A5 service question

Infamous7856

Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted to ask my AUDI A5 2012 3.0 TDI SLINE quattro stronic gear box is due for a service. I was just wondering what the Haldex oil needs changing is this related to the quattro? car is going for a major service just wanted to know if that needed doing as well?

There is no Haldex on your car. The Haldex is only used on transverse engine cars,yours is longitudinal and has a Torsen diff.
S-tronic needs an oil change every 40K and it needs to be the correct oil.

Thanks mate, the s tronic oil and filter was done at 35k. Its at 55k now, i am thinking of getting that done at 60k. Just i got a bit confused as previous owner never had the haldex oil changed.

Hello all, just wanted to ask my AUDI A5 2012 3.0 TDI SLINE quattro stronic gear box is due for a service a5 mercedes. I was just wondering what the Haldex oil needs changing is this related to the quattro? car is going for a major service just wanted to know if that needed doing as well?
Hello.
my W204's ASSYST PLUS is showing X amount of miles before an A5 service is due. I have rang a couple of dealers re-booking her in for the A5 service only to be told its an A service. I explain that its saying A5 but they insist its an A! When I explain further I get the old 'Oh I see....'

Am I talking Double Dutch or is my ASSYST PLUS? Should dealers not know about this if its appearing on their cars? Also would an ATF change not be due? (48,000mls) I got quoted £229 for an A service and around £200 if ATF is changed.