A4 Dynamik

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After driving my BMW 320d Edition M Sport Touring around for nearly 2 years now, I'm thinking it's time for a change.
I quite liked the A4 Dynamik Avant, but can't seem to find much information on them, can anyone point me in the right direction of some decent info?
What are they like in comparison to an s-line?

Hello i have a dynamik my self a red saloon manual,
There is only 400 dynamik editions made for uk customers only
It has been lowered by 20 mm
It has the rear small spoiler
It has rear diffusers
It has a body kit to the sides different to the s-line
it has a black "blade like " on the front of the car at the bottom
It has the black wheels with the silver on each of the 5 spokes which really stand out and get commented on the most how beautiful they are, "keep away from pavements with them"
It is brilliant in the snow we had recently, it is very good fuel economy, good to drive, The steering is light as a feather, very comfortable spacious and so much power and quite a good engine tone i love it to bits best car i have ever owned out of jags bmws mercs and loads more. highly recommended Buy one ! previous to my dynamik i had a 09 530d m sport and i much prefer this dynamik even though it is about £10000 cheaper.

Last edited:
They are so much faster than your 320d m sport though it will hammer it in a race, there is a good reasonable amount of space and very comfortable. you also get adaptive lights as standard which moves at the rate of your steering wheel they move round the corner so that you can see round the corner before the car is actually pointing that way it is very good ! If you do not want attention then this is not the car for you ! i have had people hanging out of car and vans windows just staring at it. 4wd quattro is just simply amazing around a corner or roundabout you can just go as fast as you dare to go and it will not slip it is as if it is constantly super-glued to the road.

The a4 dynamik is a limited special edition made in 11 reg only, only 400 made. They all have the same 2.0 "petrol" tfsi quattro engine.
" Turbo fuel stratisfied injection" which is just like a jet ! it is not for the faint hearted ! It is reliable and will not let you down. It is much better than the s-line and looks alot nicer aswell, it is also a rare car so you will not see many around. in every way it is just much better to my previous bmw.be fast an grab a decent dynamik before they all sell ! there are many other little things witch make it better than the bmw for instance a digital reading of the speed you are travelling at.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
So they all have the hdd sat nav etc etc? Pretty much 400 cars all made the same except the gearbox? Which is best? I've test drove an s tronc, wasn't too bad but the dealer wasn't prepared to move on price. Missed out on a white one 4800 miles for 25995, really gutted!

Noticed an Ibis Avant in my local dealers (Kings Lynn Audi) as I drove past today, details will be on Audi Used website.

yep all of them have sat nav standard all the same spec., just different gearbox and saloon or avant, they are only made in white black red and grey. it depends what you want s-tronic or manual, i have a manual i like to change gears and rev it to the max and be abit of a boy racer ! haha, is it a avant you realy want or would you get a saloon ?

I need an Avant to cart the dog around in! Not seen any Avant's in grey tho, only red black and white. I'd like a red one if possible but there doesn't seem to be many about atm.

No they are red black and white, and also the dealerships say they are red black and white, but i have seen a couple of grey saloons and i was like what's a grey one doing ? i have a red one my self it is outstanding especially in the sun it is the dogs b !, i thought to my self i am 55 years old and i have bought my self this what have i done ? the colour is so bright for like a young lad haha ! i think its abit to young for me haha ! but love it to pieces !
Personally i prefer the red one to all of the other colours it suits the car + bodykit more

i've got the black saloon (disagree w/ AD i think the black on black on black look is awesome, especially w/ the bits of silver trim - but each to their own!), fkn love her to bits. obviously can't tell you what the Avant's like but if it's similar to the saloon you shouldn't be disappointed. the engine's pretty damn powerful, lovely kick off the turbo when it fires up. haven't had snow, i'm surprised they handle as well as AD says above, to be honest, as they've got 19" 255s at each corner that i was assuming would spread the weight and act like a sledge (i used to have a Supra w/ 225s and she became a bobsleigh in the snow).
well specced and a lush interior, i'd highly recommend you test drive one. Like said, there's only 400 of them, so you know you've got something a little special.
i might be biased cos i came off a lowly Chevy Lacetti so everything about the Dynamik's a bit "spaceship" to me, lol, but there's so much to love about the features etc. might not be as impressive to you coming from a BMW but i love :-
those xenon lights - they're like flood lights!
regional aircon
cruise
SD cards for music (about 50 albums on mine, better than a passenger seat full of CDs!)
leather interior and sporty seats
sat nav and loads of settings to play about w/ for the equipment
sticks to the road like you're driving on sellotape
mileage not bad, i'm getting about 30mpg though the cold weather's knocked that down a bit. auto engine-off helps too.
roomy, big boot (i imagine the Avant will be REALLY spacious)
external looks
parking sensors
oh yeah, and i love the auto-dimming mirror and the rain-sensor wipers too!

Last edited:
addendum : i know i had a lot of probs when i was looking her over as they're so rare there was very little on the net. just had a quick skeg and found this though, Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik 4dr What Car? Equipment Review - evecars.com give some idea what you get for your dosh. not entirely sure it's all correct though, it says 17" wheels and doesn't mark the satnav as standard? :-/

edit, this looks more what you're after : New Audi A4 Avant Special Editions 2.0T FSI Quattro Dynamik 5dr S Tronic (2011-) for sale, contract hire or lease

Last edited:
Yeah I saw them links but thanks for looking.

Can anyone (that has one I guess) confirm whether the sat nav is DVD nav or HDD nav? The one I saw in Colchester, the salesman said it was HDD, yet every spec I found all say it's DVD based.
Can't say I really trusted the salesman he didn't really know his stuff, I knew more about the Dynamik's than him!

it's DVD-based. i found out i couldn't play CD music when satnavving as it needed to use the satnav disc (well...you CAN, if you dump the satnav info onto SD card, but it takes an hour according to the handbook). i then found out that they didn't unlock the Eject mechanism when i bought her, but to be honest i don't really care now that i've moved onto using SD cards for music.

Just had the Colchester Audi bloke on the phone asking if I was still looking about for a Dynamik, or anything else.
Said that either an S3 or Dynamik is what I like at the moment, but he could only come up with a 59 plate S3 without SatNav, or the same priced Dynamik! Told him there's one with less miles in Red in Tetbury Audi for £25995 (don't think he believed me about the one I saw in BSE for £25995 when I told him about it). Got the usual 'I'll speak to my manager' when I said there one is too expensive!
It does have Stronic, but that's not worth a £5000 premium! And the service manager uses it as his 'company car' at present, so is caning the miles on it!

Think I'll wait it out for now, see what comes around in the March/April trade in!

So just to hijack the thread slightly, is the general view that this is a good spec car to have. I have seen one but was unsure if it would not be better to go for a s-line spec ? with high tech pack etc.

the Dynamiks are quattros, not sure if that's standard for the S Line? beyond that, i'm not well up on the Audi range so i don't know exactly what the S Lines have. i *think* the Dynamiks have sportier wheels (19" rims, 255 tyres).

can i ask why in post 4 it states not fot the faint hearted !!! these ment to be quicker than normal s lines

Yes they are decently well spec'ed cars.

They are basically a standard SE spec'ed car that audi took, and added lots of extras like, quattro, AMI, DVD Nav, sports suspension, Sports seats, leather, Xenon's, sports front bumper, splitter, PDC front and rear, 19" alloys, cruise control, and more that I can't think of at the moment.
The only difference between them that was an option was Stronic or Manual.
Pity they didn't change the steering wheel IMO, a nice flat bottomed S line type one would have looked good!

S line spec is good, but it's all optional extra's, the above comes standard, and they have a limited run of these all mostly registered on a 2011 11 plate.

As for the 'not for the faint hearted' comment, they are all 211PS 2.0 TFSI which I believe is an option for the S line. Don't think it would put it into the faint hearted category, but it's reasonable!

not for the fain hearted ( A FAST CAR IF YOU ARE A SLOW WOMEN DRIVER THIS ISNT REALLY THE CAR FOR YOU) and calm down :L its just a gross exaggeration :L haha, it is a very fast car at standard for a 2.0 petrol anyway :p
Its fast enough, but having mine remapped soon to 305 bhp which a a stage 1 as the engine has a vvl (variable valve lift) and a bigger turbo and a amazing intercooler the car can take the power according from revo, it is also much different to the b7 2.0t and 10x better the power is still within its limits to the other engine components, revo say that it is the best engine Audi has made ! check out revos facebook page with the black a4 dynamik :)

Last edited:
Can I ask if anyone knows what the NAV is like? I currently have a 2011 RNS fittted in my S3 is it the same as that? or an older type screen.

Thanks.

Nav in S3 is in my opinion much better than DVD based MMI Nav in A4 as it has more functionality. In A4 you do not get the speed marker or the ability to show next 3 "events" stacked on the LHS of the screen. The map display is also sharper on the RNS.

hello :) the engine is so responsive to the remap that it will be ok at 305 bhp, it sounds very unlikely and i was not sure about it untill i actually rung up and asked revo, you will still get a couple more mpg with it being a stage 1 but if you drive fast then you will loose a few mpg as you would anyway :)

How much will your insurnace go up after a nearly 50% increase in bhp? What's the improvment in torque?

don't know about insurance actually not really bothered tbh :p is it worth telling them ? 320 lbs/ft (433nm)
The b8 2.0 t is one of the best engines to tune apparently so

Well went to day and had a look, seemed nice car, 4k miles, ex demo 25k, but nor sure i could live with the NAV screen, looked really bad.

Nice body kit on them and really nice looking dashboard and DIS infomation.... Ho hum,,,

holy crap, 90hp increase on a remap?! is that for real, i thought you only got about 20 ~ 40?

"don't know about insurance actually not really bothered tbh :p is it worth telling them "
you have to by law, i believe. i'm pretty sure someone on this site said if the difference is more than 10% of stock they need to be told.

Last edited:
Well went to day and had a look, seemed nice car, 4k miles, ex demo 25k, but nor sure i could live with the NAV screen, looked really bad.

Nice body kit on them and really nice looking dashboard and DIS infomation.... Ho hum,,,

Which one did you look at? I keep an eye on the audi used site or Dynamik's, hoping they drop just a bit in price!

Which one did you look at? I keep an eye on the audi used site or Dynamik's, hoping they drop just a bit in price!

It was at Epsom Audi.

Nice Car. I think i deceided though I would prefer a better spec'd one and then add then add the styling kit and wheels.

It was at Epsom Audi.

Nice Car. I think i deceided though I would prefer a better spec'd one and then add then add the styling kit and wheels.

How much more spec are you wanting?
My must have list is: sat nav, Bluetooth, iPod interface.

If for example you brought a nicely spec'ed s line, it's around the same price, then you need to buy a new front bumper, then the splitter, defuses etc.

I would defo change the steering wheel if I got one, to a fbmfsw!

Pretty much agree with you, bluetooth, AMI a must, Ipod connectivity waste of time with no track info and like I said not sure i could live with the poor looking screen after getting used to a 2011 RNSe.

Pretty much agree with you, bluetooth, AMI a must, Ipod connectivity waste of time with no track info and like I said not sure i could live with the poor looking screen after getting used to a 2011 RNSe.

Ahh, never tried the RNSe so I looks okay to me, currently got a BMW business nav, so not too different!

not for the fain hearted ( A FAST CAR IF YOU ARE A SLOW WOMEN DRIVER THIS ISNT REALLY THE CAR FOR YOU) and calm down :L its just a gross exaggeration :L haha, it is a very fast car at standard for a 2.0 petrol anyway :p
Its fast enough, but having mine remapped soon to 305 bhp which a a stage 1 as the engine has a vvl (variable valve lift) and a bigger turbo and a amazing intercooler the car can take the power according from revo, it is also much different to the b7 2.0t and 10x better the power is still within its limits to the other engine components, revo say that it is the best engine Audi has made ! check out revos facebook page with the black a4 dynamik :)

The Black Dynamik on Revo's face book page is mine! :) I had the Stage 1 remap done last week, and I must say the car feels so much better for it. Well worth the £508 asking price.

Sweet, what's the acceleration like, really noticeable? Any difference in fuel consumption?

Yeah its noticeably quicker in 1,2,3. But really comes on strong from 4th onwards. It really does feel like a different car!!

Fuel consumption is a little better when driving sensibly, but as you would expect it likes to drink it when in play mode.

I really would recommend this to anyone with the same engine!!

had my a4 dynamik same as the black one above but in red stage 1 to 305 bhp and 320 lbs/ft totally transforms the car from fast to super fast ! it is very good i would recommend it although it did take 4 hrs for the remap

Mine didnt take that long to remap. only a couple of hours. The black ones are faster than the red. lol

Reactions: TripleD
does it make any diff running on normal unleaded after the remap? The revo page said they used shell vpower for tests.