A5 Black Edition Plus

vervdc

Reaction score
Hi guys, having just taken delivery of my Black Edition Plus - I thought I'd share a few pictures as I know I couldn't find any online yet (only a 3D rendering) which made it difficult to visualise the new changes. I was really concerned about the new wheels (in black gloss) and side blade in black, and was even looking into changing the wheels to the titanium rotors and having the blades colour coded to match the body - however after seeing it the flesh, I think they all look fantastic and work so well together. The pics don't do the changes justice, but may help someone who was in the same position as me.

As a side note, I could not recommend Chris and Damian from Amersham Audi enough. I've bought from a couple different Audi dealerships in the past, and they blew the others out the water. The quality of service, and the feeling of not being sold to once was great, and I'll only ever buy from them going forward.

Anyway, here are a couple pics from the showroom floor (will take some more tomorrow in daylight from better angles)

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Welshy, Agric04 and 1 other person
Looks like a lovely car, however two more things I've noticed different over my 64 plate black edition.

You have gloss black mirror caps and a boot spoiler has been fitted. Optional extras or come as standard fitment on the BE+?

Quite like the blades black but can't say I'm a huge fan of them wheels. Although I do think Audi needed a change from the Rotors that they've slapped on nearly everything they sell.

Yes the gloss black mirrors and "enhanced boot spoiler" now come as standard. Cant see from these pics however the front bumper is quite different now too, and follows the RS look with larger air intakes and front spoiler in gloss black.

Still making my mind up on the wheels, think I need to live with them for a couple weeks to decide. I've never been a fan of black wheels, and always liked the look of the rotors - however as you say the one benefit is that they are a little different to all the rotors on the others which I've even started to see pop up on VW's etc. (obviously not as standard) but nice to have something a little different.

Oh, and the grill and rear diffuser is now gloss black as a posed to matt black as before.

Love the mirrors and blades. Alloys look after market to me - leave it a month and see if they grow on you.

You could probably flog on fleabay and get another set cheaper, but don't rush in until the weather improves, they'll only get filthy.

What engine you gone for?

Nice motor, quite like the gloss black look on the mirrors and blades. I think the wheels also go well against the red, needs gloss black rings on the boot lid to finish the rear off though, IMO. :idea:
Enjoy.
JG

Thanks guys. The wheels seem to already be growing on me, and only really because the black works so well against the red and work nicely with all the black trim. My only concern as mentioned is I wanted to avoid the "aftermarket" look. I'm hoping when a few more are on the road mine won't seem aftermarket. I'll see how I feel in a month, and decide what I'll do at that point.

I just went for the 1.8 TFSI, I traded in an A4 Black Edition 2.0 diesel and fancied going back to petrol. Feels like I have to learn to drive one again, forget that I still have plenty time to change gears between redline!

Hi

Thanks for posting your pictures, your car looks fantastic. I've been waiting weeks for someone to put a picture of the BEP online rather than looking at the sketch in the audi brochure. l have a Mythos, Black Edition Plus S-Tronic Quattro, Sportback on order and l too was a little worried about the black wheels but I think they look quite nice makes a change from the titanium rotors!

What did you go for manual or DSG?

Mine should be here around March 5th, can't wait…. Enjoy your new car it looks great :)

No problem at all, and thanks very much! :) I know, so frustrating not being able to an actual photo, the builder makes the wheels look silver and the brochures sketch doesn't help much either. It's definitely best to see in person, the pictures really don't do it justice. And on a myth is black they will look fantastic! I had an extremely tough choice deciding between the black and red, but ultimately went for red as I had seen the older black edition in red at the showroom and it caught my eye. Please post pics when it arrives! Wow, nice spec, I went for manual (non-Quattro) although will spec my next like yours (just bought a new house in December so was tough to justify the extra spend right now).

Not long then, just over a month, bet you can't wait!! I ordered my wife a new A3 S-Line last week which arrives end of March, so she feels your pain waiting! Hope you enjoy your arrival

No problem at all, and thanks very much! :) I know, so frustrating not being able to an actual photo, the builder makes the wheels look silver and the brochures sketch doesn't help much either. It's definitely best to see in person, the pictures really don't do it justice. And on a myth is black they will look fantastic! I had an extremely tough choice deciding between the black and red, but ultimately went for red as I had seen the older black edition in red at the showroom and it caught my eye. Please post pics when it arrives! Wow, nice spec, I went for manual (non-Quattro) although will spec my next like yours (just bought a new house in December so was tough to justify the extra spend right now).

Not long then, just over a month, bet you can't wait!! I ordered my wife a new A3 S-Line last week which arrives end of March, so she feels your pain waiting! Hope you enjoy your arrival

Any chance of some front shots when you get time?

The new A3 is a fantastic car as well, your wife is very lucky!! I had a Red A3 before otherwise I would have chosen Red thought I'd go for Black for a change. Any chance of a few front end shots when you get time?

I pick up a BE+ in March (already arrived at the dealership just waiting for the new reg plates). I went for daytona grey and I ordered it with rotors as I didn't think id like the black gloss alloys. I'll post a few picks for you guys to compare. Got to admit that the contrast with the red does look good.

Yes of course, Ill take a couple before I take off to work this morning.

Yes the new A3 is a great looking car, especially with the S-Line body kit! After picking up my car on Friday, she noticed a black one parked up (the colour I told her to get) and so now I'm trying to see if the dealer can change it from the originally ordered Amalfi white. The build might have already been confirmed so might not be able to unfortunately. Did look fantastic in black so hope they can! Yes she's very lucky, especially as her work is less than a mile up the road! However was all tactical - it will become the "family" car once we have kids in the next couple years, which meant that I could get a coupe! :)

Very nice, the rotors are always going to look great - I would have gone for them myself however I was impatient so couldn't wait until March (mainly because trade in values drop then due to everyone trading their cars in same time) so chose the black wheels as my spec car was in stock with them. I'm not sure what they would look like with other colours, however as you mention I think works well against the red. They will also look good with Mythos Black and Daytona Grey I think, I'm not sure about the white though. May look amazing, but I'd need to see one in the flesh. Bet you can't wait for March to come?! Perfectly timed for spring.

As requested...

Attachments

• IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,559
  • IMG_2531.JPG
    IMG_2531.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,334
Got to love that 'mean' look! I was so tempted to get either the red or sepang blue but bottled it (wife made her feelings clear). March can't come soon enough, but I do already have a phantom black A5 BE so I just hope I get that new car buzz. Looking forward to heated seats, sat nav, cruise control and folding mirrors, which in my opinion should have been standard on my phantom anyway!

Yeah does look so aggressive, love it! The new bumper looks great with the exaggerated air intakes. Haha, funnily enough my wife was actually keen for me to get red!! Ah ok, I do know what you mean, I had a new A4 Black Edition which I had for 11 months and so interior was nearly identical, but still feels like a completely different/new car. I do agree, should all be standard for that money, especially folding mirrors! Saying that, the new A5 comes with most things standard, I just chucked on folding mirrors, interior light pack and hill start assist. My A4 cost more than the A5 with all the extras I had to add, gets expensive very quickly!!

Hi Vervdc

Very nice, loving the black centre lip sets the car off.. And the deeper side vents very nice indeed. As above can't wait to get mine.
Would be nice to see other members BE+ when they arrive! :footy:

I've just had a close up look at you fog grills
Do they not have fog lights built in unless it's the angle the photos taken at I could have sworn I see them in the brochure?

Thanks Blackstud! Yeah am looking forward to seeing others be+'s in different colours, as well as on the road.

Yes they do have fog lights, however think they have done well to "hide" them to keep the darker look.

As you can see from the previous BE above the front has completely changed, For the better!

Definitely a noticeable difference, looks far more aggressive now and a little bit more modern IMO. Very subtle though, only Audi enthusiasts will really tell the difference I guess when driving around.

Oh you shouldn't have posted that last picture, I now need to upgrade.

Wonder if I could just do the fog's?..:idea:

Hi

Apparently it's based on the S5 bumper the fog grills are slightly larger in diameter, I nearly bought the one in the picture glad I didn't now! :yahoo:

Haha, think I may have!!! :arco:

Although having done some eagle eyed image searches/configurator builds - I think the BE+ bumper is more in line with the RS5 bumper, not S5. You'll notice the air intakes are larger than the S5, and don't have the 'lip' that runs around them. They also protrude more like the RS5. The only difference is the RS5 doesn't have the fog lights, whereas the BE+ and S5 do. I may be completely wrong but think that is the case, and I've read the same mentioned on another forum thread with comparison pictures. Either way, all I care about is that it looks GOOD! :livid:

Your right I've just had a good look it is more in like with the RS5 that's even more of a bonus

Looks awesome :icon thumright:

Does look a beuty and the alloys look great too

I want one now but have to wait till Dec when Im planning to get one :)

Yeah exactly!

Thanks Invincible!! The wheels have definitely grown on me, particularly against the red. Only annoying thing now is the salt all over the bodywork from the roads, hate winter! With that being said, just ordered a pressure washer and snow foam lance to keep it clean and salt free each weekend. Come spring I can get my full Autoglym kit out and really get to work!

Ah very nice, at least by then you'd have been able to get an idea of all the colours and make an informed choice as a posed to praying it looks good when it arrives like me!

Don't worry you made a good choice of colour. I can't belive no one else has posted a picture of the new ED+

I like the rotors, but those wheels look boss. I prefer them to the rotors.

I've been having exactly the same wheel worries! Awaiting delivery of my sepang blue 2.0tdi Quattro stronic BE+ in March. Not 100% sure about the new gloss black wheels, actually tried to change my wheels to the rotors, but the build is confirmed so got to stick with the new wheels, they looked awesome on the configurator, and are growing on me, trouble is the rotors are an awesome wheel, but getting so common!

I have the standard S-Line alloys on my Scuba Blue 2012 Facelift cab, and tbh a set of rotors or the glossies would be a very acceptable addition :)
I think the glossies just pip the rotors only because the rotors have been around for a few years now. Both are great looking wheels imho.

Here's some pictures of a 3.0tdi BE+ my sales guy sent me so I could see what my car will look like…..only trouble is I've got dual exhaust envy as mine will be a 2.0tdi.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 2,135
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,081
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,082
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 2,633
Reactions: AU11 ALS
Here's some pictures of a 3.0tdi BE+ my sales guy sent me so I could see what my car will look like…..only trouble is I've got dual exhaust envy as mine will be a 2.0tdi.
No worries there with the wheels, they look mint with the blue! I've got wheel envy!! Wish I didn't do so few miles (6000 in 3 years!) as when the tyres get low it's an excuse to buy new wheels with tyres. Very nice...

Reactions: Agric04
No worries there with the wheels, they look mint with the blue! I've got wheel envy!! Wish I didn't do so few miles (6000 in 3 years!) as when the tyres get low it's an excuse to buy new wheels with tyres. Very nice...

That's rather smart!

Your car looks great, love the gloss black bits. We are doing this to our A4 in the next couple of weeks with exception of the side blades

My car came from Amersham Audi, as have the other 10 or so I've ordered for work. Love my A5 BE, although now our A4 Avant is on Coilovers makes the A5 look like its on stilts!

Beautiful car in the sepang blue...I am awaiting my a5 black edition plus in ibis white, due middle of March.
There is so much mixed opinion of the new gloss black wheels. I actually chose the rotors over the blacks; as for me the blacks look so 'max power' aftermarket...as if designed by a 14 year old boy. The rotors may be common but the simplicity and refined satin finish really set the prestige of this car off.
However, life would be boring if we all liked the same! Bet you can't wait!

Would be good to see others pictures when they receive there new black edition +.
Has anybody received one in white yet? Very little images to be found anywhere...building the anticipation.