A4 multitronic probs

Le Pom

Reaction score
Hi folks
New on here and would appreciate comments on the following:
I have A4 cabrio, 3ltr 2003 62000mls. Juddering last year, Audi main dealer replaced clutch plates etc, quite a heafty cost - all ok. Started minor juddering again this month - taken in and after test drive and gear box oil check, ''You need a new gearbox', that'll be £5500 thank you sir!!!. Fantastic. Asked them to approach Audi Uk for contribution - auto answer say no (why no person?). Anyone had experience of this and any joy with Audi UK, or Audi main dealer? Also, not being a mechanic does the solution ring true? And for the privelege of the test drive and oil check? £152
Thoughts welcome. In the meantime, car back at home - I will approach Audi UK direct.
br
Le Pom :(

Sell it, trade it, auction it, sorry it's time to get rid of it. , i have my 2.5 tdi 2003 multi convertible at a garage with a different multitronic problems it's worth 7k. if i get told to get a gearbox it's on the trader by tommorow night. If you spend 5.5k on a 7k car your crazy, sorry to be hard on you as i bet you love this car hell i love mine but in the end the repair is nearly the same s it's worth.