persious owner * winks at Audi dynamik member*
Has anyone had any issues with the rear spoiler coming off when closing the boot, iv notied at the sides there is a slight gap on each side,

Now this is a daft question but has anyone ever tryed a handbreak turn or does the auto handbreak system turn on straight away ?

Another question is there anyway or anyone knowing of anyone managing to change all the power into the back wheels for track racing, then turn it back to 4 x 4 after ?

Please forgive my grammer and spelling i recently got hit by a car and just got out of hospital and on alot of morphine.

thanks chris

Hi Chris,
Yes i did sent it back to Audi because the Spoiler came loose and they bonded it back on and it was properly stuck down. Before i let it go it was still bonded on and no gaps.
I presume that the couple of dealers which have had it before you got it have either pressure washed it which has made it come loose again or used some kind of acidic chemicals for cleaning it which has lifted the spoiler ?

I see there must be more Dynamik's than I think! Autoglass have replaced 5412 windscreens on them in the last 6 months alone! ;)

Need to get a chip fixed on mine! :(
Dynamik

My baby is for sale. July 2011 Audi A4 Dynamik Quattro. Ibis white. Anyone interested feel free to pm. 42329 miles, FASH, well cared for. Looking for around £17895.

My baby is for sale. July 2011 Audi A4 Dynamik Quattro. Ibis white. Anyone interested feel free to pm. 42329 miles, FASH, well cared for. Looking for around £17895.

Well you be sad to see the Dynamik go? What you getting instead?

I will be sad to see it go. I love the looks, the performance, the mpg everything. I now need a big mile cruncher as I will be doing a lot of miles for work soon. I couldn't do that to her, it just wouldn't be fair!!!!! Plus I need BIG mpg!!! I was getting 40 mpg on my own taking it easy ish which is good but I need somewhere nearer 60 to justify the travel. Just hope she goes to a good home and doesn't take ages to sell.

I will be sad to see it go. I love the looks, the performance, the mpg everything. I now need a big mile cruncher as I will be doing a lot of miles for work soon. I couldn't do that to her, it just wouldn't be fair!!!!! Plus I need BIG mpg!!! I was getting 40 mpg on my own taking it easy ish which is good but I need somewhere nearer 60 to justify the travel. Just hope she goes to a good home and doesn't take ages to sell.

Looks like a Diesel is your best bet then! I like the look of the white Dynamik and I am sure there would be plenty of interest being a special addition so it will sell quickly.

Just had the Dynamik into Audi for warranty on the flaky paint around the leading edges of the front arches, pics and paint thickness?!? (0) taken and sent off for assessment, they recon it could be up to 8 weeks before I hear back.

Anyone had this done? Do they fit the protective film once painted?

Hi Guys,

I've only just got a dynamik yesterday, I had to drive it from Cardiff back to Manchester so had loads of time to play with the MMI, which I know my way around now quite well. The only thing that is bugging me is how do I get my phone to play audio(as in music and spotify) through the car using my Bluetooth phone connection (making phone calls is fine)?

I've read a few things on line and I've seen I have to enable the "play Bluetooth audio" however my system doesn't have that option? Not sure if its the spec of MMI I have or am I missing something?

Has anyone else got this working on the Dynamik?