A5 Black edition plus

Stirlingmoss

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone help, got a 13 plate A4 black edition, would like to change to A5 black edition plus, BUT am l better to wait for for the new facelift and if so when is it due out, got a good deal From Audi for an A5 as my mate works for them but not sure if I,m better to wait. Thanks.

Hey, think I'm in a good position to answer as I was in your exact position recently. I had a 14 plate A4 Black Edition, and was wondering the same thing. I went for the A5 BE+ now, for a couple reasons. One, I'm impatient and couldn't imagine waiting so long for a new car!! Ha, but importantly, as the current gen A5 is in its final facelift before the new model comes out, they are doing insane specials on them. I got mine nearly £8k off RRP from an Audi dealership (not 3rd party or anything). This means that on a PCP you'll be most likely in positive equity by the time the new model comes out (as the car will devalue from RRP and not from what you paid for it). Getting a big discount (if any) on the new model when it launches will be nigh on impossible.

The new model is due roughly mid-way through next year. My personal plan, is that by the time 2 years have run on my 4 year PCP agreement, I would be in enough equity to switch over to the new model without much if any outlay on deposit or monthly payments (the A5 is also one of the least depreciating luxury cars out there). The new model would have been in showrooms for 6/7 months, and so better deals are more likely than at launch. I would also get one just before the plates switch in March to get an even better deal (I don't care about having the latest plate). Plus from March onwards used cars depreciate due to so many being traded in for new plates. Another bonus is that some cars would be in circulation through dealerships that might not have sold (people changing their minds, finances not approved) and if one matches your spec, you can further bargain with them and you'll get it within a couple days typically.

My A4 made me £2,000 positive equity after 11 months on a 4 year PCP (by getting a good deal originally like I did on my A4, although didn't get as much discount on the A4). To upgrade the A4 BE to a new A5 BE+ cost me nothing up front and £20 more per month. Yesterday I traded in my wife's Kia Rio and made £1,700 positive equity mid-way through her PCP agreement, and as such only needed to put down a further £300 on her deposit for a new A3 S-Line. It really pays to keep on top of where you are on your agreement equity wise as you can swop out for new models pretty regularly if you wanted without much if any outlay on deposit or monthly payments. This also means not worrying about servicing, tyres and other wear/tear items, MOT's etc.

Hope that helps! BTW - this isn't Bible, just my own personal opinion and experiences!

Reactions: Double V and Pauljamescaton
Hey, think I'm in a good position to answer as I was in your exact position recently. I had a 14 plate A4 Black Edition, and was wondering the same thing. I went for the A5 BE+ now, for a couple reasons. One, I'm impatient and couldn't imagine waiting so long for a new car!! Ha, but importantly, as the current gen A5 is in its final facelift before the new model comes out, they are doing insane specials on them. I got mine nearly £8k off RRP from an Audi dealership (not 3rd party or anything). This means that on a PCP you'll be most likely in positive equity by the time the new model comes out (as the car will devalue from RRP and not from what you paid for it). Getting a big discount (if any) on the new model when it launches will be nigh on impossible.

The new model is due roughly mid-way through next year. My personal plan, is that by the time 2 years have run on my 4 year PCP agreement, I would be in enough equity to switch over to the new model without much if any outlay on deposit or monthly payments (the A5 is also one of the least depreciating luxury cars out there). The new model would have been in showrooms for 6/7 months, and so better deals are more likely than at launch. I would also get one just before the plates switch in March to get an even better deal (I don't care about having the latest plate). Plus from March onwards used cars depreciate due to so many being traded in for new plates. Another bonus is that some cars would be in circulation through dealerships that might not have sold (people changing their minds, finances not approved) and if one matches your spec, you can further bargain with them and you'll get it within a couple days typically.

My A4 made me £2,000 positive equity after 11 months on a 4 year PCP (by getting a good deal originally like I did on my A4, although didn't get as much discount on the A4). To upgrade the A4 BE to a new A5 BE+ cost me nothing up front and £20 more per month. Yesterday I traded in my wife's Kia Rio and made £1,700 positive equity mid-way through her PCP agreement, and as such only needed to put down a further £300 on her deposit for a new A3 S-Line. It really pays to keep on top of where you are on your agreement equity wise as you can swop out for new models pretty regularly if you wanted without much if any outlay on deposit or monthly payments. This also means not worrying about servicing, tyres and other wear/tear items, MOT's etc.

Hope that helps! BTW - this isn't Bible, just my own personal opinion and experiences!

Thanks, don,t think I can wait till next year lol, but your opinion gives me more to think about, will have to speak to my mate again and will see what happens, p.s A5 in red rotary wheels or the 20inch wheels not decided yet.

I'd completely agree with vervdc... but now I'm feeling a little queezy after reading the above as I only got about £4500 off mine :sob:

Still love it though, but would definitely have gone for the 3.0tdi if I'd got a better deal. Live and learn, should have done my homework before hand. Someone on here recommended the broker orangewheels but to late for me. Worth just visiting the website to see the potential discounts available.

Haha, well at least you'll know for next time! :) I personally found that carwow.co.uk was better than orangewheels - worth putting in your specs and seeing which Audi dealership offers the best price (all anonymous). Then take the quote to your local dealership (helps if they use carwow themselves) and see if they'll match/beat it. It's great as you don't have to worry about trying to negotiate with the sales guys if that kind of thing makes you feel awkward, just show them the quote and in order to get your business they will typically just say "ok".

One more vote for carwow. I got just shy of £10k off my new S5 order ! Fantastic service.

Very interesting reading vervdc and certainly gives food for thought.. Amazing what deals can be had towards the end of the life cycle of a model and it's still s beautiful car that draws lots of looks

Very good information.

I got my A5 sportback 2015 3 days ago.
I traded in my A1 BE. Did not pay any deposit. But my monthly gone up by £100.
Is this right ? or am i being ripped off ?
Audi said they knocked off £8000 from the price.
But I didnt see that on any paper work only £ 4000 Audi centre mentioned as deposit.

:|