A5 Cab Advice before buying

leeclu

Reaction score
I’m in a position to buy an Audi A5 Cab, I have £8k and have been looking at 09/10 plates with approx 70k - 80k on the clock. I was all set u til my brother in law said that they’re lovely cars but expensive to put right when they go wrong.

My question is will I start to have problems with one of that age? Any advice for buying one if I do decide too go ahead?? Are there any common problems with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in a position to buy an Audi A5 Cab, I have £8k and have been looking at 09/10 plates with approx 70k - 80k on the clock. I was all set u til my brother in law said that they’re lovely cars but expensive to put right when they go wrong.

My question is will I start to have problems with one of that age? Any advice for buying one if I do decide too go ahead?? Are there any common problems with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve just bought a 2013 S5 cab and read every review car review going. Main issues I could find with the S5 were the gearbox and water leaks. The gear box needs a service every 38000 miles and the main culprit I could find with water leaks was the seal under the rear window that touches the car eventually dries out and let water in. This seal just needs to be moisturized with gummi pledge or something like that. Apart from that no major horror stories. I bought one and no problems. At the end of the day all cars have some sort of issue sooner or later and cars are so complex these days none are cheap to fix.