A5 Black Edition Plus

Just got a message to say that my Floret Silver BE+ has made it to the local depot from Grimsby - should be ready early next week for pickup !!!!

Lucky you that's where mines stuck!!!!

Post a picture would be nice to see it in Silver.

Mines been there since 4th March so hopefully it's on the next truck very soon ...thanks:icon thumright:

Just a couple of photos from a protection detail I did on my new A5 BE+ at the weekend.

Image Image Image Image

Well my new Sepang has arrived. Possibly pick her up next weekend, work dependent!

5ceb9cd984eed14164c3cde312259d68.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Shrek5
As promised, a few pics of my a5 be+ in ibis white!! Collected last Saturday. Absolutely love it...or more does the wife who gets to drive it to and from work daily while I commute into London! The rotors are darker than I expected which looks great against the white. The extra black bits pop too. First snow foam wash to come Saturday! Standard sports suspension too which rides nicely too!

Photos of my be+ in ibis white

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,111
Reactions: Bobblejones
Paul

The car looks very nice, I'm liking the black mirrors and black blade the wife should get some looks in that Lol :eagerness:

Sure does! Filling up at petrol station and blokes say nice headlights!

Very pleased with it!

Only have slight issue that audi need to fix using vagcom machine. We have the interior light package but this does not activate when it gets dark or stay on when the lights are set to auto as suggested- by this I mean the ambient footwell lighting which looks great at night when it's in. It's a setting that needs unlocking from the secret menu that we cannot access on our screen.

Hi Paul

Is that a problem with all A5 BE+ with the LED pack, only this was one of the features that made me chose the this?

Ah the wait is over, picked mine up this morning. So pleased I had the brake calipers painted black, they look sweet behind the black wheels. Neatest feature I've just discovered so far is on my electric seats, the head rests are electrically adjustable.

Already plugged the car into vcds and activated the alarm chirp when you lock the car. Will get some pics posted soon.

Wow I like the idea of the head rests being electric as well can't wait, l must be the only one left waiting for my Black BE+ Its been sititing at Sheerness Port for the last three weeks apparently there is a hold up there and cars are not getting out? :sob:

Ah the wait is over, picked mine up this morning. So pleased I had the brake calipers painted black, they look sweet behind the black wheels. Neatest feature I've just discovered so far is on my electric seats, the head rests are electrically adjustable.

Already plugged the car into vcds and activated the alarm chirp when you lock the car. Will get some pics posted soon.

Did you have the callipers painted at the factory or was it something your dealer arranged? Thanks

I'm not sure if the dealer would charge to activate the alarm as I never asked, I've got the vcds cable and software so was no problem to do it myself.

The brake calipers were painted by the dealer foc as part of the deal I negotiated at the beginning. Having seen the calipers on my 2 year old A5 go rusty I didn't want this one doing the same in 2 years time. I'm expecting to keep this car quite a few years, other than more power this car has everything on it I could wish for.

One irritation I found last night is I'm not sure I like the adaptive headlights turning on the fog lights when I turn a corner. The fog light bulbs produce quite a yellow light compared to the xenon headlights, must be a whiter fog light bulb I can upgrade to. Pity the fog lights aren't led.

This is something I bought up before, why fit LED headlights then leave the fogs normal?

At black stud... Got my car going into audi Friday to have them look at recoding the ambient light settings, keep you posted or maybe others can answer how there ambient lighting behaves?

Paulchat007

Thanks....it'll be interesting to see what they say?

3 hours to go before picking up my Floret Silver BE+ with 19" rotors! Will post pics later

At black stud... Got my car going into audi Friday to have them look at recoding the ambient light settings, keep you posted or maybe others can answer how there ambient lighting behaves?

From Warren's S5 build thread:

INTERIOR AMBIENT LIGHTING CONTROL (3G MMI HIGH FL MODELS)

Thought I'd share this as this isn't as straightforward as earlier cars:

1 - Using VCDS
To enable Ambient Lighting.

[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to "1" - (1 = active) - there is a checkbox for this on latest version of VCDS so you can check it rather than change coding string.

Now (if you haven't done it previously) unlock the hidden menu for the MMI 3g and activation of the footwell lighting

Select STG 5F (Infotainment)
Adaptation 10
Channel number 06 set to to "1"

You've now done with VCDS so turn that off as we need to access the next set up changes via the MMI unit:

2 - Using hidden MMI Menu
The Hidden Menu is enabled using combination of the following keys 'Menu' & 'Car' (both keys together), and hold down for about 4-5 seconds until 'green menu' appears.

To enable Interior Light in MMI Hidden Menu

-> car -> cardevicelist

interior_light_hidden_menu_mmi3g1.png

-> car -> carmenuoperation -> Interior Light -> value to 5

interior_light_hidden_menu_mmi3g.png

FOR the new facelift models (2012 onward) you must also make the following change:

-> car / carbusassignment (set the value of interior light to CAN comfort set by scrolling the options - there are many)

audi_a5_8t_facelift_hidden_menu_car_carbusassignment.png

3 - Perform MMI reset

MMI reset (facelift) Press and hold the function button -1 - (Menu), the confirmation button -2 -, as well as the navigation button -3 -. simultaneously The MMI then goes down and restarts Takes about 60 seconds.)

Audi_A4_A5_Q5_MMI_Bedieneinheit_reset_neustart.png

When the system reboots you should be confronted with a menu in the MMI like this (In the Car systems menu)

IMG_3419.JPG

If you do it wrong (like I did last night), it will look like this:

IMG_3417.JPG

And voila you have permanent LED footwell lighting (which uses very little energy). I changed Audi's single LED bulb to Trups' 4 LED version to give a bit more light. Will report on what that is like in due course.

IMG_3418.jpg

This is what I have done with mine and it works great :thumbs up:

:box:
We've had an A6 stuck at port too, was built 19/02 and still not at the dealer
BlackEd what dealer are you with mine is Swindon Audi I'm having an absolute nightmare with them been told they can't do anything until 10 days have passed which I don't believe for a minute. Might give Audi UK a call it's been sitting down Sheerness since 3rd March..:footy:

Picked mine up yesterday and it looks amazing

Reactions: TheFiftheElement and AU11 ALS
:box:
BlackEd what dealer are you with mine is Swindon Audi I'm having an absolute nightmare with them been told they can't do anything until 10 days have passed which I don't believe for a minute. Might give Audi UK a call it's been sitting down Sheerness since 3rd March..:footy:

It's Amersham Audi... Car is arriving tomorrow I believe

Another loyal rotor fan! Contrast with the black looks great (just not as nice as my daytona ;))

Reactions: AU11 ALS
It's Amersham Audi... Car is arriving tomorrow I believe

I was there last night picking up my wife's new A3, are you dealing with Damian or Chris by chance? Both great guys! My favourite part of visiting them is their coffee machine - best cappuccino's I've had! haha. Enjoy getting your new car!! Looking forward to pics. Oh, and check out the RS7 they have on the floor at the moment, beautiful

I deal with the fleet manager, Javeel..

That RS7 has been outside the showroom for the last week or so, looking a f'ing awesome! Had one on demo last year for a week, loved it but wouldn't have my licence now if I drove it any longer!

Ok, I don't think I've met Javeel actually.

It does look amazing, sitting inside it feels great too - quality of finish is exceptional. Haha I know what you mean, having so much power requires a lot of will power that I just don't personally have!!

Ok, I don't think I've met Javeel actually.

It does look amazing, sitting inside it feels great too - quality of finish is exceptional. Haha I know what you mean, having so much power requires a lot of will power that I just don't personally have!!

Image Image

Finally got collected my car today! Why are the LED front and rear footwell lights not active whilst driving with LED pack?

Reactions: AU11 ALS