A5 Black Edition Plus

I posted this on the previous page about how to enable the interior ambient lighting. Basically you need to enable it with VCDS.
From Warren's S5 build thread:

INTERIOR AMBIENT LIGHTING CONTROL (3G MMI HIGH FL MODELS)

Thought I'd share this as this isn't as straightforward as earlier cars:

1 - Using VCDS
To enable Ambient Lighting.

[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to "1" - (1 = active) - there is a checkbox for this on latest version of VCDS so you can check it rather than change coding string.

Now (if you haven't done it previously) unlock the hidden menu for the MMI 3g and activation of the footwell lighting

Select STG 5F (Infotainment)
Adaptation 10
Channel number 06 set to to "1"

You've now done with VCDS so turn that off as we need to access the next set up changes via the MMI unit:

2 - Using hidden MMI Menu
The Hidden Menu is enabled using combination of the following keys 'Menu' & 'Car' (both keys together), and hold down for about 4-5 seconds until 'green menu' appears.

To enable Interior Light in MMI Hidden Menu

-> car -> cardevicelist

interior_light_hidden_menu_mmi3g1.png

-> car -> carmenuoperation -> Interior Light -> value to 5

interior_light_hidden_menu_mmi3g.png

FOR the new facelift models (2012 onward) you must also make the following change:

-> car / carbusassignment (set the value of interior light to CAN comfort set by scrolling the options - there are many)

audi_a5_8t_facelift_hidden_menu_car_carbusassignment.png

3 - Perform MMI reset

MMI reset (facelift) Press and hold the function button -1 - (Menu), the confirmation button -2 -, as well as the navigation button -3 -. simultaneously The MMI then goes down and restarts Takes about 60 seconds.)

Audi_A4_A5_Q5_MMI_Bedieneinheit_reset_neustart.png

When the system reboots you should be confronted with a menu in the MMI like this (In the Car systems menu)

IMG_3419.JPG

If you do it wrong (like I did last night), it will look like this:

IMG_3417.JPG

And voila you have permanent LED footwell lighting (which uses very little energy). I changed Audi's single LED bulb to Trups' 4 LED version to give a bit more light. Will report on what that is like in due course.

IMG_3418.jpg

This is what I have done with mine and it works great :thumbs up:

Reactions: AU11 ALS
GlynRS2

Thanks this is fantastic I will give it a go!

Would my daughter be able to activate her coming home lights in this menu in her New S3?

Do you have to be in any setting does the radio need to be off and does engine have to be on.

I just tried holding down menu and car but nothing happens. (2015 A5 BE+)

Hi guys just picked up my a5 esition plus

Thought I would share some pics too

Jaz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 857
2nd pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 882
Your car looks good, what engine did you opt for?

Had my 2.0tdi Quattro 2 weeks now and loving it, it drives and handles completely differently to my old 2.0tdi FWD. Only problem is it seems to be attracting stone chips on the windscreen! 27k miles in the old one and not a single one, 1k miles in the new one and I've already got 2 and booked autoglass in for a repair!

Still not sure about my glossy black wheels, rotors look wrong in titanium imo on the BE+ and should be satin black as pictured in the Audi configurator but I find the glossy black wheels although a nice wheel just look like a solid black wheel to me, think I'd prefer it if they were as pictured in the configurator so you see the detail of the wheel more.

Your car looks good, what engine did you opt for?

Had my 2.0tdi Quattro 2 weeks now and loving it, it drives and handles completely differently to my old 2.0tdi FWD. Only problem is it seems to be attracting stone chips on the windscreen! 27k miles in the old one and not a single one, 1k miles in the new one and I've already got 2 and booked autoglass in for a repair!

Still not sure about my glossy black wheels, rotors look wrong in titanium imo on the BE+ and should be satin black as pictured in the Audi configurator but I find the glossy black wheels although a nice wheel just look like a solid black wheel to me, think I'd prefer it if they were as pictured in the configurator so you see the detail of the wheel more.

Hi it's a 2litre diesel fwd.... I really like the wheels ...makes it stand out:)

Picking up one of these in sepang blue tomorrow... Not mine, (her indoors). All her own choice! I'm proud of her!

They list the b8.5 so all should be fine

Wonderful.
Couldn't be happier.
You just made my long weekend.
Will order it today.

Much appreciated. :)

You seem to be the guy who knows all about A5. Any recommendations for good full body wrap ? Satin black ? near Crawley area.

Wonderful.
Couldn't be happier.
You just made my long weekend.
Will order it today.

Much appreciated. :)

You seem to be the guy who knows all about A5. Any recommendations for good full body wrap ? Satin black ? near Crawley area.

No worries :)

Unfortunately not in your local area, I can 100% recommend a place in the midlands that does an awesome job.. Midlands Car Care

My brother has a wrapped A5 that was done by premier in Southampton and looks to be a good job.

WOW
Many thanks.
You're star.

Now one more question.
Will it fit easily ? Like direct replacement or will i need some modification.

Also my A5 is March 2015. Any issues ?
Sorry for the late reply, the only thing is it comes with black rings on it, take your time and put the grill near some heat to aid getting it loose, it's a real ball ache but apart from that straight on.

Does the bumper have to be removed to fit the grill or is it just a straight swap?

First post.. Go easy.

I recently ordered a new Audi A5 - 3.0 TDI quattro S-Tronic BE+. I'm trading in my current 12 plate Audi A4 2.0 TDI 143 PS BE (Lava Grey).

I have to say thanks to those of you who have contributed to this thread! The information most definitely helped me with decisions on colour etc.. I opted for Daytona Grey in the end as I thought it would offset the black gloss wheels and other black trim the best.

My build week is 19 and each week seems to be going agonsingly slowly at the moment! I've been told it could arrive by the end of May fingers crossed.. As anyone had their build week brought forward?

Cheers, Richie.

Hi Richie

You won't be disappointed I have the Mythos Black. I was the one who posted the Daytona Grey on here so I have seen the car in person it looks fantastic trust me but the car drives even better I have the s Tronic and I'm so please with it I get so many looks as I drive round I'm so please with mine well worth the wait trust me. Although I know each day seems forever be patient and enjoy the ride!:footy:

Hi guys just took delivery of my sepang BE+
Well happy with it did a full detail as soon as I got it home its a FWD tdi 2.0
20150406 162745

Hi guys just took delivery of my sepang BE+
Well happy with it did a full detail as soon as I got it home its a FWD tdi 2.0 View attachment 55782

I was a bit torn between Sepang Blue and Daytona Grey - I think they both offset the black wheels and trim beautifully! I opted for Daytona mainly because I think it really matches the wheels and partly because one of my best mates has got a BMW 4 Series in that colour so I didn't want mine to be too similar... But Jesus Sepang Blue looks good!

One month in and 2000 miles on the clock, I'm loving the toys and the look of the BE+, but I'm finding the 2.0tdi with the Quattto S-tronic really flat, especially when over taking, it seems a lot flatter than my previous 2.0tdi fwd manual. Think I should have found the extra pennies for the 3.0tdi! Looks like I might be going down the remap route sooner than I had planned to!

I have to agree, I'm just come coming up to 2000 mark The pull away is there but after that it feels a bit dull. Audi should have upped the 177bhp to 200!, I still love the A5 over the A4 it's a fantastic car, anyone experienced the sloooow CD loading?

Hello fellow Audi owners!

I've just put the deposit down on my new Audi A5 Black Edition Plus (2.0 TDI coupe) in misano red with the new Y black gloss 19 inch alloys.

The pictures on this forum are the only I can find of the new BE+ (thanks Vervdc).

How are people finding their A5s? This is the first Audi I will have owned - it's getting delivered at the beginning of March.

After seeing the pictures though, I am slightly concerned about the high wheel arches - as I saw stated earlier, they do look far too high. Any ideas on if Audi can use lower springs and whether I can get it lowered by them or will I have to get it done privately?

I am only 21, so insurance was a slight issue - hence I didn't get a 3.0TDI or Quattro... Still, I figured the one I've chosen is the next best thing! :)

Thanks,

B

Double V

Yes they are, mines the Black one its my fourth Audi and I love it, the amount of looks the car gets is amazing and the car drives suburb Billy Ambler you will not be disappointed it's a suburb car did you mean delivery in May and not March?

Reactions: Double V
Ah great! Thanks for the reply! That's exactly what I wanted when ordering - a car that turns heads!

And yes, my bad - beginning of May! Two weeks today, in fact!

Enjoy, I've seen that colour very nice against the black trim!!!

All

I have just washed my black edition plus (black wheels) and I must say the alloys are a mission to clean.....anyone have any good tips/products that they have been using that will reduce the time dramatically

Much appreciated

Jas

All

I have just washed my black edition plus (black wheels) and I must say the alloys are a mission to clean.....anyone have any good tips/products that they have been using that will reduce the time dramatically

Much appreciated

Jas
Bilberry wheel cleaner, works wonders on my rotors. Finish of with Planet Polish wheel sealant.
JG

Jas,

I've found the same - the gloss black is dirty/dusty within a few miles of the car being driven.

If you find a way to keep the buggers clean, let me know!

Billy

Jas,

I've found the same - the gloss black is dirty/dusty within a few miles of the car being driven.

If you find a way to keep the buggers clean, let me know!

Billy

That's two points then ...

1. Any good tools products to clean them in reduced time
2. Anything that prevents the build up so quickly

Jas