A6 2.0 TDI CVT forward clutch slipping

Dimokslis

Reaction score
Hi,

Did some one on here had a problem with forward clutch slipping on CVT?
When Drive selected car will not move when foot lifted off the brake, it does start moving but just when revs go over 1500rpm. No matter how much RPM engine spins at car barely moves.
It works fine in reverse though.
Read hundreds of forums but could not find anyone with exact problem. Car is now parked in the garage and will not be taken for repair for couple of weeks so just trying to gather more info about these transmissions. BTW car was just purchased now with the problem.
Oil change did not help a bit, maybe just gear selection is smoother now than it was. There was a fault code that stated clutch slip monitoring, but it's not coming back after clearing nor any of following faults come back on.
P1743 - 000
P1818 - 006
P0722 - 000

This one P1793 - 000 appeared again during oil change but not anymore. Although I haven't driven a car on the road after oil change only on the driveway.
Any thoughts on this anyone? Thanks.

Just to answer to my own post.
After removing back part of the gearbox I noticed, that one of the pressure pipes was snapped. So now gearbox has to come out to be repaired. Also need to find why that pipe has snapped.
IMG 20180210 171037 LI

Hi,

Did some one on here had a problem with forward clutch slipping on CVT?
When Drive selected car will not move when foot lifted off the brake, it does start moving but just when revs go over 1500rpm. No matter how much RPM engine spins at car barely moves.
It works fine in reverse though.
Read hundreds of forums but could not find anyone with exact problem. Car is now parked in the garage and will not be taken for repair for couple of weeks so just trying to gather more info about these transmissions. BTW car was just purchased now with the problem.
Oil change did not help a bit, maybe just gear selection is smoother now than it was. There was a fault code that stated clutch slip monitoring, but it's not coming back after clearing nor any of following faults come back on.
P1743 - 000
P1818 - 006
P0722 - 000

This one P1793 - 000 appeared again during oil change but not anymore. Although I haven't driven a car on the road after oil change only on the driveway.
Any thoughts on this anyone? Thanks.
What happened after you find out that this pipe was snapped? Thanks