A4/S4 front grille question

Daggerit

Reaction score
Does anyone know from their experience or from access to a parts database if the number plate holder is physically part of the front grille or if it's a separate piece that can be removed?

Cheers,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the usa I think they have removed it completely, as they often don't have front registration plates. However you are left with a number of holes. When I get the chance I will try and find the forum and posts...

Reactions: Daggerit
That would be spot on if you can find it. And here's hoping that they're setup the same and we don't get a different part number in Europe.

Probably tomorrow now, curry, lager and several glasses of wine prevail. Usual saturday night :)

Reactions: TripleD, Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
Certainly trumps looking for Audi car part details!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks for that, I think that ours are a bit different and actually have a built in recess where the horizontal slats dip down to be flush with the grey solid section and the plate mounts there.

Of well, I guess I'll just wait and find out when I pick it up. I was just thinking of taking the front plate off and have a stick on one put on the bumper instead. A bit less classy but I like the look.

I guess you could try and source a USA version of the grill, expensive though...

Yeah. If I was gonna get a new grill I'd just grab an RS one from BroTek I think. Pretty sure they're usually able to have the plate carrier removed.