a6 2.5 v6 serious smokin

dingit

Reaction score
:uhm:hi just bought an a6, it is an old motor but is tidy. Made one mistake didnt check it well enough, the pleasure of dealing with ebay is there nearly all heaps of crap and the owners are worse. Any way I bought it with a small amount of smoke come from exaust and understanding it cleared when moving which it does do but what he failed to tell me was it had '0' oil in it. When I put oil in it did smoke alot more but still only when slowing down for a junction or round about or going very slow. I started out thinking it was a ring gone but it runs way to smooth , so I thought head gasket so had the water tested and it was clear. I have got no idea and am n ot mechanically minded so any good suggestions apart from get rid as I absolutely love the comfort and style of the car , but the smoke i could do with out.:banghead::sos:

its is on a t plate , had successful day yesterday took off oil cap and ran it round the block and absolutly no smoke, so i now believe it is the breathers, any other suggestions please tell me. thank you

spoke to local garage and they suggested a cap with out the seal would work until they have the parts in as they said the cap is only there to stop oil coming out and as long as the preasure does not build up the engine will be fine . is that correct ??? why have an air tight sealed cap if its not needed. they said 10 days for parts will it survive that long

it will probably be ok - I would keep an eye on the engine bay to watch for oil coming out of the cap.

The part is available from audi - they will likely have it in stock - but make sure you get the later part number ( on a T reg audi / your dealer will likely order the part to match what is in there ). There are plenty of posts on here that explain and have the part number.