A4 Dynamik Owners Thread

Hey fella unfortunatly you will not be able to squirt your music via bluetooth stupid audi dont let you in the B8 you will have to either buy the cable for the glove box or a bluetooth dongle for your glovebox.

Hi Tom, yeah I've been doing some research and asking more questions on here. I've bought cheap Bluetooth receiver to plug into the 30 pin ipod MMI cable, so hope that works.. I've managed to format a USB dongle for now to get some music on at least, even that was a nightmare as it will only take FAT format..

Hi guys, just bought a dynamik couple days ago i was wondering do any of you know how i play misic from my iphone 6 onto the audio, my bluetooth is connected but it only allows me to use handsfree and the aux only charges it.. Although i did notice the sd card slots.. Does thos have something to do with it

I think it depends what type of MMI lead you have, they did two types of Iphone leads, blue/red boot. If you only have the USB one that will just charge it. I'm new here as well so I'm sure someone will be along to tell you exactly what you need.

Some new anchors on the Dynamik today.

2ds4eok.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly and Audi Dynamik
Sold mine the weekend :-( wasnt good driving behind it down the road with the new owners in it but they'll enjoy it! Onwards and upwards for me.....just got to buy a new car now!

Sold mine the weekend :-( wasnt good driving behind it down the road with the new owners in it but they'll enjoy it! Onwards and upwards for me.....just got to buy a new car now!

That's a shame. What car you thinking of getting?

Hi people thought I'd introduce my self on this section of forum all new the audi scene and very impressed with my new dynamik just looking for some information and guidance when bedded and too get too know a few of you other owners out there really will post some photos of mine very soon

me luvvesss the black dynamik...well second to my white one of course hehe!! have fun Adam =)

post some photos when u can!

Miss Cat xxx

Thanks, I nearly had too buy a white one but the higher mileage and the price didn't do it for me had done nearly 20k more

Had a problem with mine today the mmi froze and audi wouldn't go off or the sat nav loading screen, any one ever come across this?

Thanks, I nearly had too buy a white one but the higher mileage and the price didn't do it for me had done nearly 20k more

Had a problem with mine today the mmi froze and audi wouldn't go off or the sat nav loading screen, any one ever come across this?
Hi, I had the exact same issue a few times with my MMI soon after I got my Dynamik. I complained to the Audi garage I bought it from, and they upgraded the MMI software to BNav_EU_K0206_2_D1. That was back in 2012. I haven't had a single issue since.

Ok thanks for reply ill keep an eye out if it does it again and maybe look and popping in too audi at Nottingham, I've herd across the board the mmi is suppose too be abit temprimental

Also does anyone know how too find out what mode it is in Im sure I've read on here that some people have had there's dyno'd and coming back with really good standard out puts looking too get mine re mapped once the fun wears off still getting use too a new car normally an old school car buyer will be greatful for any advise on re mapping and best mods too do

Thanks all adam

Very nice! I think the Dynamik in black looks great.

Anybody on here having problems with oil consumption on the TFSI Dynamik ?

Anybody on here having problems with oil consumption on the TFSI Dynamik ?

Mines been in twice now for stage one and stage two test only had car a month and audi are saying it has failed badly on the consumption and parts are on order too fix the problem looking like a full engine rebuild :(

Had my dynamik mapped yesterday. Much better. 284bhp and 465nm tq

Had my dynamik mapped yesterday. Much better. 284bhp and 465nm tq

Thinking about getting mine remapped in a few months. Did you use the Revo map? Is yours S-tronic or manual?

Some new anchors on the Dynamik today.

2ds4eok.jpg
Got both wings changed under warranty this week, just in the bottom left corner you can see the paint has worn away with stone chips, the replacement arch liner incorporates protection of that lip.

Good job done by Audi Glasgow repair shop, albeit like pulling teeth getting through the bureaucracy between Stirling Audi, head office and them

I've noticed mine are starting to show signs of corrosion, so will Audi replace them free of charge?
They did for me, but it was still under 3 years old, but the addition of the protection lugs suggest it's a known problem.

Has anyone had a wheel refurb? Mine have been done pretty badly so would like them re-doing. They look a pain to do as the blades are diamond cut, and the refurb the last owner did has just spray painted the blades silver.

So just asking if anyone has gone down the proper route and had them diamond cut again? I have been thinking about changing them slightly something like gloss black with anthracite colour for the blades.. Anyone done anything different to their wheels, gone all one colour maybe?

Just looking for inspiration.

Has anyone had a wheel refurb? Mine have been done pretty badly so would like them re-doing. They look a pain to do as the blades are diamond cut, and the refurb the last owner did has just spray painted the blades silver.

So just asking if anyone has gone down the proper route and had them diamond cut again? I have been thinking about changing them slightly something like gloss black with anthracite colour for the blades.. Anyone done anything different to their wheels, gone all one colour maybe?

Just looking for inspiration.

Yes I used Lepsons (http://www.lepsons.com/) who are very good. They did a great job on my wheel and you cannot tell the difference from the originals. You can change the colour if you wish, i just stuck to the gloss black and diamond cut blades though.

How much did they charge you for that finish, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been quoted £220 (all 4 wheels) for a full strip down and powder coat but just as a single colour, not sure I'm feeling that style.

It was around £125 for one wheel. It takes around 3-5 days to do so you have to leave the car with them. Not cheap but there the best in the business from what people say. £220 for 4 wheels sounds cheap, where you getting yours done?

Hi all. Toying with getting a dynamik. Have read through all the posts so far and am a bit weary about the oil consumption and also the front wing corrosion. Is there anything I can do about preventing either of these problems from occurring if I was to buy one? Also I would.... A. Want to look at spraying it sprint blue. And B. Spray the alloys completely gloss black, as not feeling the dynamik alloy style I'm afraid. Would people view either as sacralidge?

..... Or! Would I be better off just getting an s4 in sprint blue? The only thing putting me off the s4 is it just isn't quite sporty looking enough for me. Is it possible to get add Ons/trims that actually fit the s4 to spruce it up a bit!? Maybe better on a different post for this question

Hi there mjh89, don't be too put off by the oil consumption problem I've only had mine a few months now and was worried about this to mine went straight into Nottingham Audi two weeks later the second test was carried out it failed Badley :( but they ordered all parts that where at fault supplied me with as much oil as I needed until parts arrived and it then went in about three weeks later for around four days and came out good as new with a two year warranty on all parts changed and drives like a new car :) no cost what so ever to my self a curtesy car was gave to me for as long as I needed too.

Hi there mjh89, don't be too put off by the oil consumption problem I've only had mine a few months now and was worried about this to mine went straight into Nottingham Audi two weeks later the second test was carried out it failed Badley :( but they ordered all parts that where at fault supplied me with as much oil as I needed until parts arrived and it then went in about three weeks later for around four days and came out good as new with a two year warranty on all parts changed and drives like a new car :) no cost what so ever to my self a curtesy car was gave to me for as long as I needed too.

I would be buying mine from an independent dealer.... Which is a 3 month warranty. So are you suggesting whilst under this warranty, take it to Audi and have them check it to see if it has this problem just in Case? Have you taken any precautionary measures to protect your front wings from the corrosion problem?

I would be buying mine from an independent dealer.... Which is a 3 month warranty. So are you suggesting whilst under this warranty, take it to Audi and have them check it to see if it has this problem just in Case? Have you taken any precautionary measures to protect your front wings from the corrosion problem?

Well you need too make sure that it has full audi service history and all inspections have been done by Audi they said mine couldn't be done at first because one of the interval inspections where missing from history but I argued the point that's car was owned by Leeds audi from new then Bradford audi both dealers had it as a demonstration car for when the dynamik got released in 2011, then myself as new owner so they had too honner the new rebuild and extended warranty at the time they searched audi uk group and there wasn't another in the country on audi's four courts for them too replace mine with I can't fault the service at all just too let you know I'm not 110% curtain but mine may be comeing up for sale very soon :)

Hi Guys, just put pen to paper on a Dynamik today from an independent dealer. Black around 33k on the clock. Felt great to drive... Pick it up next week and to say I'm giddy is an understatement!
It's come from Reading by the looks of it as it has 2 of their service stamps in the book. I've had sleepless nights for 2 days before viewing and test driving it due to all the posts about the oil consumption etc... I got the dealer to ring Audi who checked out the system and confirmed it's had the fix done which is a bit of a relief!

One thing I'm toying with, the independent dealer obviously wants me to take the extended warranty with them, I'm just wary of them not paying out on the "normal wear and tear" clause! I'm going to pop down to Manchester Audi tomorrow for a chat with them. Any of you guys opted for the extended warranty form Audi... That is of course if they will even offer me one give its already 4 half years old?

Cheers guys

Yes you can still get extended warranty, I believe the car has to be less than 10 years and under a certain mileage. I have it on my Dynamik but if you let the main warranty lapse it does cost sightly more that it would if you extending right after the manufacture warranty.

Just check online and put your reg in and it would give you a quote. I also have a black Dynamik and done a few mods. Stage 1 Revo remap and rear tints.

hi guys, new to any sort of owners forum amd i've not long had my dynamik so i thought i'd give it a try :) here'd a couple of (bad) pics of mine, i've just noticed that mine doesn't have the quattro badge on the front like the others i've seen on this thread :(

Reactions: keenu
View attachment 77905 View attachment 77906 hi guys, new to any sort of owners forum amd i've not long had my dynamik so i thought i'd give it a try :) here'd a couple of (bad) pics of mine, i've just noticed that mine doesn't have the quattro badge on the front like the others i've seen on this thread :(

Nice black Dynamik :grin: Yes the quattro badge should be there. You could always just ordering it and put it on though I believe.