A4 Dynamik Owners Thread

Nice black Dynamik :grin: Yes the quattro badge should be there. You could always just ordering it and put it on though I believe.
Thanks keenu :) yeah i felt behind the grille where the badge should go and i can feel like what seems to be a bracket/clip where i'm assuming the badge should fit but, theres only one of these bracket/clips i'm not sure if there should be one on each side hence why theres not one on there and i had trouble finding a replacement badge :( could only find them for the B7 models or older.

Just bought a black TFSI dynamic - this is my 3rd quattro audi - first being a B6 1.8T and then this dynamic replaces a B7 2.0T S-line the previous 2 were also upgraded with a REVO re-map which transformed the cars. Im booked in next week to get this one REVO'd

I have a few questions if anyone can help

1 - car did not come with handbook: is there a USB port anywhere on the car?

2 - I would like to get a handbook but confused as to which one - any thoughts?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...0.Xa4+handbook.TRS0&_nkw=a4+handbook&_sacat=0

3 - I know this is of course a B8 but do we know the model number ie B8k1

4 - just done my first motorway 200 mile round trip and MPG showed average of 32.4mpg - is this normal cos I swear my B7 was closer to 38/40 mpg on the motorway - maybe the re-map will improve things.

5 - is the engine the same as in the B7 or is it a completely diferent unit, also the gearing seems to be a LOT LOT longer

6 - it looks awesome!

Thanks in advance

Just bought a black TFSI dynamic - this is my 3rd quattro audi - first being a B6 1.8T and then this dynamic replaces a B7 2.0T S-line the previous 2 were also upgraded with a REVO re-map which transformed the cars. Im booked in next week to get this one REVO'd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...0.Xa4+handbook.TRS0&_nkw=a4+handbook&_sacat=0

4 - just done my first motorway 200 mile round trip and MPG showed average of 32.4mpg - is this normal cos I swear my B7 was closer to 38/40 mpg on the motorway - maybe the re-map will improve things.

5 - is the engine the same as in the B7 or is it a completely diferent unit, also the gearing seems to be a LOT LOT longer

6 - it looks awesome!

Thanks in advance
@25thAniv - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net!

Having never owned a Dynamik I can't answer many of your questions

1. B8 A4 PDF handbook here (top link). Don't know whether its specifically covers the Dynamik TBH
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...al-other-pdf-manuals-audi-car-colours.241230/

Not sure about the USB as this may be Dynamik model specific thing

5. No. the B8 2.0 TFSI engine is the 211bhp one & the previous B7 one was 180bhp stock if my memory serves me right. Same engine just been upgraded I believe. B8 engine has lower co2 emissions too

6. Agreed!

I'm sure more Dynamik owners will be along to answer more of your questions

Hi - no there isn't a USB port in my 2011 Dynamik

4. I get about the same mpg @ 70mph. I haven't seen much better accept when the 50mph average speed cameras when on for miles at the lower end of the M1.

There is an AMI cable in the glovebox. You will need to get one that supports USB though. The one I have has an iPhone connector.

Decided to keep the dynamik now and taken a little trip to Paul at RS tuning again did a superb job mapping the a4 made 223hp that's totally standard car just had the engine rebuild at audi 1000 miles ago with Paul working his magic and putting a custom map onto the car spent nearly 2 hours until he was happy with it and made a nice healthy 301hp ill get the graph up later on people

Wow that is a superb result! Really nice figures and considerably more economical than a K04 conversion.

Cheers mate yeah I was happy with it when he had finished and for £475 you can't beat knowing its not just a flash on map I don't trust the flash on maps how can they be good for your engine when every one runs different just my opinion but I wouldn't go any where else other than rs tuning

It's basically totally changed the fuel consumption but for the good aswell averaging on way back 36 to the gallon and around town getting like 32 now witch I don't think is bad.

The guys at rs tuning said the updated pistons and rods that Audi state on there invoice will basically be s3 internals and will make it run at slightly lower compression so more boost can be made mines running 1.4 bar now and holds 1.0bar right too rev limiter where's when we first ran it standard was running 1.0 at limiter then dropping off too 0.4 bar so a good gain there all round

Time has come to sell my dynamik guys and girls :( ill be putting it up in the for sale section very soon

6 - it looks awesome!

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Was the revo remap good??.... Much difference?...and costly?.
Cheers Sean

Hi gents been looking at a 2012 diesel dynamic in ibis white which was on eBay recently, I have read a load of posts with ref the TFSI but non on the diesel.
This one has 94 k on the clock but it looks imaculate. Any advice would be good I know the issue with the front wings rusting but is there anything else I need to look st, the advert says full service history.
Just need some advice as they are good looking cars
Thanks in advance

Hi guys, just picked up this beauty recently, great condition and only 27000 miles on it. Only issue is flaking paint on the inner front wheel arches. Waiting for a judgement from Glasgow Audi !!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 342
Hi guys, just picked up this beauty recently, great condition and only 27000 miles on it. Only issue is flaking paint on the inner front wheel arches. Waiting for a judgement from Glasgow Audi !!!
I had mine done at Glasgow Audi not too long ago.

My Dynamik is away, was a great motor :(

I have a couple of bits and bobs I'll be sticking in the for-sale later....

Got a brand new Dynamik Rim & Tyre, never even seen the boot of a car.

My Brake conversion (See the pics earlier in this thread)

Pair of 10mm HR Spacers (unused)

Honeycomb Grille

Set of Avant genuine Audi roof bars

And probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

Hi All,

New member! Hoping to be purchasing a Dynamik in the next couple of months.

Great to look back and see what previous issues people have had in which to look out for.

Any original members posters still own their cars? Would be good to hear how things are a couple more years down the line.

I'd like to map the car when I get it as well. Just stage 1 to approx 260bhp. Hoping this won't cause stress to the clutch, anyone had a map done to a similar output had any issues?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi All,

New member! Hoping to be purchasing a Dynamik in the next couple of months.

Great to look back and see what previous issues people have had in which to look out for.

Any original members posters still own their cars? Would be good to hear how things are a couple more years down the line.

I'd like to map the car when I get it as well. Just stage 1 to approx 260bhp. Hoping this won't cause stress to the clutch, anyone had a map done to a similar output had any issues?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi, I have the Revo stage 1 map on mine and it has taken it to around or just below 300 bhp i believe. I have it on Performance Mode 2 or B which is for 99 Ron fuel. I got it done in December and no issues thus far.

Mine is S tronic however but i believe some people on manuals had decreased clutch life. You can search the forums on this.

The car however pulls hard and is much smoother after the map so well worth IMO.

Hi, I have the Revo stage 1 map on mine and it has taken it to around or just below 300 bhp i believe. I have it on Performance Mode 2 or B which is for 99 Ron fuel. I got it done in December and no issues thus far.

Mine is S tronic however but i believe some people on manuals had decreased clutch life. You can search the forums on this.

The car however pulls hard and is much smoother after the map so well worth IMO.

Cheers keenu, they are impressive power gains!

Hi i am an original member. No longer have the Dynamik.
I did have mine Revo remapped to around 300bhp however the clutch went at 27k miles. If its a manual you are best to keep the power and torque down abit and have a milder map. Many 2.0tfsi Dynamik are affected by an oil consumption issue, mine certainly were. So be sure and check that Audi have carried out the engine rebuild on the car. A giveaway of high oil consumption is black sooted up exhaust tips.
Hope this helps

Hi i am an original member. No longer have the Dynamik.
I did have mine Revo remapped to around 300bhp however the clutch went at 27k miles. If its a manual you are best to keep the power and torque down abit and have a milder map. Many 2.0tfsi Dynamik are affected by an oil consumption issue, mine certainly were. So be sure and check that Audi have carried out the engine rebuild on the car. A giveaway of high oil consumption is black sooted up exhaust tips.
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot Audi Dynamik, appreciate the pointers. Might map to 260-270bhp to ensure the clutch lasts as I will be getting a manual! Will ask the question about the engine rebuild to any seller. Cheers, Mike

So bit of an update from my camp...

I've had the Dynamik for about 8months now (2011 33k), originally bought from an independent dealer but had previous Audi service stamps in the service book. The dealer told me the engine fix had been done which was basically a blatant lie as I've been putting in around 0.5ltr per 3-400 miles. I wasn't too concerned as I took out extended warranty when I bought it for 2 years and the repair would have been covered under this... just an almighty hassle getting and independent warranty company to deal with Audi :whip:

I have to say in the 8months I've had it (now @39k), I would say the oil consumption has been steadily going up... on the motorway you definitely get more miles to oil than around town so it was hard to judge when I first got the car.
I've now gone through more than 8ltrs of oil in less than 6k which is a joke given all previous cars I've owned have barely had a "thimble" of oil in-between 10k services!

I had it in for the Oil consumption test a few weeks back and it failed requiring new pistons/rings. I've been having sleepless nights thinking about the £5k rebuild costs and maybe having to contribute but had a call from Manchester Audi this morning and my car is booked in at the end of the month for new Pistons/rings etc.... all Free!!!!! :yahoo:
To say this is a weight off my mind is an understatement!
I heard a rumour that they were stopping paying out on cars older than 5 years but it's all been approved!

The car is fantastic and I would have been gutted to get rid because of this but it seems Audi are still honouring the repairs it seems. (mate has an A5 and his got done for free at Bolton Audi).

If you are in doubt, get the Oil consumption test done asap! Those on the lookout for a second hander, make sure it has Audi service history and you should be ok

Reactions: scotty76
Hi guys,
I've just bought some polished ally wing mirrors for my Ibis white Dynamik Avant. Has anyone replaced theirs and how tricky was it..?

Thanks

Ian

Hi all new to the forum, really need some help I have a white Dynamik and my bumper and splitter have taken a hit, does anyone know where I can get just a splitter from or even a whole front end dosent matter which. I know I probabaly won't have much luck but worth a try

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Time to part ways with my Black TFSI Dynamik :( caused me nothing but trouble, but i still loved it. If i find out where it ends up for sale, i'll post here to either say avoid or give a full picture of the history :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Looking for an A4 avant and just found a Dynamik in white and it's a diesel. I've never really heard of the dynamik range. Are they any good? Also wondering has anyone here done any work to it to get more power out of it?

Thinking of buying an A4 Avant dynamik and it's a 2.0tdi. I can't seem to find anything about them online so I was wondering does anyone here own one? What are they like to drive?

Thinking of buying an A4 Avant dynamik and it's a 2.0tdi. I can't seem to find anything about them online so I was wondering does anyone here own one? What are they like to drive?

Hello

I have a a4 avant dynamik tdi.
Had it about 6 months and can give you some details.

Car itself looks amazing.
Its white and with the black wheels it looks stunning.
Its 170bhp but with the audi emissions fix its feels more like 140bhp.
Very smooth driving and the engine is quite quiet for a tdi.
Very heavey stearing, i have looked this up and apparently some audis were sold like this to provide a better experience for the driver.
For me its a bit too heavey and sometimes feels like a non power stearing car.
The wheels are very wide and this is great for grip but when going slow you may find it pulls hard to the left or right depending on which wheels have better grip.
The quattro is great on it. Last winter it was unstoppable and thats with summer tyres. I think its the torsen system so permanent 4x4.
That does eat the fuel a bit.
Long journeys i get 40mpg, short 30mpg.

All in all i love the car and am never planning to sell it.

The tdi dynamiks are rare. I think it was 400 dynamiks made for the uk and 126 of them were tdi.

Hope this helps your decision.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180808-092918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180808-092918_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_20180808-092955_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180808-092955_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
Hey Guys! Anyone still havve their Dynamiks? just put pen to paper one for 66k miles. Should i be worried? is that high milage for this car? ofcourse the first thing im gonna do is check the oil consumpion etc... Any help would be appreciated. ..Thanks

Time to part ways with my Black TFSI Dynamik :( caused me nothing but trouble, but i still loved it. If i find out where it ends up for sale, i'll post here to either say avoid or give a full picture of the history :)

Im now paranoid if it's your car ii purcchased :/

Im now paranoid if it's your car ii purcchased :/
Ha, not to worry my one had more miles than that. To be fair i don't think mine should be avoided completely, the issues I had (I'm fairly certain) are gone but by the end of it I was fed up just looking at it.

Gone for a 2011 3.0 TDI now, definitely quicker but I do miss my Dynamik from time to time.

I still have mine and it is at 97,000 odd miles so dinnae worry about it having 66K.

bJ4OfLk.jpg

bjukK8f.jpg

zpe58Lo.jpg

The last pic is it wearing its winter wheels.

I'm a new to the Dynamik club, as of Monday. Black, 29K on the clock. Very nice to drive, and the looks give it presence on the road, with a dash of attitude. I think I'm getting used to the alloys now, although they wouldn't be my first choice. No sign of rust on the wheel arches thankfully, but wondering if there's any preventive measures to take. Taking it in for an oil consumption test on Monday, just for reassurance. Also nice that I've got to have a major service after only a month of buying it. Anyway, very happy with my purchase, although I do miss my BMW 330i that I part-exchanged. I'm sure that will be a distant memory soon enough though.

Reactions: deanosabby
Hi all new here is my A4 Dynamik done a couple of bits here and there it being the 2.0tfsi it's had the oil consumption recall done and I've done other visual mods to it.

It also has a custom cat back exhaust aswell as a revo induction kit just waiting for a remap and I'll be happy :)
298a4f3492305413fa7e5e37f181443c.jpg
5c2bd2be616f087a2e91e47b6aa1c0c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Very nice! What made you swap the alloys? For me, thats the best part of the Dynamik

I kept the originals for winter and these are my summer wheels, like being abit different hence the colour choice not everyone's cup of tea but hey ho

I kept the originals for winter and these are my summer wheels, like being abit different hence the colour choice not everyone's cup of tea but hey ho

I'd have it the other way around, the standard dynamik alloys deserve the summer use!

It does look good in white with those alloys. Mine was black but that's my style

What is the rear bumper insert?
it looks like its just for a twin tail pipes