A4 MIB3 OTA Map Updates Won’t Install

mallen1024

It's my birthday
Reaction score
I have a 2020 A4 with the new MIB3 platform. The car was originally updating the maps OTA but since updating to firmware 3281 (via my local Audi Centre), this seems to have stopped working. The update is found, downloads, but as soon as the install starts it fails and says the installation has been cancelled. It’s being doing this for months. Audi Digital support are pretty useless. A case has has been opened for several months and they just keep telling me it’s been escalated.

I have reset the MMI twice and rebooted, it makes no difference. I have also rebooted the MMI and put it into the engineering menu to cause it to do a full more aggressive restart and discounted the vehicle battery for 20 minutes. Nothing works. Is anyone else having these issues? I have the latest full download of maps and was told the next full update won’t come until November.

Looks like Audi have made a backend change. Not tested it yet….

Attachments

• Audi Digital Services Technical Department Update - Your Case 0000751950.pdf
    314.8 KB · Views: 639
Looks like Audi have made a backend change. Not tested it yet….
The 2022 MIB3 maps just released. I booted the MMI into the Red Engineering Menu and did the update that way. The update completed. After the MMI rebooted, it found an over the air update. And it worked! This is a good fix if your maps are corrupted; otherwise the Audi centre has to wipe your nav and then force the update to it.