a5 headlights

linford-quattro

Reaction score
Only just got the car so don't know much on her yet.... the headlights are garbage I could hardly see.

What do people use as an upgrade and can I get a better colour to match to the drl strip?

Now a few daft questions regarding lights. noticed the fogs was on do these need coding out?

When the car is locked the lights stay on a couple of secs is this something else that requires coding?

Any pics on your upgrades would be brill!

are they halogen on yours? Cant say i have a problem with the xenons, in fact i think i probably blind every one.
Had naff lights on the old mk4 golf, switched the bulbs to Osram night breakers from recommendations and omg the biggest difference, was very pleased.
Seen allot of people do the same across forums and always seem happy.

are they halogen on yours? Cant say i have a problem with the xenons, in fact i think i probably blind every one.
Had naff lights on the old mk4 golf, switched the bulbs to Osram night breakers from recommendations and omg the biggest difference, was very pleased.
Seen allot of people do the same across forums and always seem happy.

there the self level xeonons. I had a 4 hour motorway drive back from where i picked it up from. could hardly see jack

in which case, maybe they are badly aimed, mine was awful after it was lowered, couldnt see at night atall, so invested in my own vagcom and adjusted it at home which solved it for me.
But is it perhaps the xenon bulbs are quite old? what colour is the light emitted? purple, blue, yellow or white?

in which case, maybe they are badly aimed, mine was awful after it was lowered, couldnt see at night atall, so invested in my own vagcom and adjusted it at home which solved it for me.
But is it perhaps the xenon bulbs are quite old? what colour is the light emitted? purple, blue, yellow or white?

to look at they do look white ish however they were emitting the boring old yellowish color last night. my next thread is going to be asking if anyone has vag com near me to do me a few things so maybe they could solve this too. cheers

I am based in Winchester (Hampshire) and sometimes Selsey (West Sussex) with a unlimited VCDS if you can travel, not sure where you are based but happy to adjust them if you think that may be the issue.

I am based in Winchester (Hampshire) and sometimes Selsey (West Sussex) with a unlimited VCDS if you can travel, not sure where you are based but happy to adjust them if you think that may be the issue.

thanks very much for the offer but youre a good 4 hour away lol

and when the car is locked the lights stay on a couple of secs is this something else that requires coding?

you can adjust that in mmi, you don't need to code it. car>setup>coming home lights i think?

Reactions: linford-quattro
That's the how long they stay on when you turn the car off, called 'coming home lights'. To adjust the height/aim. You plug it in, put it into learning mode, then from there at the lights using a star head driver and turn the white marked screws in the headlights (bonnet up) until you reach the preferred height, there are 2 on each light, one for verticle adjustment and got horizontal. If you adjust without vag com it can cause error lights, out in my case they started having spasms whilst still not getting higher lol

@Meemo put some new bulbs in yesterday, 8k. The difference is unreal. Either the standard d3s bulbs are pants, or these are a hell of a lot better

Reactions: Meemo
Why 8K? You should be going for around 4.5k if you want the highest output.

I have a ''problem'' as well, with my A5 2007 headlights ...
I think they are to sensitive, if i brake, headlight beam goes down and if i accelerate fast, the beam goes up again, it's strange.