A6 2008 2.7TDI V6 LE MANS

Stricky2309

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to the audi-sport site so I felt I should say hello and wanted to start a small thread for my new car and any upgrades, retrofits, and mods I carry out and I am sure I will need plenty of help along the way :tearsofjoy:
So I pick up my A6 next week its an upgrade for me as I am currently driving a 2007 A4 2.otdi se sport, which is nice being 170bhp from standard and currently remapped but I fancied something a bit bigger and a bit more luxury, so a local car dealer had a A6 traded in and its a 2008 2.7tdi v6 LE MANS Auto (CVT), it seems to have a few extras but I am not sure what the full list includes on the A6.
Having looked through the service book it has been regularly serviced, the gearbox oil was changed at 43k and the place I am buying it from has agreed to carry out an interim service and a secondary oil change on the gearbox (which being the later model and 7 speed CVT I am hoping it wont cause me any trouble) is now on 93k so is just overdue another oil change, he is also getting new front pads and discs fitted as I noticed slight disc warping when I took it out for a test drive, they are also sending the wheels away to be sandblasted and powder-coated before I pick it up next week. He also got a company in called dent devils to sort out a couple of carpark dents as well, so apart from a small scuff on the back bumper and the drivers side rear arch the bodywork is looking good for its age.

So a few bits I am planning on doing
Find out about upgrading the software or even the hardware for the MMI
Retrofit DAB
Upgrade the Bulbs within the xenon headlights for something brighter and also the fog lights so they match in Brightness and colour (I have heard of a forum expert concerning lighting?)
Fit white LED's to all internal lighting
Fit LED's to all rear lights
Change any S-Line badges for black
Fit a front dash cam (and possibly a rear)
Leon cupra-r splitter for the front
I am also looking for someone local with VCDS to do some coding as no one shows up near me on the VCDS map

Being new to the A6 platform I am not sure what will throw up warning lights as far as LED's and other mods and also what other easy and cheap mods there are to carry out, I have been reading through the forums and threads for advice and info.

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated, as well as any suggestions for mods, upgrades and links to threads and write ups that you think might be useful.

I will have some pictures of the car when I pick it up next week.

Nice to meet you all :sign imnew:

Welcome to the a6 owners club, looking forward to some pics, I know alot of the led bulbs for the exterior of the car will flash every 30 seconds when the car checks for bulb faults, I'm not sure if anyone has found an alternative that doesn't flash all the time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the a6 owners club, looking forward to some pics, I know alot of the led bulbs for the exterior of the car will flash every 30 seconds when the car checks for bulb faults, I'm not sure if anyone has found an alternative that doesn't flash all the time

I have heard that, but I recall reading that the pre facelift a6's with the xenon light option have led rear lights aswell? can anyone confirm this? Im not entirely sure what comes on my car until I pick it up on Thursday/Friday

I have heard that, but I recall reading that the pre facelift a6's with the xenon light option have led rear lights aswell? can anyone confirm this? Im not entirely sure what comes on my car until I pick it up on Thursday/Friday
My 09 plate a6 Le mans has led rear lights too, they are fine as they are fitted from factory, I'm not sure what will need coding if fitting led ones for none led ones, it's the none oem led's that flash every time the car does a check, so say you change your fog lights to led, they will flash every 30seconds

I k
My 09 plate a6 Le mans has led rear lights too, they are fine as they are fitted from factory, I'm not sure what will need coding if fitting led ones for none led ones, it's the none oem led's that flash every time the car does a check, so say you change your fog lights to led, they will flash every 30seconds

I think we have got a bit confused. :tearsofjoy: I know all facelift a6's have led rear lights, but were they an option on pre facelift models? I thought the pre facelift a6's had led rears fitted if they had the xenon optional extra?

A friend of ours has a pre-facelift Allroad with xenon headlights and it also has LED rear lights.
I am sure that I have seen new LED rear lights on eBay, described as being to convert the filament version.

@Furryhobnob @Simon968 After a bit of research and finding the original pricing and spec catalogue for the pre facelift A6 it says that
"Xenon Plus (main beam and dipped headlights), including headlight-washers, automatic range-adjustment, low-consumption daytime-driving lights and LED rear brake lights"
and I know mine has the xenon upgrade so must have LED rears aswell, not a bad optional extra priced at £550, considering what a retrofit would cost and the time involved

As far as I know the rear LED lights for the C6 are LED for the tail/brake only and are still filament style for the reverse/indicator/fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sory to butt in, as wouldn’t knew much about pre-face lift versions.

Your project list.
How are you planning to install Cupra fromt splitter?
Any pictures?

Sory to butt in, as wouldn’t knew much about pre-face lift versions.

Your project list.
How are you planning to install Cupra fromt splitter?
Any pictures?

A cupra front splitter will fit most cars, I had one fitted on a 206 gti180 about 5-6 years ago, just used self tapping screws to screw it to the underside of the bumper

8d5ff6ece285e4fe7c8b7dc8911a4c17.jpg
5f52671640651b269f7f585f93e9f222.jpg
0fc19f71945f5cd77941332ca96e4a28.jpg
7d80254bc6966195d4fc95872fd29503.jpg
4bdac2370bbcbab74fc21f68561a9b2b.jpg

And here it is on my gti
712cc23cd904fa6f9fc9c6b7a7e2fbc6.jpg

Last edited:
That A4 and Leon doesn't look like having Cupra splitter.

A3 at the top, have an unusual grille. Indented kind off. Interesting

They all look ok but the width of the splitter doesn't seem to match up with all bumper curves. Your 206 looks cool as the splitter go around the bumper nicely. Think wider cars might have a problem with it matching nicely.

That A4 and Leon doesn't look like having Cupra splitter.

A3 at the top, have an unusual grille. Indented kind off. Interesting

They all look ok but the width of the splitter doesn't seem to match up with all bumper curves. Your 206 looks cool as the splitter go around the bumper nicely. Think wider cars might have a problem with it matching nicely.
It's pretty easy to fit and match, but it's for a cupra so won't fit exactly to your bumper, they can be had for about £30 brand new though from memory, so a relatively cheap mod that looks pretty decent, I had mine sprayed on my gti to match the colour code of the car

Reactions: KrisKrk
I have cupra r splitter on my A4 SE at the the moment and in my opinion looks a lot better than standard, I’ll be taking this off to fit to the A6, I’m not sure wether the width is right for the A6 though or if it will look right, I’ll have to wait and see and I’ll upload some pictures when I do.

Reactions: Keefo13
I have cupra r splitter on my A4 SE at the the moment and in my opinion looks a lot better than standard, I’ll be taking this off to fit to the A6, I’m not sure wether the width is right for the A6 though or if it will look right, I’ll have to wait and see and I’ll upload some pictures when I do.
I would be interested in that. Hope you'll work it out and share it with us

Reactions: Keefo13
It’s back from having the wheels powder coated, but still waiting for them to carry out the service, gearbox service and new front discs and pads, I did manage to get a photo of the pr codes so now I know what options it was fitted with

PRCode: 0G7 = Tiptronic
PRCode: 0JK = Weight category front axle weight range 10
PRCode: 0YJ = Weight range 9 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1BV = Sports suspension/shock absorption
PRCode: 1KW = Disc brakes rear
PRCode: 1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
PRCode: 1SA = Without additional engine guard
PRCode: 1X0 = Front wheel drive
PRCode: 1ZL = Disc brakes front
PRCode: 2FQ = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
PRCode: 2K7 = Reinforced bumpers
PRCode: 3FE = Electric slide/tilt sunroof with sun screen/sunblind
PRCode: 3L4 = Electric seat adjustment for both front seats driver's seat with memory system
PRCode: 3NZ = Rear seat bench unsplit backrest split folding
PRCode: 3Y3 = Roll-up sun screen for rear window and rear side windows
PRCode: 4GP = Windshield in heat-insulating glass withsunshield and viewing window for vehicleidentification number
PRCode: 4K2 = Radio remote controlled central locking SZV
PRCode: 4KF = Side windows in heat-insulating glass from B-pillar and rear window dark tinted
PRCode: 4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation andcircuit breaker
PRCode: 4UF = Driver's and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
PRCode: 4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
PRCode: 5D7 = Carrier frequency 868 MHz without panic button
PRCode: 5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
PRCode: 5TG = Decorative aluminum inserts dulling
PRCode: 6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical large viewing field
PRCode: 6XL = Exterior mirrors: with memory function automatically dimming electrically foldable/adjustable/heated
PRCode: 7GN = Emission standard EU4 DPF preparation
PRCode: 7K3 = Tire pressure control frequency 433 MHzhigh level version
PRCode: 7Q2 = Navigation system with color screen
PRCode: 7X8 = Park distance control front and rear with rear view camera
PRCode: 8EC = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp for driving on the left
PRCode: 8GV = Alternator 180 A
PRCode: 8Q5 = Headlight-range adjustment automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)
PRCode: 8Z5 = Not hot country
PRCode: 9Q4 = Multi-function display/on-board computerwith check control
PRCode: C8K = Alloy wheels 8.5J x 19
PRCode: D1N = 6-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.7 L/132 kW 24VV6 TDI common rail base engine is TA1
PRCode: E4J = S-line
PRCode: F0A = No special purpose vehicle standard equipment
PRCode: J0Z = Battery 520 A (110 Ah)
PRCode: Q1D = Sports front seats
PRCode: TA1 = 6-cylinder diesel engine 2.7 L unit 059.F
PRCode: U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer clock tachometer and trip odometer
PRCode: X2B = National sales program Great Britain

It’s taken some time for me to figure it out how to upload the pictures but here are so pictures of it with the freshly powder coated wheels
80059C5D 8E00 41A2 82ED 2069EC108CB5
F0F0AB5A B26D 4515 B760 5335CE9750DE
3761CAC0 3777 4EAA 9F9B 0B4ACC5FE652
D1E39ACC DAFB 4F90 BDE9 34CC56F247BB
25371375 4822 4AA8 92A8 800050BB6B2B

Like your car colour.
Wheels look immaculate.
Do you have more pictures of that front splitter. How does it match up with bumper curves and how does it ends, near wheel arches.

I don’t actually have the car yet, I just went in to the dealer I’m buying it from to try and hurry it up a bit. I’ll let you know when I pick it up, and have had a play with the splitter, I think the picture you posted on another thread has an A6 with the Leon Cupra R splitter on it

So I picked the car up last Wednesday, absolutely loving it, such an upgrade on my A4. Wednesday night one of the rear led clusters stopped working so Thursday I took it back to the dealer and he order a brand new cluster and they fitted it on Friday.
I have fitted led interior lights which I took out of my A4, and have replaced the side lights for led ones from Halfords (not keen on the place but I have a trade card so get lamps and wipers and other consumables really cheap)
The Xenons are both a slightly different colour and one is currently playing up sometimes after being used for a while, after use I have switched the car off and then if I start the car again and switch the lights on again quite soon after, one of the Xenons will not illuminate. So I want to upgrade them anyway, does anyone have any links to threads on xenon lamp upgrades or recommendations on which ones to use?
Also any recommendations or threads for upgrading the drls, indicators, and reverse lamps to leds which don’t throw up warning lamps

Cheers :smiley:

For the reverse lights you shouldn’t be worry much as they unluckily to threw an error. No need for resistors for them either. They will hyper flash anyway.
Same for number plate lights and rear indicators.

I will be changing reverse leds for some more bright and powerful ones. Will drop link later.

What indicator amber leds did you got from Halfrouds? Are they bright and visible enough during the day?
As for xenons. Best to speak to @t8ups, site sponsor.
Otherwise, D3S xenon bulbs which you should have, are pretty easy to get. Go for Osram CBI, Nightbrakers or Philips Xtreme vision.
I got fogs as power led H7’s with heat sink. They have blue ish colour shade and do not match drl strip I have. If you have the PFL version headlamps, you would have wedges w5w’s.
For those, I wouldn’t know any to recommend.
Front indicators threw error in my car so resistors were needed. This did not got rid of hyper flash.
My car hyper flash all round like xmas tree or fuzz. Lol

I had LED reverse lamps in mine, but gave up on them after a few hours due to the flashing every 30 seconds when the car does its self check.
Same with number plate lamps. I now have genuine Audi LED number plate lamps and although they still flash, it's not not so noticeable as they are not stupidly bright like the aftermarket ones.

Reactions: Stricky2309
I haven’t fitted indicator leds or drls yet, just led side lights.
D0C316B3 EC7D 4446 A422 350584B11FF6

B85726A6 6420 4092 8066 1EBF4FC77F28

It’s not the best picture of them as it’s getting dark outside but when I fit led drls and indicators I’ll pull them out and photograph them properly.
Lovely and bright though
This is just on the side light setting
97372E38 1795 4FE9 AF8B D26874841B14

7F7FA05A 54BB 4E1B 863C F6C6D209EE68

Today I fitted led drls and got a better photos of the led side lights I had previously fitted, the car just looks so much better from the front now in my opinion, as I ended up with a bit of spare time today these also came from Halfords :fearscream: (discounted from £20 to £10 with my trade card) so a half decent price I thought?
Here are a couple of pictures of the leds I’ll get some tomorrow of them illuminated in day light.

The side light leds

E0A68FF3 E4CB 4C71 BC69 E980FE66C9BD

And the drl leds

611994D1 BD7D 4086 BE30 0867A37AEAA8

90FD2A49 A7FD 477B AA88 16DCE01B1D14

It’s back from having the wheels powder coated, but still waiting for them to carry out the service, gearbox service and new front discs and pads, I did manage to get a photo of the pr codes so now I know what options it was fitted with

PRCode: 0G7 = Tiptronic
PRCode: 0JK = Weight category front axle weight range 10
PRCode: 0YJ = Weight range 9 installation control only no requirement forecast
PRCode: 1BV = Sports suspension/shock absorption
PRCode: 1KW = Disc brakes rear
PRCode: 1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
PRCode: 1SA = Without additional engine guard
PRCode: 1X0 = Front wheel drive
PRCode: 1ZL = Disc brakes front
PRCode: 2FQ = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
PRCode: 2K7 = Reinforced bumpers
PRCode: 3FE = Electric slide/tilt sunroof with sun screen/sunblind
PRCode: 3L4 = Electric seat adjustment for both front seats driver's seat with memory system
PRCode: 3NZ = Rear seat bench unsplit backrest split folding
PRCode: 3Y3 = Roll-up sun screen for rear window and rear side windows
PRCode: 4GP = Windshield in heat-insulating glass withsunshield and viewing window for vehicleidentification number
PRCode: 4K2 = Radio remote controlled central locking SZV
PRCode: 4KF = Side windows in heat-insulating glass from B-pillar and rear window dark tinted
PRCode: 4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation andcircuit breaker
PRCode: 4UF = Driver's and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
PRCode: 4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
PRCode: 5D7 = Carrier frequency 868 MHz without panic button
PRCode: 5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
PRCode: 5TG = Decorative aluminum inserts dulling
PRCode: 6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical large viewing field
PRCode: 6XL = Exterior mirrors: with memory function automatically dimming electrically foldable/adjustable/heated
PRCode: 7GN = Emission standard EU4 DPF preparation
PRCode: 7K3 = Tire pressure control frequency 433 MHzhigh level version
PRCode: 7Q2 = Navigation system with color screen
PRCode: 7X8 = Park distance control front and rear with rear view camera
PRCode: 8EC = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp for driving on the left
PRCode: 8GV = Alternator 180 A
PRCode: 8Q5 = Headlight-range adjustment automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)
PRCode: 8Z5 = Not hot country
PRCode: 9Q4 = Multi-function display/on-board computerwith check control
PRCode: C8K = Alloy wheels 8.5J x 19
PRCode: D1N = 6-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.7 L/132 kW 24VV6 TDI common rail base engine is TA1
PRCode: E4J = S-line
PRCode: F0A = No special purpose vehicle standard equipment
PRCode: J0Z = Battery 520 A (110 Ah)
PRCode: Q1D = Sports front seats
PRCode: TA1 = 6-cylinder diesel engine 2.7 L unit 059.F
PRCode: U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer clock tachometer and trip odometer
PRCode: X2B = National sales program Great Britain
This is good news :) tip tronic not multi and no dpf . Happy days !!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I read that it says tiptronic but I thought they only ever put multitronic boxes in the 2.7 autos? And I thought they all had dpfs after a certain age? @niedzial1983

Hey, @Stricky2309,

Ordered some new indicator leds Monday and got them today

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162694653175

They are wicked.
Will check them tomorrow during the day but so far, I am stunned with their performance.

5e694eaa279a45b5cb8d01fa34b45186.jpg

On the left is a old bulb and on the right is the new one.

b80ddcb7b660703414be360cb9f4d7ab.jpg

Took only a pair of them for testing but will definitely order another set for the front.

Reverse T15’s are on their way also

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142450768083

Will report back once arrived and fitted

Last edited:
They look good, do you have a video of the leds performing hyper flash? @KrisKrk

Weather was awful in here today so will try and take it tomorrow.
Meant to take few pics also of them performing in a day light.

Contacted the seller with query for another pair. They said is out of stock but holding a pair for me.
Will get the front ones shortly.

Thinking of getting another pair of load resistor for the rear indicators.
Read online that, all 4 indicators fitted with them can solve dash error (had non for the rears, only the front ones but sorted with load resistors) but also hyper flash.
Will give it a go.

So fitting the resistors can possibly solve the hyper flash?
If it does keep me updated

I already have resistors fitted to the front indicators. But according to the article I read, ecu can only be cheated by fitting all 4 corners with resistors. At least that was the theory.
Will get a pair of them to fit at the rear and report back

Reactions: Stricky2309
Top thread @Stricky2309
I have a pre-facelift, so no LED's on any lights, but am upgrading all bulbs. Went for Osram NightBreakers H1 and H7's upfront and LED side lights (****** forgot to order more Osrams for the Fogs...they are on route as I would like all lights in the same ball park). I've gone for some LED number plate bulbs also...but looking @KrisKrk 's, they be damn bright...so might darken the lens slightly after test.
I appreciate I'm pre facelift, so you may not know...but could I buy LED rear lights and just fit? Plug and play...?

I have also ordered full interior light kit...something like 14 bulbs?! :tearsofjoy:

Your car looks very clean mate, good purchase, enjoy!

PS, like the cupra splitter idea, with an RS6 grille, could look pretty sweet!

Keefo.

Thanks, hopefully any small bits I do can help out others. I have no idea on the plug and play ability of led rear lights, sorry. The interior lights make such a difference in led I have just finished mine.
Just need to do the door lights now

Do they do oem FL version of them?

Asking only for your sake as these are pre FL

Yes, but the facelift version may not be plug and play on pre-facelift version like the other kit.

Top thread @Stricky2309
I have a pre-facelift, so no LED's on any lights, but am upgrading all bulbs. Went for Osram NightBreakers H1 and H7's upfront and LED side lights (****** forgot to order more Osrams for the Fogs...they are on route as I would like all lights in the same ball park). I've gone for some LED number plate bulbs also...but looking @KrisKrk 's, they be damn bright...so might darken the lens slightly after test.
I appreciate I'm pre facelift, so you may not know...but could I buy LED rear lights and just fit? Plug and play...?

I have also ordered full interior light kit...something like 14 bulbs?! :tearsofjoy:

Keefo.
C6 dosent like leds. They will show as fault and flicker every 30 seconds as the car checks for faulty bulbs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Top thread @Stricky2309

Keefo.
My number plate leds only look very bright only in photos. In reality, they are bright but don't reflect the light on the plates. I do however, brighten up a street at the back of the car, like a flood light. Got them as a whole aftermarket units and they tend to flicker every 30sek, with ecu bulb check. When my lights are set on Auto, and they lit, it is fine. At least I don't strobe from there (!)