A5 Black Edition Plus

Loving all the pics!! Only thing putting me off is the ncap! Is it ok without

Do not be worried, so there was a big thing a few years ago about the dealers not knowing about Euro NCap ratings on cars. The majority of cars that have a rating are tested because that's a vital part of the decision process in selling /buying the car for example a family car. The A5 is not aimed at families so wasn't tested, however it's still built to the exact same standard and based on the A4 platform that is exceptional.

My personal experience with the A5 I can actually comment on how it is in a crash. I had a spinal injection after a major back injury and my first beast 59 plate 3.0l Quattro TDI was written off (19 k's worth of damage) after I got hit on the rear, hit a curb and spun 540 degrees into a wall and I walked away with no further problems and promptly bought a 63 one.

I couldn't ask for better protection other than, morons on the road not killing my baby! Hope this helps.

Reactions: Audib5fan
Do not be worried, so there was a big thing a few years ago about the dealers not knowing about Euro NCap ratings on cars. The majority of cars that have a rating are tested because that's a vital part of the decision process in selling /buying the car for example a family car. The A5 is not aimed at families so wasn't tested, however it's still built to the exact same standard and based on the A4 platform that is exceptional.

My personal experience with the A5 I can actually comment on how it is in a crash. I had a spinal injection after a major back injury and my first beast 59 plate 3.0l Quattro TDI was written off (19 k's worth of damage) after I got hit on the rear, hit a curb and spun 540 degrees into a wall and I walked away with no further problems and promptly bought a 63 one.

I couldn't ask for better protection other than, morons on the road not killing my baby! Hope this helps.
Thanks for this mate put me at ease! Shame about the car:(, just got to find the right car now :)

Just remember we know more about the cars than the dealers..... But I'll always have an audi after that and the crappest year of my life, best way to cheer up is spend s#*t loads on a bigger and better one good luck and buy soon so we can see your new beast.

Reactions: mister.c., RS5 JON and Audib5fan
Just remember we know more about the cars than the dealers..... But I'll always have an audi after that and the crappest year of my life, best way to cheer up is spend s#*t loads on a bigger and better one good luck and buy soon so we can see your new beast.
Ok thanks for that mate! Ever since i was a kid i wanted a audi and now that i got enough to get one i just got to decide which i been looking at getting a a3 or a5 coupe

Coupe all the way...... I keep calling my mate Pinocchio as he still has an A3, he'll be a real boy soon

Dear All,
Having been lurking here since about February, I though it was about time I posted a huge thankyou. This thread was, for a long time the only source of information/photographs of the A5 BE+ that I could find anywhere on the net. It helped me while away the wait, which thankfully is nearly over. My 1st ever brand new car landed at the dealership today. Beyond excited...
What a beaut!

Reactions: vervdc and TheFiftheElement
A few images of my little beauty....

Reactions: mr_ash80, S5Dee, vervdc and 1 other person
Hi

Has anyone who specced a towbar on the BE+ got a photo of how concealed it is?

Does it involve any bumper cuts?

Hi

Has anyone who specced a towbar on the BE+ got a photo of how concealed it is?

Does it involve any bumper cuts?

I have the removable tow bar option and will post a picture next week for you when I get back from my holiday...

It is very well concealed and there aren't any tell tale signs once removed from the vehicle. It is very easy to fit and there is a very neat storage compartment in the boot for it when not in use.

Reactions: mr_ash80
I noticed the door panels have changed looks like there the RS door handles on the interior?

Ouch - ordered my Sportback BE+ yesterday and just been given build week 50!

Hoping it comes forward a bit, cos that's going to be a long wait otherwise!

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you guys.

Ordered the A5 BE+

NewHi All,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you guys.

Ordered the A5 BE+ In white back in April and the decision was all thanks to this thread. Couldn't find pics or info about it anywhere!

The Mrs wanted to get a C Class coupe but I put my foot down with the Audi. Our car before this is a Fiat 500 so am looking forward to getting this beauty.

Most people in our area drive Mercs and after comparing the 2 it was a no brainier.

It's in white and have opted for the interior light pack, parking assist, folding mirrors and the panoramic roof.

Will hopefully be ready to pick up at beginning of Sep.

... Forgot to mention it's the 2.0TDI Quattro multi

Lovely car indeed. Love red/black combo.

Would.look awsome if it were a little lower tho.

But very nice indeed.

Hey everyone, although it's only been 10 months I'm looking at selling. As you might have seen with the last few I've had, I tend to get bored around the one year mark and so now looking to get into something with a bit more grunt and with an s-tronic gearbox :) I'll be sticking something up on the classifieds, I'm not in a hurry and so not advertising it anywhere else but on here as I'd rather it go to an enthusiast if I can help it.

I have to agree, I'm just come coming up to 2000 mark The pull away is there but after that it feels a bit dull. Audi should have upped the 177bhp to 200!, I still love the A5 over the A4 it's a fantastic car, anyone experienced the sloooow CD loading?
@Blackstud and @Agric04 It's all down to the throttle map. Put a DTUK pedalbox on it and you will not believe the difference it makes. Your power will be the same as it does not change anything but the throttle position, but your access to your torque is night'n'day.
I've messed around tuning cars for 15 years and these things blew me away with their effectiveness.

I'm booked in for a Revo remap on 2nd December. Hoping it makes the night and day difference I've experienced in my previous cars. Had hoped I'd make do until the end of the warranty, but the 2.0tdi just has no go in standard form!

Scott.T thanks I have the pedal bo X already can't be live how it's transformed the box.

Let us know what the maps like I had the Revo Stage 2 on my last Golf it was awesome......

Be interesting to see the difference between the Revo and the DTUK stage 2 box.

Dear All,
Having been lurking here since about February, I though it was about time I posted a huge thankyou. This thread was, for a long time the only source of information/photographs of the A5 BE+ that I could find anywhere on the net. It helped me while away the wait, which thankfully is nearly over. My 1st ever brand new car landed at the dealership today. Beyond excited... View attachment 63255 View attachment 63250 View attachment 63251 View attachment 63252 View attachment 63253 View attachment 63254 What a beaut!
Looking to get the exact same car.What suspension have you got was thinking of going for the softer suspension as my black edition has the sports and is very firm

I found s-line suspension on fwd manual coupe to be unbearably firm, yet on the same car as an S-tronic Quattro to be fine due to the extra dampening effect of the extra weight.

I now have an 2.0tdi black edition stronic quattro with drive select and damper control and find it perfect.

Scott.T thanks I have the pedal bo X already can't be live how it's transformed the box.

Let us know what the maps like I had the Revo Stage 2 on my last Golf it was awesome......

Be interesting to see the difference between the Revo and the DTUK stage 2 box.

I have DTUK tuning box now fitted and it gives a nice change in torque delivery causing the traction control light to flash for the first time (on a Quattro). It also makes it worth pushing the revs round the dial a touch further. It turns the driving experience more into a petrol style.

Problem I have is too many options what with ADS, DTUK Pedal box settings 1, 2, 3 and now DTUK Tuning box settings 1, 2, 3.
Still wish I'd bought a petrol though :(

Just had a revo stage 1 on my 2.0tdi Quattro S-tronic, huge difference, now pulls all the way through the gears and no worse on mpg. Would still go for the 3.0tdi if I was buying again!

Anyone looking to sell those BE plus alloys? I am looking for some 19 inch black alloys for my car.

I'm getting impatient waiting for mine now. 16 week wait quoted in total, 8 weeks down and counting. Supposedly build week 25 (w/c 20/6/16). Have been tracking on 'youraudi' but hasn't moved status since receiving order 8 weeks ago !

All I can do is look at the great pics posted on here to pass the time.....