A5 radio reception

A3jack

Reaction score
hi lads , new to a5's got a 2007 a5 3.0 Quattro , with the sat nav, Bluetooth etc, but my radio reception is really really bad I'm sure it was fine on the drive home but it may of been me, I'm not sure if I have maybe clicked something I shouldn't of? It's on FM but can only find around one channel, any help or tips very appreciated thanks Jack.

Hi mate no I haven't, how do I do that? Thanks Jack

Depends what model MMI you have - Let me know what you have and I'll have a look for you.

It'll be 2G and rebooting it I doubt will do anything.

You need a fault code scan with VCDS as there could be a fault within the antenna system.

Hi lads on version it says f
SW- b8-Hu 46.9.0 0725

HW: B8 - HU 6329D2.0

FC SW: 06131AFC6AB320100

FC PS: 0100 FC HW:H07

Will scan with vcds and see what it says tomorrow thank you for the help

Scanned and it is the connection to the antenna amplifier , anybody know where this is located? Thanks Jack

found it you where correct it is in drivers side pillar but theres one in the oppisite pillar too!! so will change one at a time and see what happens thank you.

It would be great if you could take pictures. My FM reception is poor too and I have been considering taking the plunge to look at this

Yes I will mate I have a few but for some reason every time I try to upload it says the picture is too large I'll keep you informed and probably do a write up as there's nothing at all for this anywhere!

Are you the same Jack I've been messaging on facebook?

Yes I will mate I have a few but for some reason every time I try to upload it says the picture is too large I'll keep you informed and probably do a write up as there's nothing at all for this anywhere!

Thanks, that would be excellent !

Update - I've changed the driver side amp and no difference at all so that's a bust; will change the passenger side and let you guys know!

Did you get any further with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk