A45 AMG vs Ford RS vs Golf R vs RS3

Evotion

The Greed For Speed
Reaction score
People will always ask this so thought I would throw in my 2p.

I drove all four pretty much back to back (in the same week). Have driven the A45 and RS3 twice now.

I personally believe in all the following statements based on my experience:

Most Fun:
  1. Ford RS
  2. Golf R
  3. RS3
  4. A45
Best Looking:
  1. Ford RS
  2. A45 (with Aero)
  3. Golf R
  4. RS3
Nicest Inside:
  1. RS3
  2. A45
  3. Golf R
  4. Ford RS
Best Car Overall (including VALUE and, ok, practicality):
  1. Ford RS
  2. Golf R
  3. A45/RS3

So, whyTF I am buying the RS3 !?!?!?
I'm in my 40s, I have 3 kids....
Nah, ******, it's the sound and the only one the missus liked :)

Can't wait... Go Audi.

Reactions: PanamaS3
lol doesn't look to good for me then in a golf R, wanting an RS3 but may not have the deposit for one and looking at the A45 as a substitute lol....maybe not then

Your definitely buying the right car if your buying a rs3 personally I think you would have to be mad to consider a focus rs over any of the others, as you said your in your 40s the rs3 is definitely the grown up car inside and out also the noise of one too is the best out of the 4, am sure you will be happy in the end that you have chosen the rs3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People will always ask this so thought I would throw in my 2p.

I drove all four pretty much back to back (in the same week). Have driven the A45 and RS3 twice now.

I personally believe in all the following statements based on my experience:

Most Fun:
  1. Ford RS
  2. Golf R
  3. RS3
  4. A45
Best Looking:
  1. Ford RS
  2. A45 (with Aero)
  3. Golf R
  4. RS3
Nicest Inside:
  1. RS3
  2. A45
  3. Golf R
  4. Ford RS
Best Car Overall (including VALUE and, ok, practicality):
  1. Ford RS
  2. Golf R
  3. A45/RS3

So, whyTF I am buying the RS3 !?!?!?
I'm in my 40s, I have 3 kids....
Nah, ******, it's the sound and the only one the missus liked :)

Can't wait... Go Audi.

Go for the Focus and if its not working than the Golf R, they are so entertaining :) why pick something you don't want?

The Focus RS is hideous. Way too chavtastic. And that interior...ugh. And that's before I even get started on the driving position. The seat is set hysterically too high...it's actually like the driving position of a Transit van. Then there's the cheap plastic exterior which will fade badly in sunlight and rain! Did I mention the turning circle? Or lack of. I nearly crashed the thing turning into a parking space.

It might be cheap but it really does feel it. And sound it.

Reactions: jimojameso, lenny151 and andyt99
The Focus RS is hideous. Way too chavtastic.
I agree, I'm utterly astounded that anyone in their 40s would say that the Focus RS was the best looking car! It's better than the previous version I think, but nevertheless is has 0% class about it. I'd be embarrassed to be in one, nevermind own one.

Reactions: James 123, jimojameso and lenny151
Glad am not the only one who hates the focus rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso
lol doesn't look to good for me then in a golf R, wanting an RS3 but may not have the deposit for one and looking at the A45 as a substitute lol....maybe not then
If I was in my 20s, single and no kids then I would be buying the Ford.

People talk about which car is best, what I am illustrating is that it's a completely ridiculous question and it should always be 'what car is best FOR ME'.

In my case, it is the RS3 and it ticks the ultimate boxes that I needed ticking.

The three cars you mention are all absolutely brilliant, it's just that there is no great jump from any of those 3 to the other so it comes down to details and feelings - or perhaps you just want a change. If so, take the others out and make sure before making that jump.

I agree, I'm utterly astounded that anyone in their 40s would say that the Focus RS was the best looking car!

I stand by that. It actually looks like the car that it aims to be.
The RS3 and A45 look sober in comparison and look too much like their lesser siblings at first glance.

has 0% class about it. I'd be embarrassed to be in one, nevermind own one.

This is agree with... and why I would never buy it!! :)

Just saying I 'personally' think it is the best looking car (for the record my fave car of all, on looks currently, is the M2) but, yeah, tacky and cheap NOT befitting somebody of my age. My son loved it :)

What that week did to me was cause confusion and I kept thinking I would like the following:

• The Ford RS body but with the quality, close-up finish of the A45
  • The interior of the RS3 (love how you can hide the screen and the general uncluttered look)
  • The engine sound of the RS3
The RS3 is still a mightily fine looking car so, to me, in the end, it had to be the RS3.

A45 AMG all day long :chuncky:

You know, that was the first car that I wanted. Never owned an AMG before plus I love the AMG pops.
I enjoyed the test drive but was not blown away by it. I also didn't like all the red bits all over the cabin and it felt a bit closed-in. Great car though.

I did drive the M2 by the way. Loved it BUT the back seat access is crap and not a sensible choice for me.

The RS3 felt perfect inside and the noise was superb and then found out it still pops and crackles - lovely jubbly.

Interesting comments, I'm a very big tad over 40 !! But having driven all the cars the old style RS, not the new one it's been sanitised too much, pity the uk roads cos skinny tyres are now out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I stand by that. It actually looks like the car that it aims to be.
The RS3 and A45 look sober in comparison and look too much like their lesser siblings at first glance.
Actually to be fair, I've said that in the past about the RS3 compared to a TDi s-line. From side on they're almost identical, most of the differences being only in superficial parts at the front and rear. I got shouted down last time I said this though :-(

Aye.
It matters not... The RS3 is the best car FOR ME. Still looks the dogs danglies, especially in some lush paint, wheel and kit variations.

You got the best looks list the opposite way round. I see a Focus RS quite often in that light blue colour, doesn't look that great. Prefer the other 3 looks wise, Focus RS is still tame compared to the new Civic Type R though. A45 with Aero looked great at first but now I think it's too much, the standard A45 AMG looks too similar to a normal A class. I prefer the S3/RS3 looks to the Golf R, I think the GTI Clubsport looks better than the Golf R.

You got the best looks list the opposite way round. I see a Focus RS quite often in that light blue colour, doesn't look that great. Prefer the other 3 looks wise, Focus RS is still tame compared to the new Civic Type R though. A45 with Aero looked great at first but now I think it's too much, the standard A45 AMG looks too similar to a normal A class. I prefer the S3/RS3 looks to the Golf R, I think the GTI Clubsport looks better than the Golf R.

Yeah, isn't it great that we have our own tastes!
Imagine if everybody was driving around in the same car :)

If this was German and had 400HP I still maintain this would take all the laurels.
2016-ford-focus-rs-first-drive-ext01-1.jpg

Alas, it's a ford...

Mind you... The new Ford GT... umm.