A4 Side Impact Sensor Fault

Reub

Reaction score
Hi,

Airbag warning light has been on a while. Got it scanned and was told it's the driver's side side impact sensor. Mechanic said if he remembered correctly that there is a connector under the driver's floor somewhere that is prone to corrosion. Has anyone dealt with this before? Would like to see if I can fix myself as I am broke.

I'm not 100% if it's the one you need but there is a yellow connector under the drivers seat.
Slide the seat back & there should be a little hatch and there is a plug under there, mine has done this several times over the years & unplugging & plugging back in seemed to do the trick.

I think you'll need a code reader to clear the light as well unfortunately. I just have an amazon special & it does the job

I think you'll need a code reader to clear the light as well unfortunately. I just have an amazon special & it does the job
Does it do the job for Airbag lights? Friend's Carly reader couldn't even read the airbag code.

You've got me wondering now, I'm sure it did as i've had the airbag light on 2 separate occasions and put it out & the only thing i have to hand is a cheap amazon code reader.
Either that or the light goes out by itself.
When i get a minute i'll plug mine in & see if i have the airbag option on there.

You need a fairly decent code reader or VCDS to clear airbag codes. I'm not sure what's going on with the light going off as airbag lights should be persistent really