A5 B8 2.0 TFSI - turbo or non-turbo?

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Am I right in thinking that the B8 A5 2.0 TFSI has two variants? Either with or without turbo. I've always assumed the T in TFSi always stood for turbo (or supercharged in the case of the S5)

If so, is there any way to tell without physically looking at the car? (EG just from autotrader adverts)
Only difference I can see on the adverts is some are 177bhp and others 208bhp

Looking for either a 2.0TFSI or a 3.0TDi A5 for under £6k - not interested in the 2.0 if they're N/A...

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited:
Thanks. I did wonder why they all had TFSi on them.
Anyone know the difference between the 177 and 208hp versions?

Ah, we've found the class nobhead :applaus:

Obviously I mean physical differences. Different turbo perhaps? Does one remap easier than the other? etc

Not that much of a "nobhead" as I can actually tell the difference between an A4 & A5 for a start :whistle2:

Not that much of a "nobhead" as I can actually tell the difference between an A4 & A5 for a start :whistle2:

Who cant tell the difference between the A4 and A5? You're gunna have to elaborate on that one I'm afraid... :eyes:

This is what I'm seeing in search results. Two A5s same price, different power... (see attached)
A5

It's not just as simple as the age either. there are both 177 and 208 for year 2009.
Same for 2010 plates.

you've posted this in the A4 section not that it's a major problem but maybe posting in the A5 section might get you more of a response...
Also even though you called me a nob head I will give you the heads up on the fact that Audi had major problems with the 2ltr tfsi engine between 09 and 2011 if the engine hasn't been rebuilt by Audi with the updated parts then you really don't want to touch it as it's a whole world of pain, also beware of seller's that tell you it's been done. I was lucky and bought mine from a guy that had all the paperwork but I still rang the dealership that performed the work to double check.
Sticky at the top of the A4 section on "oil consumption issue" iirc

Reactions: RS5 JON
haha sake, yeah good spot mate fair enough... Just saw B8 and posted. Lets blame it on being friday eh...

thanks for the tip