A6 2.0 this ultra oil change and extended warranty.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought I would ask here.

How much does it cost to get the oil changed at the dealer generally as a notice came up on the dash to say it needs oil change and inspection.

Also, does anyone know how much does it cost to buy an extended warranty? My original warranty will be up soon and as I understand you have to buy it back to back if you want one.
And lastly, is it worth buying the extended warranty?

I'm in two minds about keeping the car for longer so that would affect the decision but wondered what other people thought of extended warranty vs. Reliability of the car?

Best,
V

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Depends! If the car is under 3 years old it will vary a lot depending on location since labour rates come into play. Also if the car is on the variable service plan then the price tends to be higher because other things get looked at. If the car is over 3 years old and on the annual schedule then you qualify for fixed price servicing and an oil change is £190 and an inspection service is £360

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 80211
if it's under 3 years old they will fleece you, after that it's fixed price so you should be able to get the price from booking online

very glad I don't pay dealer prices!

I have emailed a few local dealers to get a quote. Very much want to supply my own oil as well but not sure if they allow it.

they may do, when i had my gearbox serviced i supplied my own (as i can get it for free)

If it’s under 3 years negotiate against the fixed price for the over 3 years models, just done that with the S6 and saved myself £180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s under 3 years negotiate against the fixed price for the over 3 years models, just done that with the S6 and saved myself £180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks will try that tomorrow.

All I'm after a bit of advice as dealership has left me confused. The message on dashboard says oil change and inspection. The car last had oil change and interval inspection in August 2018, since then its been driven for 10k miles.
Main dealership are saying it needs full service and quoting me £375 excluding oil which I have to supply.
Do you think it needs a full service or interim service or just oil change and inspection as I can't figure this out. And whichever options it needs what costs I should be looking for?

Best,
V

if you are on long life/flexible servicing then it will be due every 2 years regardless of mileage

so it will be a oil change and inspection (full service)

how old is the car? what is the current mileage?

if you are on long life/flexible servicing then it will be due every 2 years regardless of mileage

so it will be a oil change and inspection (full service)

how old is the car? what is the current mileage?
Well I don't know how to check what schedule its on? Is there a way to check?

Car is registered October 2017, current mileage is ~21k. Last oil change and inspection done on October 2018 at 11,800 miles and its only now the car dash is asking for oil change and inspection.

Best,
V

I have been looking at audi service website and they are doing £375 for two services for cars under 3 years which will include 1 x oil service and 1 x oil service and inspection. This price seems better than what dealership have quoted me for just oil change and inspection which they are calling full service. Any thoughts?

so i'm guessing it's asking for a service as it's coming up to 2 years since it was last done, it will require a service based on time/distance (which ever happens first)

the two services for £375 is likely to be on a fixed service regime rather than flexible, so you'll have a service now and another in 9k

they have you over a barrel a bit until the car is 3 years old and on a fixed price... i would ring round dealerships, i managed to save about 30% doing this previously, play them off against each other

But isn't flexible for longer distance and longer mileage users? Audi says they recommend fixed one for city/Town drivers which suits me more.

There is no price difference for fixed service schedule for cars under and over 3 years old (may be a tenner or so) and audi is doing 20% discount till end of July bringing the price to £375 for under 3 years old and £384 for over 3 years old both after discount. These include 2 x services.

Dealership are charging £355 - £375 for a single full service.

I'm going to ring around and see what they all offer.

How much did you end up paying for your full service then?

Also, who decides on whether it should be on flexible or foxed service and do you think mine is on fixed or flexible? And is this related to car being under 3 years that it can only be on fixed or flexible?

Just went in to check what the console says and it says the following as per picture. So there is quite a lot of miles left for both oil and inspection but I guess the time period is up that is 2 years. Does this make it fixed or flexible schedule?

8fdcd2ac5a3705a4b71650560a1c6bc8.jpg

Last edited:
flexible is for higher mileage users, if you are a low mileage user the service plan probably makes sense, for me it doesn't as it can't be used for flexible servicing

you can choose if you have fixed/flexible - not related to car age

your brake fluid would also be due at 3 years (and every 2 years after) - i'e pasted the additional work table for your reference

my last full service was free as i had a 2 service plan with my car when i bought it used, my invoice for it was £309 including pollen filter and fuel filter (my car was near 40k)

i paid to have my gearbox (£98), brake fluid (£22) and MOT done at the same time - these are cheaper than usual as I pay staff rates

Upload 2020 7 7 11 49 57

flexible is for higher mileage users, if you are a low mileage user the service plan probably makes sense, for me it doesn't as it can't be used for flexible servicing

you can choose if you have fixed/flexible - not related to car age

your brake fluid would also be due at 3 years (and every 2 years after) - i'e pasted the additional work table for your reference

my last full service was free as i had a 2 service plan with my car when i bought it used, my invoice for it was £309 including pollen filter and fuel filter (my car was near 40k)

i paid to have my gearbox (£98), brake fluid (£22) and MOT done at the same time - these are cheaper than usual as I pay staff rates

View attachment 205961
Thanks for the detailed answer. Good call on the brake fluid. Its a shame that MOT is not due till October otherwise I would have lumped all in.

i still think it's daft looking at that table that the service intervals are set at 9k and everything else is done on round numbers, so I last had mine serviced on 37k and essentially did all the additional items early, but the gap will be wider when i get to 80k

although with covid it will be about 20 years before i make that kind of mileage now, gone from doing 500-1,000 per week to doing 200 per month

i still think it's daft looking at that table that the service intervals are set at 9k and everything else is done on round numbers, so I last had mine serviced on 37k and essentially did all the additional items early, but the gap will be wider when i get to 80k

although with covid it will be about 20 years before i make that kind of mileage now, gone from doing 500-1,000 per week to doing 200 per month
Couldn't agree more with you and if the travel restrictions don't lift up or we have a second wave I guess my second service will be pretty much in year's time if I don't get to 9k miles.

BTW, do you have a link to full service schedule that lists all tasks. I was looking the car book it doesn't go into much detail and the only ones I could find were for USA which say everything must be done at 2 year interval.

i couldn't find one online, the picture i shared is from myaudi - but that doesn't detail the normal service schedule possibly because i have never been able to access my digital service schedule

The cambelt change at 140k - is that really the case?

I know on my B8.5 A4, the official advice is generally ignored and most people advise replacing the cambelt and water pump at 60-75k. Is this the same for the C7?