A4 Mirror Tilt

RyanAudiWales

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having just taken delivery of an A4 2.0 tdi ultra s line, Im trying to find out if the car when selected in reverse will tilt the passenger wing mirror down and across, My old car did this but the more I try and find information about it, the more it seems it is an optional extra as part of the power folding mirror option which I did not take.

I have tried selecting the selector to passenger mirror, then select reverse, manually change the position on the mirror then select neutral, but it stays in that position..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Reactions: Mr_Dude
Upload 2017 3 29 12 32 32

Upload 2017 3 29 12 33 11

Upload 2017 3 29 12 34 1

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-29_12-31-28.png
    upload_2017-3-29_12-31-28.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 203
Thanks for the reply, it appears I dont have the recall buttons on the door, so must have been an extra,

Thanks anywa

The mirror tint function is only available if you selected the auto folding mirrors option.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thought as much! would have thought it would have come as standard, Thanks

Yea I know. A lot of things should have come as standard on a car of this calibre in my opinion. Adaptive cruise, satnav, reverse parking camera just to name a few.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the auto dip isn't as useful as I thought it would be when I spec'd it. I need to see how close the car is to the kerb when parallel parking, but the mirror doesn't protrude from the door far enough to be able to see below the crease line down the waist of the car. So all you see is a great view of the door above the waist line and the pavement. You have to imagine where the kerb is!

How did we cope before mirrors, sensors, camera's, electric windows etc. I guess all wheels were steel and we didn't worry...

Reactions: TripleD
How did we cope before mirrors, sensors, camera's, electric windows etc. I guess all wheels were steel and we didn't worry...
Well, one difference was that side and rear windows were bigger and we could actually see behind and below. Many years ago I had a Vauxhall Carlton estate which was much the same size as the A4 Avant and I had no problems parking it. The only refinement it had to facilitate parking was power steering.

But looking at photos of it now, it does appear odd with all that glass area!

The trick of making the interior look bigger by introducing more light I guess...

Hi all,

Having just taken delivery of an A4 2.0 tdi ultra s line, Im trying to find out if the car when selected in reverse will tilt the passenger wing mirror down and across, My old car did this but the more I try and find information about it, the more it seems it is an optional extra as part of the power folding mirror option which I did not take.

Find someone in your area with VCDS, they could enable it for you there no extra parts required. I did it on my old B8 Avant even though it wasn't mentioned in the manual. I think it was left out of the UK spec B8 cars because it didn't always fully return to the level it had been set to. If it's mentioned in the B9 manual I hope they have sorted it.

Peter

It didn't return to its normal position as it works in conjuction with electric memory seats, if you don't have them you can enable the mirror but it will never work properly. I suspect this will be the case with the B9 as well.

The b9 doesn't need the memory seats for the passenger mirror tilt to function correctly. I don't have the seats and ny mirror returns to the normal position just fine...

Mine did work fine but now has a mind of its own and adopts various random positions when the dip finishes :-( Stopped using it :-(

I'm with wideboybloke on this, the mirrors are so small that even dipping to their full you can't see the wheel and curb anyway.