A5 Sportback Roofbars - MY differences

DaveM

Reaction score
I've been looking for roofbars for my MY17 Sportback. I'd prefer to pick up a second hand set as the new prices are quite steep, but as the model is new there aren't any about. So I wondered if the older model roofbars would fit, the Thule system part numbers haven't changed between models so it would appear I could fit the older model Thule bars. However the Audi OEM bars have different part numbers 8T8071126A for the old model and 8W8071126 for the new one.

Does anyone have experience of fitting older model bars to the new car or does the OEM bar part numbers actually mean different designs? Clearly you don't want to make a mistake with clamping a load to the top of your pride and joy!

Thanks

I had this dilemma last year when travelling to France. I purchased a Thule kit that fitted my B9 s5 SB and also a B8 SB. The fitting is the same for both models and clamp on to the pins under the door rubber seals.

Reactions: DaveM
Thank you, I was hoping to buy some Audi ones as there a few available but I'll keep a look out for Thule ones.