A5 Suspension Query

Buck

Reaction score
I'm in the final throws of ordering my new A5 Sportback.

It'll be the 2.0 TDI Sline Stronic

One query I can't seem to get any feedback on is the choice of suspension.

Audi give a no cost option of Sports or Comfort Dynamic which some say makes the car ride height higher and can have the space in the wheel arches look too big.

My last Audi was Sline suspension (v hard but looked good!) and my current Golf GTD has fairly stiff/hard sports suspension.

Anybody any real world experience of either - my main concern is the sports suspension potentially being too harsh/crashy on the current roads we endure but at the same time, I don't want to sacrifice the looks!!

You also have the option of 'adaptive Comfort suspension with damper control'. I have selected this (S5 on order) - I was concerned the standard S5 sports suspension would be too 'harsh'. I had assumed (but could be completely wrong) that this would be the same ride height as standard suspension but gives you the option of a more comfort orientated setting - kind of the best of both worlds. But would be interested to hear from somebody who knows, rather than just my guessing!

Reactions: Buck
If you're looking for the free options i'd definitely say Sports\S line suspension. I think the comfort looks too high and i've not found the sports suspension too harsh at all. I've got the same spec you're looking at too and its a very comfortable ride even with the stiff sports suspension

Reactions: Buck
If you're looking for the free options i'd definitely say Sports\S line suspension. I think the comfort looks too high and i've not found the sports suspension too harsh at all. I've got the same spec you're looking at too and its a very comfortable ride even with the stiff sports suspension

That's great - thanks Danny - just what I wanted to hear !