A4 Foglight Replacment Bulbs

Josh1234

Reaction score
Hello All,

Getting sick of seeing the yellow tinge on the fog lights now when I unlock the car, I’m wondering what are the best bulbs to replace them with? Seen multiple on eBay but not sure which ones to go for.

2014 Audi A4 sline

Thanks

Josh

Hi Josh, welcome to audi-sport.net. Get in touch with our site sponsor @t8ups he is a genius with lighting and is fast and reliable. Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Josh1234
It depends which route you want to take.
To match your headlamp light, go for oem bulbs.
If fancy crisp white colour and modern bulb, go for leds.

You are right in saying that, there is loads of them.
Don’t skimp on them as usually quality goes in pair with price and choose best one that suits you.

I personally chosen leds with fan less heatsink. Simple swap and great light output. Fits just right as I have intercoolers behind the fog lamp in my A6 and bulb sticks out right to it.

Standard or replacement filament bulbs are also great. If you match up colour temperature with headlights, it will look oem. Philips or Osram are best companies, imho.

I installed Osram as dipped D3S bulbs. Great colour, better than standard and much brighter.
Could’ve asked for more now, as got used to them and would like more power+colour on the road.

In fact, fogs should be yellow, as white light bounces back in fog.

Choice is yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This also applies to any leds that computer is strobing and load resistor in its own is bot helping.

Here it is

a4361ac1f5cda5f7af24a0311b812f75.jpg

Got mine from @t8ups nice ice white I think 6000k they match the modded side lights and head light conversion he did for me.

Alternatively get hold of someone with the Carista App (or get it yourself) and change the locking/unlocking/coming home lights to something else. e.g dipped beam.