A5 Black Edition Plus

Loving the Red black edition+ looks really smart. I've ordered sepang blue which I may regret after seeing the red one. Went for the rotors don't like the new alloys although they look cool on the red one.

Thanks Robert! Colour was a tough choice for me, went for the 'unsafe' option of the red and glad I did. Saying that, if you look back through this thread someone posted a sepang blue and it looks great!! The wheels were a tough one for me, but as you say I think it compliments the red very well. I could only make up my mind if they would work on other colours if I could see them in the flesh, even the pictures of mine really don't do the wheels justice - they need to be seen in real life to get a feel for them. Once I have mine lowered with spacers on next Friday I think they will look even better, so will post pics. When does yours arrive then?

start of march hopefully it was at edmon on tuesday waiting to be shipped. How long does it take from there do you know? dealer reckons 3 weeks.

Mmm, no idea I'm afraid!! Sorry! Sure someone else here should know??

Blackstud, yes does look different to mine. Mmm, strange, almost like a hybrid bumper of old and new!!

I was very jealous when I read about the s-tronic pedals in the brochure, the manual comes with the old boring black rubber ones! Sure they will look fantastic. Really surprised at how many RS bits they've added to the car, bet RS owners can't be pleased!!

I can assure you RS owners don't care. They've got RS's.

Reactions: Dezza and DAYTONA 500
Blackstud, yes does look different to mine. Mmm, strange, almost like a hybrid bumper of old and new!!

I was very jealous when I read about the s-tronic pedals in the brochure, the manual comes with the old boring black rubber ones! Sure they will look fantastic. Really surprised at how many RS bits they've added to the car, bet RS owners can't be pleased!!

The biggest and most important bit of an RS is missing:think:.........................the engine.:jump:

Reactions: Dezza, AU11 ALS and Agric04
March is seeming so far away, I'm currently driving my girlfriends new A3 2.0tdi S-tronic, lovely car but no A5..... Trying to keep the miles below 30k on my A5 before it gets traded in, but I'm missing it :3sadwalk:

It's been an exciting day, it's arrived at the dealer just 2 weeks after being built!!! It's going to be 3 weeks before I pick it up though. I can't wait!
IMG 1055
IMG 1049

Reactions: Shrek5, AU11 ALS, RS5 JON and 1 other person
Agric04

You lucky man! Looks very nice indeed can't wait for mine now. It's good to see I was right about the RS shift paddles.. I like :jump:

Those alloy shift paddles are such a bonus. As is the proper honeycomb grill surround around the fog lights, lots of little tweaks I never knew about.

The only disappointing thing is the horrid yellow airbag warning stickers they now put on the passenger sun visor! A stupid EU safety law I imagine! Getting them to swap the visors over with my current A5 when I collect.

Why do they do that I hate to see them printed warning signs...May have to do the same or are they removable? Even the peddles look soooo nice. Have you seen the wheels in the flesh yet or were you just sent photos of the car?

I'm still in to minds about them!

Wish I hadn't seen that sepang blue! I was torn between Daytona and Sepang blue, but went with Daytona as the dealer told me Sepang wasn't standard on the A5Be+! I should have known better than to trust them. I've gone with a manual and gutted it won't come with those pedals. Not sure why they don't include these on my model though. I think the rotors will look best with Daytona but the more I see of those black gloss alloys the more I like.

The warning labels are printed on the sunvisor - You wont be able to remove them

Another alternative to swapping it over with your old car would be to order a new drivers visor from a left hand drive European car.

Yeah saw the car in the flesh, the wheels are definitely better in the flesh. They also had my original order, same spec but a red black edition sat in the showroom and it looks quite bland with the rotors on against this, so really pleased with my choice.....may change my mind when it comes to cleaning the wheels!

I'm currently waiting on a price to have Audi's active exhaust fitted to my car so it looks the same as the 3.0tdi. The exhaust also connects into the drive select and changes the exhaust sound depending on the mode selected, hopefully it's good and not a gimmick. Although it's a genuine Audi upgrade I don't think many people are aware of it, Lincoln Audi have never fitted one and they seem quite enthusiastic about doing it, hopefully I'll get a good deal. I know I could have an aftermarket sports exhaust but keen to keep the oem look and if Audi do it I can add it to the finance and get it covered by the gap insurance.

Also thinking about asking if they could do a deal on an S5 brake upgrade, hoping they might be able to restock the standard brakes to bring the price down.....but I'm less optimistic this upgrade is going to be a goer! At least they're getting my standard brake callipers painted for me foc

IMG 1053
Here's a pic of my original order, which I also saw sat in the showroom yesterday, arrived in December, they forgot to cancel my original order, then forgot to put it into the system as available so it's been sat doing nothing for 3 months with my name against it! Great looking car but a little bland imo now against a BE+! I'm sure someone will get a great deal on this.View attachment 51444

Last edited:
The ride height on my new car looks stupidly high but it should settle down, they'd only just removed the transport blocks from the car when I took the pics!

Loving the Red black edition+ looks really smart. I've ordered sepang blue which I may regret after seeing the red one. Went for the rotors don't like the new alloys although they look cool on the red one.

Has your car arrived yet? Mine was a week 6 build and it's landed at the dealers :jump:

You were right sticking with the BE+

I was told build week 6 then for some reason it's jumped to 8 been told mid March! Just hoping they come back in a weeks time and say it's been bought forward to beginning of March...:)

I must say though I do like that blue!!!!

Last edited:
Wish I hadn't seen that sepang blue! I was torn between Daytona and Sepang blue, but went with Daytona as the dealer told me Sepang wasn't standard on the A5Be+! I should have known better than to trust them. I've gone with a manual and gutted it won't come with those pedals. Not sure why they don't include these on my model though. I think the rotors will look best with Daytona but the more I see of those black gloss alloys the more I like.

My local Audi dealer has just had a BE+ Daytona Grey SportBack Edition come in ill post some pictures of it later....

I was told build week 6 then for some reason it's jumped to 8 been told mid March! Just hoping they come back in a weeks time and say it's been bought forward to beginning of March...:)

I was told on Wednesday my car was going to be another 2 weeks before it would arrive….the very next day I was told it would arrive in the next 24 hrs!!! My sales guy was amazed it arrived so quickly…maybe you'll get lucky too.

That would be nice!

I've just been down to my local dealer to see my first BE+ In Daytona Grey it looks really nice and finally igot to see the Black Alloys and I like:uk:

They look so much better in the flesh.

Anyway I will post the pictures for lacraig.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 578
Reactions: AU11 ALS and Agric04
The ride height on my new car looks stupidly high but it should settle down, they'd only just removed the transport blocks from the car when I took the pics!

Was thinking it looked like it had Q5 suspension fitted

Love the colour

Was thinking it looked like it had Q5 suspension fitted

I do hope the suspension settles!

Having never driven or seen one with drive select adjustable dampers, I've no idea what the ride height will be or what it'll be like to drive! I'm excited to find out though.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Nice one blackstud, really appriciate your efforts here. I swapped to the rotors so will post some pics next Sunday when I pick it up. Nothing wrong with those black gloss wheels mind. Love the stealthy look hence picking Daytona, I didn't want to go with mythos black as I think you'd lose the new black detailing.

Haven't seen a BE+ yet with rotors so that would be good to see.....hope it doesn't sway me from my glossy's!

Hi Lacraig

I was torn between Daytona or Mythos Black, I will let you know what the black is like when it finally arrives!

The grey is very nice in the flesh especially with the black alloys which look great against the grey, I just felt the rotors looked a bit dated saying that you won't be disappointed it looks very nice trust me!! Glad I could help with the pictures....:)

I can safely say having had mine for the past few weeks, the suspension still looks like a Q5's!! I'm having mine lowered Tuesday (was meant to be last Friday but the garage ran out of time) so will post pictures afterwards - but to give you an idea of current height see a pic I took last Friday. Looks ridiculous to me!!
IMG 2570

Reactions: Billy Ambler
I can safely say having had mine for the past few weeks, the suspension still looks like a Q5's!! I'm having mine lowered Tuesday (was meant to be last Friday but the garage ran out of time) so will post pictures afterwards - but to give you an idea of current height see a pic I took last Friday. Looks ridiculous to me!!View attachment 51630

You are right, that really does look too high! My 2014 BE is quite high but not as high as that... Although now we've had the A4 dropped on Coilovers it's certainly made mine look worse when parked alongside!

I can imagine! I've ordered my wife's new A3 with the S-Line suspension as the "sport" is just way too high. I'd hate to know what the SE suspension looks like!

Vervdc how are those glossies to clean?

I've been keeping on top of keeping the car clean, and so with a snow foam/rinse and some autoglym custom wheel cleaner sprayed on I haven't really needed to touch them (except to dry)! Just rinse them off after with the pressure washer and come out gleaming. I'm going to look at them Sat and see if they need a better clean, and will get the brush out. Will let you know how I get on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 504
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 455