A5 B9 sportsback tyre pressures??

Bobster68

Reaction score
Hi all ...im confused as to correct tyre pressures on door decal shows what should be according to loads and size of tyre.
Mine are stock bridgestone potenza s001 255 35 R19...ive put 39psi front ...36psi rear as it says on door...but dont feel right...what is M+S on the decal next to tyre size..thanks!!

The 2019 A5 sport back manual has 32 psi front and rear for normal loads on 255/35 R19 (2-3 people)

Thanks! Mine is auto. Dunno if it would make any diff??..i think 36psi or 33psi sounds ok but be good to know what pressures a5 drivers are using.

Isn't the M+S marking for all season/winter tyres?

With the 'normal' tyres I found that if I use the recommended 2 people setting the middle 2 channels of the tyre wear down faster than the outer edge! I've just put 2 new fronts on mine this week which were down to 2-3mm after just under 7,000 mile :blink: (I do a lot of stop/start trips so that doesn't help) the backs are still on 5.5mm. When I get the chance I'm going to check/drop the new ones a couple of psi below the recommended setting, 75% of journeys I'm in the car on my own anyway.

You can also use the comfort setting, but you need to keep the car in comfort mode if you do! That's the one with the information/book symbol next to it.

PS: Mine are the 18's and recommended for 2 passengers is 35psi f/32psi r and for the comfort mode is 30psi f/28psi r....so I think a happy medium for me would be 32psi f/30psi r.

After less than 7,000:
t1-jpg.193228

The new meat:
The outer edge difference where the coloured lines are was a shock!
t2-jpg.193229

Feels a lot more planted to the road now when pulling away from lights/junctions :thumbs up: especially since it hasn't stopped raining since I had them fitted! :D

Thanks! S32B..yep i will drop mine to 33f 36r as mine are 19inch....current 39f car was allover the wet road last nite with heavy rain!...